Tebow Bandwagon Time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Yup, I admit it, I'm on the Broncos/Tebow Bandwagon for the rest of this season.

Another OT win. And I don't care that it was predominately the Broncos D, the Broncos kicker, and the Bears' unraveling, starting at the 12min-mark of the 4th qtr.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yeah, me too. It's a fun team to watch. They are very, very, very lucky tho. If Barber stays in bounds or doesn't fumble....or if Cutler AND Forte hadn't got hurt. But hey, better lucky than a loss.

Rams need some luck.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
interference said:
Yup, I admit it, I'm on the Broncos/Tebow Bandwagon for the rest of this season.

Another OT win. And I don't care that it was predominately the Broncos D, the Broncos kicker, and the Bears' unraveling, starting at the 12min-mark of the 4th qtr.
Very inspiring. He's fun to watch,

superfan24

Starter
lol felt it watching with friends in chicago. Damn were they pissed. But what can I say can't help but cheer for the Broncos.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think there's no one more relieved (or happy) than McDaniels. Seems he got that one right.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
X said:
I think there's no one more relieved (or happy) than McDaniels. Seems he got that one right.

Gotta include Damryius(sp?) Thomas. He was drafted to be Brandon Marshall replacement and now hes healthy.

I just cant figure out how the Broncos opponents make the HUGE mistakes late in the games. The Jets D blitzes up the middle, the safety screws up, TD Tebow. Barber is a veteran player that just needed to stay in bounds, hes a freaking veteran player that should know what to do in that situation. Tebow runs in on a 2 pt conversion against the Chargers and Dolphins, and everyone knew thats what would happen! Its incredible. Cannot wait for Broncos/Pats next week. Part of me can really see this being the game where the Broncos come down to earth due to facing an elite QB, but the Pats secondary is terrible. Really interesting matchup. Cant you see Brady and Belichick just licking their chops going into this game? They would love to stop Tebow Madness.

Angry Ram

Tebow, Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker are all making impacts. And Zane Beadles has started 26/28 games. Not bad.

Plus Robert Ayers the year before is contributing.

Maybe McDaniels was on to something. Now if only he can call run plays from the 2 yard line.... :|

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Nope. I'm not on the bandwagon. The guy threw, like, three complete passes in the first half. He was sacked five times, was picked off once, and fumbled once. And the only reason he even won that game was because of their defense (Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, D.J. Williams, and they have other young players like Rahim Moore and Quinton Carter) and Matt Prater, who I think is the most underrated kicker in the league. Otherwise, it would have been a blowout.

Enough with the Tebow-mania. Enough. Give the defense credit. Give Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker credit. Give Matt Prater credit. But I'm tired of the media saying that Tebow is "God's Quarterback" or whatever it is. Even he said it was a team effort.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I just dont get it. He is probably the worst QB in the league for the first three quarters of each game he plays and then is the best in the 4th.

Fun to watch tho :popcorn:

Got a kick out of what Urlacher said. Called Tebow a good RB.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Memento said:
Nope. I'm not on the bandwagon. The guy threw, like, three complete passes in the first half. He was sacked five times, was picked off once, and fumbled once. And the only reason he even won that game was because of their defense (Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, D.J. Williams, and they have other young players like Rahim Moore and Quinton Carter) and Matt Prater, who I think is the most underrated kicker in the league. Otherwise, it would have been a blowout.

Enough with the Tebow-mania. Enough. Give the defense credit. Give Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker credit. Give Matt Prater credit. But I'm tired of the media saying that Tebow is "God's Quarterback" or whatever it is. Even he said it was a team effort.

Bruce Feldman of CBS had a very good tweet yesterday about this basically saying that team is so fun to watch on Sundays but its the other 6 days of the week that are tough. That is such a true statement. I still dont get the "hes the most polarizing figure in the NFL" statements. Why do people put that label on him? I know hes really upfront when it comes to religion and some people just naturally dislike him because of the media hype. The guy hasnt committed bad crimes, hes a good guy, a role model, and hes currently on a team that finds ways to wins games, whats not to like about this? The stuff that sucks is you wont hear enough credit for the other players on the team, but this is how it goes in the NFL. When the team is successful, the QB will get a lot of credit. We used to have this issue last year on who should be getting the most credit when the Rams were improved.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I don't know, there's something about Tebow that I just don't like. I think it's how he wears his religion on his sleeve like it's a badge of honor or something. Truly spiritual people don't need to do that (see Rev. Bruce, Ray Agnew, etc.).

Other than that, it is an interesting story.

I wonder if all of those Bronco's Fans who said McDaniels ruined their franchise is still believing that?

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
brokeu91 said:
I don't know, there's something about Tebow that I just don't like. I think it's how he wears his religion on his sleeve like it's a badge of honor or something. Truly spiritual people don't need to do that (see Rev. Bruce, Ray Agnew, etc.).

I wonder if all of those Bronco's Fans who said McDaniels ruined their franchise is still believing that?

Yeah I can understand that. Im not sure if Ive seen players kneel and pray as much as him during games and its always gonna be picked up by the cameras or the sideline reporter.

Oh and check out this article: <a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/12/tim-tebows-pastor-attributes-wins-to-gods-favor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ods-favor/</a>

I dont even know how what to say about that lol.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
brokeu91 said:

I dont like him either.

For me its how he is polar opposites on and off the field. On the field he's this emotional leader you see yelling and screaming. Then, off the field, in front of the cameras he comes off soft spoken and timid.

For me, that screams FAKE. I just dont understand how you can be that different. When you step on the field you have to have an edge, but I have never seen such a stark difference in personality.

Then I think his faith compounds my dislike. Im a Christian. I would like everyone to find salvation. But I dont like someone I perceive as fake being such an outspoken proponent of the Christan faith. That really bothers me

Nevertheless .... Fun to watch

bluecoconuts

Legend
brokeu91 said:

They still do but it makes me laugh. Tebow is saving their season, Hillis has turned back into a pile of shit... I think Josh wasn't as bad as Denver fans want to believe he is.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
bluecoconuts said:
brokeu91 said:

They still do but it makes me laugh. Tebow is saving their season, Hillis has turned back into a pile of shyte... I think Josh wasn't as bad as Denver fans want to believe he is.

And isnt most of their OL draft picks from McD? I know Clady isnt, and their RT is a rookie, but its a pretty young OL. Scheffler has been OK in Detroit, same can be said for Marshall in Miami, hes still putting up good numbers. Decker and Thomas look like a good set of WRs to build around. I remember people saying it would take awhile for Elway and Fox to turn that franchise around because of the damage McD did, and things could still change, but its looking good right now.

Can you imagine what happens if the Broncos beat the Patriots next week? Its gonna destroy Twitter and the Internet, Skip Bayless will have a heart attack, Merrill Hoge will go into hiding, Elway will turn to drinking. Chaos. :rofl:

Angry Ram

libertadrocks said:
brokeu91 said:

I dont like him either.

For me its how he is polar opposites on and off the field. On the field he's this emotional leader you see yelling and screaming. Then, off the field, in front of the cameras he comes off soft spoken and timid.

For me, that screams FAKE. I just dont understand how you can be that different. When you step on the field you have to have an edge, but I have never seen such a stark difference in personality.

Then I think his faith compounds my dislike. Im a Christian. I would like everyone to find salvation. But I dont like someone I perceive as fake being such an outspoken proponent of the Christan faith. That really bothers me

Nevertheless .... Fun to watch

See, that doesn't bother me. I don't care how much he preaches, I'm free to make my own choices and not worry about what other people think. I just watch the football player, and yeah he's a good football player.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I just think too much credit is given to Tebow for winning games. A lot of media (and posters) acknowledge their defense, but it's mostly lip service in favor of cheering for the underdog QB. It's understandable; I often find myself chuckling through what now seems the inevitable comeback.

I used to say that Elway could win most of his games if it was close. The good teams knew this, which is why Denver was blown out in 3 SBs in the 80's. Denver's defense wasn't up to that challenge.

Checkout the teams Tebow, uh, Denver has beaten: Miami (on their losing streak), KC, Oakland, Jets, Bears (minus QB & RB), Chargers, Vikings. All are teams with issues, and only the Jets seem playoff worthy. This week it's NE, who has the offense but questions on defense.

Of all the comebacks, the only one that impressed me at all was the game against the Jets. How can you play shit for 3 quarters and reverse that trend so many times? Only if the other team lets you.

IMO, if the Broncos make the playoffs they seem unlikely to win more than one game.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Down by 18 with 10 mins to go against the Pats. Here we go.....

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's 1 score. Down by 11 with over 8 mins.