TE Jared Cook, the X-Factor

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think it's being a homer, thinking Cook will have great year. His situation in Tennessee was this:
1. Bad QB
2. Not used correctly. He was in the Titan's doghouse, because he's not a good blocking TE
Fisher knows the kid, because he drafted him. In the few catches last year, he made really good yardage. He won't be a blocking TE, which seems to be Kendricks job. He is an athletic freak, and a match up nightmare in opposing defensive backfields. He runs great routes, and Sam is comfortable with him already, due to private practice sessions..GREAT Hands. I love Austin, and he will be a player that D Coordinators will have to account for....But I just can't help but believe that Cook won't be getting a lot of red zone TD's this year.

The more I talk about it, I just can't understand a valid reason to not be excited about Jared Cook, by those clinging to stats from a program that didn't use him correctly.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't think we went and got him if we didn't intend to use him a LOT. X factor? Jury is still out. There are so many on this team that potentially could fill that bill. But yeah - the guy was underutilized in Tenn and I think we will see him used extensively here.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think he will be. Bradford and Gresham were deadly together at OU. Now, by all accounts, Bradford and Cook have been working together a lot and developing a chemistry. That's a big, big target for Sam, and if Cook is even close to as fast as advertised, then he'll be twice the target Amendola was.

KErdjgO.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
My definition of an X factor is a player(s) who's production and value is an unknown,with the potential to be very significant...or just a non-factor.

My X factors are:
1) Brian Quick. If the light comes on and he suddenly gets it this season, it will effect the entire dynamic of the offense. There will be less pressure on the WV rooks to quickly produce.

2) Rodger Saffold at RT. If his transition is anything like we hope it will be our OLine will be tremendously better than last season. It is possible,however,that he makes the switch and is just average,or even struggles.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I got scared for a second, I thought he was going on that show "x-factor" when I read the title lol

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think Austin, Givens, and Quick are very good this year...

But Cook steals the show.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
CGI_Ram said:

And isn't it great to finally have that kind of "problem"
Hells yeah.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bwdenverram said:
CGI_Ram said:

And isn't it great to finally have that kind of "problem"
Hells yeah.

Yes, this year especially....I still think that Austin will strike terror in opposing D coordinators, hearts...I have not seen a Rams Offense shred an opposing defense, in years...It's coming soon! :cheese:

nighttrain

Legend
mojorizen7 said:
My definition of an X factor is a player(s) who's production and value is an unknown,with the potential to be very significant...or just a non-factor.

My X factors are:
1) Brian Quick. If the light comes on and he suddenly gets it this season, it will effect the entire dynamic of the offense. There will be less pressure on the WV rooks to quickly produce.

2) Rodger Saffold at RT. If his transition is anything like we hope it will be our OLine will be tremendously better than last season. It is possible,however,that he makes the switch and is just average,or even struggles.
I would agree, Cook is a vet and his talents are a known quantity. here's hoping for great year for both Quick and Saffold
train

FRO

Legend
nighttrain said:
FRO said:
Cook will be our leading receiver in 2013.
This would not surprise me or anybody else, X=unknown=Quick
train
Well if you look at Cooks stats he, in my mind, will still be considered an X factor. It sounds like he is Sam's favorite target. Look what being Sam's favorite target did for Amendola and for a few games Clayton. I see Cook posting elite TE receiving numbers.

nighttrain

Legend
FRO said:
nighttrain said:
FRO said:
Cook will be our leading receiver in 2013.
This would not surprise me or anybody else, X=unknown=Quick
train
Well if you look at Cooks stats he, in my mind, will still be considered an X factor. It sounds like he is Sam's favorite target. Look what being Sam's favorite target did for Amendola and for a few games Clayton. I see Cook posting elite TE receiving numbers.
Being Sam's fav target is not an X factor, not to me anyway. we just agree to disagree
train

Rockman

UDFA
The fact that he and Sam have been working together so early suggests that they may be getting pretty familiar with each other. He is too big and too fast not to think there is something big starting here. No more double covering Amendola and daring the rest of the team to beat you. We have weapons, and Cook may be the biggest one.

nighttrain

Legend
Rockman said:
The fact that he and Sam have been working together so early suggests that they may be getting pretty familiar with each other. He is too big and too fast not to think there is something big starting here. No more double covering Amendola and daring the rest of the team to beat you. We have weapons, and Cook may be the biggest one.
AT 6'5'' and 250 lbs, sure is not little in any issue, should be Sam's fav target.
train