Teams are looking hard at Manziel and RGIII

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Chuckies brother is good with QBs, if he couldn't fix him, how can Fisher?

Gruden didn't want to fix him. He didn't like him from Day 1. And I don't blame him. RGIII wanted to do things his way and had his hand shoved up Snyder's arse.

If RGIII is humbled and willing to work, that will make a difference. But I'd feel a lot better if we got a guy like DeFilippo. Still, I don't see us and RGIII happening.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gruden didn't want to fix him. He didn't like him from Day 1. And I don't blame him. RGIII wanted to do things his way and had his hand shoved up Snyder's arse.

If RGIII is humbled and willing to work, that will make a difference. But I'd feel a lot better if we got a guy like DeFilippo. Still, I don't see us and RGIII happening.

It sure would be ironic if we did and he became a great QB.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I have strong suspicion that RGIII will be the RAM QB in LA, ohh the irony.

I know he's been a cancer in Washington, but I also don't think he's had the support from the coaching system / organisation either. We know the Rams CAN offer that. There's something about Johnny Football that I don't like and I'd rather let him mature a little before joining ANYONE's roster!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Now that Chip's in SF there's no way Kaep comes free. Think we can write him off now.

Question is whether Chip is so enamored with Kaep that he will pass on Goff or the other two top QBs. Gotta hope that is the case.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I'm so conflicted on our QB situation...

I'm trying to keep an open mind and remain positive, but it ain't easy. Lol.

Here are a few thoughts and questions:

Can Fisher bring himself to hire a bright and creative OC that has the ability to develop a QB? Whether that QB is a rookie, or damaged goods like Foles, a journeyman like Keenum, a Mannion, RG3, Kaep, or whomever? Such an OC could pay BIG dividends.

Assuming Fisher does hire such an OC with a bright mind, will Fisher actually allow the OC to freely install and execute his own O? Like Vermeil did with Martz? Not that I think a Martz type O is either wanted or needed, but you get my point, huh?

I see some posters suggesting that RG3 or Kaep might be a good solution for us. First, what evidence is there that our current coaching staff is capable of developing QB's? The evidence seems quite to the contrary, actually.

With regard to possibly adding RG3, I have this question. Jay Gruden developed Cousins quite nicely, yet couldn't do the same for RG3. What does that say about RG3?

Is our future franchise starting QB gonna come from this draft? Looking like a longshot right now. But don't we have to take our best shot at #15? Not for this year, but maybe for beyond that?

Can Keenum be our bridge QB? I think so. An excellent OC might do wonders for this overall O. And I fully expect the addition of a top drawer WR and TE this offseason via either draft or FA. Those could turbocharge our O and our options.

I think Fisher knows that he needs to start winning in LA in his final contract year. That could mean that he might be open to new methods to increase scoring on O. Could have a positive effect on our O strategies.

In summary, I think we can be a playoff team this year even with Keenum, if necessary. But it will require a slight change of philosophy on Fisher's part plus a new OC, WR, and TE. Anything beyond that is pure gravy.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
IMO Sam Bradford fits the Dallas offense very good. Having a quick release accurate thrower like Sam behind one of the best OL's in the NFL would work. They would need to get a good RB to go with Romo & Sam. Big issue with this is Sam's contract demands would be way too high for Dallas.
No.