Teams That Players Don't Want To Play For

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Oyster

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And there's no mention of the Rams!

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...82514?cmpid=msn:foxsports:ansfox11&gt1=msnans

Most NFL players apparently want nothing to do with the Silver and Black.

ESPN polled 82 current NFLers on which team they would least like to play for, posing the question as: "The only way I'd play for (team name) is if they doubled my salary."

The Cleveland Browns and Buffalo Bills each pulled in more than 15 percent of the vote, but the team receiving more thumbs down (23 percent) than any other was the Oakland Raiders -- a fact that isn't particularly surprising.

The once-dominant Raiders have been AFC West doormats for more than a decade now, going without a playoff appearance or winning record since losing the Super Bowl after the 2002 season. It also doesn't help that they play in what's widely regarded as one of the worst stadiums in American professional sports, or that they've had 16 different quarterbacks start at least one game over the last 10 seasons -- a number that will grow to 17 when new acquisition Matt Schaub makes his regular-season Raiders debut.

Current Oakland players don't necessarily agree with the rest of the league's assessment, though.

"I've never heard anybody that said they didn't want to play for the Raiders, so that's pretty shocking," cornerback Charles Woodson said. "I think you've got to take the attitude that if you didn't want to come here, it doesn't matter anyway. Over the years, I've known and talked to countless players that said, 'Man, I would love to come play in the Silver and Black.' So I think that poll might be kind of skewed."

The Bills ranked second in the poll with 19 percent of the vote, followed by the Browns (16 percent), Jacksonville Jaguars (9 percent) and Green Bay Packers (6 percent).

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm sure the methodology of that survey is suspect, but it's good to think playing for Fisher would help keep us off that list.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I can't imagine not wanting to play for any NFL team. There's only 32. Playing for one of them would be fucking epic.

If the Raiders are having trouble finding players, I'll play. League minimum even. I look forward to cashing my injury settlement checks after I get absolutely murdered out there, but I'd so be down to get my ass kicked as part of an NFL team.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Who the hell wouldn't wanna play for Aaron Rodgers?
Could be that there's not much to do there and it's COLD. Some of those guys like the night life and like to party and I'm not sure there's a lot of that in Green Bay.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Could be that there's not much to do there and it's COLD. Some of those guys like the night life and like to party and I'm not sure there's a lot of that in Green Bay.
Sausage and beer baby.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Any player avoiding GB would worry me, less focus on winning than "it is cold", "it isn't a fun place to live", "it would cramp my lifestyle" over what happens on the field. Though this is affected by who you are with now...if you are with Miami -> GB far better team, if you are with SF-> equal team, why trade location....

69superbowl

Rookie
Cold weather, bad ownership and lack of familiar social outlets (clubs, clothes, barbershops, etc.) for players. Didn't see the full list but bet Minny is pretty high (low?) on it too.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Rams would have been on this list a few years ago. But now under Fisher, players actually want to be here! We at least don't have to overpay people anymore.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't want to play in Minnesota...or anyhere cold actually. It'd play hell with my arthritis. Good job im not an NFL player I suppose.

Last edited:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Wouldn't want to play with any of the Florida teams. I hate that gulf stream climate

jjab360

Legend
And all this time we thought the reason that Green Bay signs so few free agents is because that's just the way they do business. More like they can't convince anybody to pack up everything and move to the middle of nowhere lol.