Teams poised to... implode

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Expectations can be tough to beat, particularly in the NFL where teams rise and fall like the tides on the Bay of Fundy.

Which teams could "implode" from the expectations?

BALTIMORE RAVENS
Not only do they battle the SuperBowl hangover... but they lost a shitload of key players in the offseason. That... and Flacco having to live up to his huge contract. It's a recipe for disaster.

When every team is out to knock off the SB Champs... it wouldn't surprise me if Baltimore misses the playoffs all together.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
Why the Seahawks? Because in some circles they have the top ranking in the entire NFL - that's pressure. For the same reason as Baltimore, everyone will be gunning for them.

Can Wilson prove himself in a sophomore campaign?

The NFC West is tough as nails.

And lastly, Pete Carroll's rah-rah stuff works great when things are going well... if this team slips early; the in-fighting begins and Pete's house of cards comes crumbling down.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Okay, this might be a long shot... But Tommy Boy is getting a little long in the tooth. He's lost some weapons and is counting on the glass-boned Amendola to be a playmaker.

Are the Patriots at the end of their run? Could be.

WASHINGTON REDSKINS
Mike Shannahan, thats' why. He's been below average without Elway... If RGKnee gets hurt again, the franchise will turn on Shanny. Not to mention... the Redskins aren't exactly loaded at WR.

I see a scenario where the wheels could fall off in Washington.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I think the Redskins back up QB kid can save Mike from the fans eating him alive if RG goes down.

they will still be really pissed though lol, I dont see RG3 lasting too long he took a beating his 1st season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yes please. All except Baltimore, because who cares.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I hope the Ravens get destroyed by the Steelers and then the remaining scraps can be taken up by the Bengals/Browns.

I hope the Rams make a complete joke out of the seaworms and win or lose...beat the shit out of them in the process.

I don't care about Washington.

I hope the Patriots and their ridiculous "Patriot way" dies a slow, rotting death into oblivion.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Ya should care about Washington lol we have their 1st rd pick lol

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I can see the Seahawks imploding. I dont think Wilson is as good as advertised. I'll give him props, he works his ass off, but I dont think he has the talent to be a long term franchise QB. The league will figure out the zone read soon. Not sure he can be an effective pocket passer. Plus they could end up losing Harvin for the year. Lynch can't continue to tote the rock like he has into perpetuity.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I would think the Whiners might be a team you would add to the list. Their problems @ WR could be a start. Add to the fact that Gore's style usually lays him up a couple of games w/ last year being the exception. Now add the fact he's at the magic # of 30. And Kapenick is dreaming about "running faster" since he's training w/ Olympians.....now take that combines w/ everyone will be shooting for a way to shut down his running and make him beat them w/ the pass..... I see a lot of great 15 yd runs on 3 and 17............

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
CGI_Ram said:
Expectations can be tough to beat, particularly in the NFL where teams rise and fall like the tides on the Bay of Fundy.

Which teams could "implode" from the expectations?

BALTIMORE RAVENS
Not only do they battle the SuperBowl hangover... but they lost a shitload of key players in the offseason. That... and Flacco having to live up to his huge contract. It's a recipe for disaster.

When every team is out to knock off the SB Champs... it wouldn't surprise me if Baltimore misses the playoffs all together.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
Why the Seahawks? Because in some circles they have the top ranking in the entire NFL - that's pressure. For the same reason as Baltimore, everyone will be gunning for them.

Can Wilson prove himself in a sophomore campaign?

The NFC West is tough as nails.

And lastly, Pete Carroll's rah-rah stuff works great when things are going well... if this team slips early; the in-fighting begins and Pete's house of cards comes crumbling down.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Okay, this might be a long shot... But Tommy Boy is getting a little long in the tooth. He's lost some weapons and is counting on the glass-boned Amendola to be a playmaker.

Are the Patriots at the end of their run? Could be.

WASHINGTON REDSKINS
Mike Shannahan, thats' why. He's been below average without Elway... If RGKnee gets hurt again, the franchise will turn on Shanny. Not to mention... the Redskins aren't exactly loaded at WR.

I see a scenario where the wheels could fall off in Washington.

The first ever Bay of Fundy NFL metaphor in the leagues history. Canada is bringing it!!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I hope the Redskins go 0-16! Every game I root against them for one more year.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
den-the-coach said:
I hope the Redskins go 0-16! Every game I root against them for one more year.

Ditto! I have to say though, it has been very hard for me to cheer against them when they play the cowgirls. I hate the cowgirls. Threw up a bit both times I had to cheer for them last year.