Teams Have Hard-Party Drug Concerns with Joey Bosa, Ezekiel Elliott

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not that this affects the Rams draft plans at all...... but if Bosa falls this could be part of it.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

Eastern Kentucky edge rusher Noah Spence was a standout pass-rusher at Ohio State before positive tests for the party drug ecstasy led to him being kicked out of the program. At the Senior Bowl, teams interviewed Spence about his issues at Ohio State, and while he wouldn't name names, he said that he wasn't the only Buckeye player who was using ecstasy while partying. In speaking with sources at multiple teams, two of the players that teams suspect for that type of partying are defensive end Joey Bosa and running back Ezekiel Elliott.

To be clear, neither player had a positive drug test for ecstasy or molly (MDMA). However, Bosa was suspended for the opening game of the 2015 season. Ohio State didn't clarify the exact offense for the suspension, but Bosa told teams during the NFL Combine interviews that he was suspended because he refused to take a drug test. That counted as a positive and thus he was automatically slapped with the suspension.

Bosa told teams that he wouldn't take the test because he was going to test positive for adderall. He is said to have ADHD or ADD, so teams wouldn't have held that positive test for adderall against him and they feel he should have just gotten a prescription for the medication. Teams believe that Bosa knew he was going to test positive for worse drugs and that is why he refused to take the test. Bosa wouldn't admit to using ecstasy or molly, but he did admit that he likes to attend raves. He claimed that he likes going to raves for the "music," which teams found to be very questionable. Molly and ecstasy are common drugs used at raves.

At Ohio State, Bosa was a roommate with Ezekiel Elliott. Apparently, their shared place was a party destination, and Bosa told teams that he had to move out and get his own place to get away from all the parties that Elliott had going on. Sources say they suspect that Elliott was also using molly and ecstasy while parting. A number of Elliott's teammates in the Combine interviews told teams that Elliott was a partier, and a unique individual. They said they hung out with him some, but he rubbed some the wrong way. Sources from multiple teams said that Elliott didn't interview well at the Combine, while Bosa had mixed feedback. The skepticism of why he goes to raves and the refusal of the drug test bothered some evaluators.

Lastly, teams said they don't expect these concerns to have an impact on the draft stock of either player. They firmly expect Bosa to go in the top 10 and Elliott to be selected in the top 20. Sources don't believe either is a candidate to slide. Teams in the 20s expect Elliott to be long gone, while sources with the Titans have said that Bosa is still in the running for the No. 1 overall pick to Tennessee, but Florida State defensive back Jalen Ramsey is the current leader with the Titans (see below). While teams suspect Bosa and Elliott of using those drugs, they don't have view them as risks like Randy Gregory last year. Teams don't think that Bosa and Elliott are serious candidates to be landing suspensions and testing positive in the NFL. Thus, both should be high draft picks in the 2016 NFL Draft.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php#wL4XH2DOK4b8mHGK.99

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So this^ means Bosa Drops to us at 15. And we take him! THE RAMS LEAP FOR HIM!!
And then Elliot Drops to 45 and we Take him, to give us two GREAT Backs!!
And in-between we Grab either WR Doctson, or QB Cook! Unless we want to get a QB Project Like Driskel of Louisiana!!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So this^ means Bosa Drops to us at 15. And we take him! THE RAMS LEAP FOR HIM!!
And then Elliot Drops to 45 and we Take him, to give us two GREAT Backs!!
And in-between we Grab either WR Doctson, or QB Cook! Unless we want to get a QB Project Like Driskel of Louisiana!!

I hope not we need offense and I don't mean a second round RB! But I think 15 is a more appropriate slot for Bosa. I don't see a Von Miller impact with him. I always thought Bosa played a little out of control. I wonder if this is just misinformation or is there a connection?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am far from being a Bosa fan. I would have no real serious issues with drafting him @ #15 but would NOT be happy :huh:over it. I just do not like what I see or hear coming out of his moutho_O from him.

Bosa just does nothing for what I would want to add to this team. IMO Bosa is a much over hyped over valued player. I would trade down for the slobbering teams drooling to select him.

Has Chris Long type of skills & talent but lacks any of Chris's heart & class.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I hope not we need offense and I don't mean a second round RB! But I think 15 is a more appropriate slot for Bosa. I don't see a Von Miller impact with him. I always thought Bosa played a little out of control. I wonder if this is just misinformation or is there a connection?
IDK if there are concerns about him Playing "out of control or not. But I sure Williams could fix that!!:D

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
This is why Thad Castle should never had been taken number one. Blue Mountain State has a terrible reputation as a party school, much like Ohio State.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Walterfootballs rumor section is like TMZ sports except they are using the cousin of the janitor who was sweeping outside of the interview room as a source. Just wild speculation and trash pieced together to form highly questionable "reports"

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bosa will slide from where the media has him going because he is a LDE. You should not take a non blindside DE in top 5, particularly in a draft as deep in DE as this one. Drug concerns will indeed matter, too, if there is any truth to them.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
FWIW, I generally don't buy into rumors like these (especially from WalterFootball) but a poster I respect on another board corroborated this one. I can't say it's surprising. A lot of college athletes party and do drugs. And Urban Meyer isn't known for running a tight ship with his star players. Frankly, I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop at Ohio State. A leopard doesn't change its spots.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
FWIW, I generally don't buy into rumors like these (especially from WalterFootball) but a poster I respect on another board corroborated this one. I can't say it's surprising. A lot of college athletes party and do drugs. And Urban Meyer isn't known for running a tight ship with his star players. Frankly, I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop at Ohio State. A leopard doesn't change its spots.

I read a lot of Big Ten boards and I have heard the party stuff at OSU too. It was more talked about when Spence was kicked off the team, but people were saying he wasn't the only one doing it, just the worst. Came dad was adamant he follow Larry Johnson to Ohio State, after being committed to PSU. He loved his strong Christian influence and paternal qualities. Makes me wonder if his dad was concerned about drugs before Cam ever got to college.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Walterfootballs rumor section is like TMZ sports except they are using the cousin of the janitor who was sweeping outside of the interview room as a source. Just wild speculation and trash pieced together to form highly questionable "reports"

I don't know how accurate Walter is but his stuff is like a lot of the others. Some ends up being right, some doesn't, and some is right but doesn't matter. It's up to the individual to decide what they believe. I believe this one based on things I read a few years ago.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's all moot, because we are moving up for Goff!:yess: