Team Captains Announced!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Not sure if this has been posted.
Rams have named DE Chris Long, LB James Laurinaitis, QB Shaun Hill, and P Johnny Hekker as team captains for the 2014 season.

— Jim Thomas (@jthom1) September 5, 2014

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Hekker wow,figured it'd be a lineman,but it's not hard to see everyone likes the guy he's a cool dude

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Looks like a logical group. Well done.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
only team in the league with all white captains...

Care to say who would be better captains and who they'd replace?

I mean I wouldn't want anybody to assume that you have bad intentions based on your potentially inflammatory first post.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Hill, yes... but Bradford....

OMG im sad!

Love Hill, though. :(

Promise land bound! :D

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Classy move by Fisher giving props to Hekker for his record breaking season. If you don't reward his accomplishments for this past season then you probably aren't ever going to.

lockdnram21

Legend
no problem with List but i wonder why Quinn isnt a captain. Hes only the best player on the team

PhxRam

Care to say who would be better captains and who they'd replace?

I mean I wouldn't want anybody to assume that you have bad intentions based on your potentially inflammatory first post.

no need to ask. His first post was that steaming mess? Gone. Good Bye

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Long and Laurinaitis are obvious choices, been stalwarts of the team for a long, long time. Unless Jesus himself starts playing for the Rams I doubt you can have any better defensive captains.

Hekker's not as much of a surprise as a quaint, semi-shocked kind of oh. You can tell the players on the team love him, so it's not too much of a surprise, but it's still shocking to see how fast he got there. He's really left an impression and I hope he's our punter for a long time.

The biggest surprise is Hill, guy just got here and he's already named captain? He must have really impressed in his short time. Makes me even more excited for his play.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Because of Chris Long. Captains aren't based just off of skill.

Right. For those wondering, Quinn himself has said he's not a loud, teaching type. He prefers to take care of his business.

Long's the leader of that D-Line and will continue to fill that role.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm stoked that Hill was named a captain. What better way to show your faith in a guy than being named a team captain by your peers. The team believes in him and are giving him great encouragement.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
no problem with List but i wonder why Quinn isnt a captain. Hes only the best player on the team
Like the other's said, he's not a teacher, he's just a baller. Like always the best players aren't always the best to coachand teach. Long is a great teacher and leader and has kept this defense tight for years. He's always the first to defend his guys and keep them out of trouble.