Taylor Lewan Visiting Rams Tomorrow

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How do you do that when Lewan is blocking a DE who is screaming off the edge? Do you not root for him to keep the DE from flattening Sam?

You're plan sounds a little half-baked.

I pretend he's not on the team.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Snead has stated in earlier interviews that he challenged his scouts to come away with two HOF type players. As lofty as that may be, I do see them wanting to move down with #2 and then move up with #13...or staying at #2 and taking Clowney and then move up for Robinson, Matthews, or Lewan.
I hadn't hear this. That's an awesome challenge.

Alan

Legend
jrry32 with secret info about me:
I think you mean, "Hey, my live-in nurse read that to me!" ;)

That's sounds a hell of a lot more salacious than it is because my wife is the RN. :LOL:

So much for any fun involved.
upload_2014-4-1_20-54-40.jpeg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OMFG I WILL NOT SUPPORT THIS THUG! HE LISTENS TO TUPAC AND THROW GANG SIGNS AT FRAT PARTIES.....

Anyways,

For those of you still in denial watch this video and watch it good. Clowney is not a elite talent as you think, he is a hyped player and that's it. The 'third best'
Tackle in this draft man handled Clowney all game.

We aren't drafting Watkins or Clowney. Let's start being realistic please....

"Handled" Clowney? Clowney had multiple tackles for loss and at the LOS, a forced fumble, and beat Lewan for a sack but Lewan blatantly held him and was flagged for it.

On top of that, I counted another 5 plays where Clowney beat Lewan but because Lewan held him or Michigan QB's got rid of the ball quickly/scrambled or for another reason, Clowney didn't get the sack.

I didn't count running plays either in that tally, Clowney worked Lewan over in the run game. Lewan could not stay in front of him.

Not to mention the amount of help Lewan got. They gave him the LG or TE to double Clowney on a number of occasions in that game. And something else worth pointing out, Lewan has a real tendency to grab the defender's facemask.

"Handled" him? Nope. Not even close. And I'll be happy to post picture evidence if you doubt me on any of this. Just ask.

BTW, for those wondering, on the play where Clowney forced the fumble...he wasn't Lewan's man. They were down blocking. He was the TE's man but SC ran a slant stunt with Clowney on the play so instead of attacking the C gap as he usually does, he attacked the B gap which made it impossible for the TE to reach him on the play.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cool.

Were you able to pretend that Bradford played 16 games last year?

Nope. But Bradford isn't a cruddy person that threatens rape victims. Nor is Kellen Clemens. I will not root for Lewan. I'll be indifferent towards him.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope. But Bradford isn't a cruddy person that threatens rape victims. Nor is Kellen Clemens. I will not root for Lewan. I'll be indifferent towards him.

Will you at least root against the guy across from him?

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
"Handled" Clowney? Clowney had multiple tackles for loss and at the LOS, a forced fumble, and beat Lewan for a sack but Lewan blatantly held him and was flagged for it.

On top of that, I counted another 5 plays where Clowney beat Lewan but because Lewan held him or Michigan QB's got rid of the ball quickly/scrambled or for another reason, Clowney didn't get the sack.

I didn't count running plays either in that tally, Clowney worked Lewan over in the run game. Lewan could not stay in front of him.

Not to mention the amount of help Lewan got. They gave him the LG or TE to double Clowney on a number of occasions in that game. And something else worth pointing out, Lewan has a real tendency to grab the defender's facemask.

"Handled" him? Nope. Not even close. And I'll be happy to post picture evidence if you doubt me on any of this. Just ask.

BTW, for those wondering, on the play where Clowney forced the fumble...he wasn't Lewan's man. They were down blocking. He was the TE's man but SC ran a slant stunt with Clowney on the play so instead of attacking the C gap as he usually does, he attacked the B gap which made it impossible for the TE to reach him on the play.
Handled him as in he didn't impact the game as his so called billing of " game changer" or as a " unique talent". He barely did anything and never lives up to the hype that is associated with him. If he was that good he would of single handedly won the game for the GameCocks. Did he? No. Pass.

OVER RATED........ O----VVVVVV---EEEEE----RRRRRR RRRRRRR-----AAAAA-----TTTTT-----EEEEE-----DDDDD

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Handled him as in he didn't impact the game as his so called billing of " game changer" or as a " unique talent". He barely did anything and never lives up to the hype that is associated with him. If he was that good he would of single handedly won the game for the GameCocks. Did he? No. Pass.

OVER RATED........ O----VVVVVV---EEEEE----RRRRRR RRRRRRR-----AAAAA-----TTTTT-----EEEEE-----DDDDD

Well this is just an inaccurate account on many levels

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

There are a few bases that I'd like to cover:
1) In order for Clowney to live up to his expectations, he has to SINGLE-HANDEDLY win a football game? One DE has to win the game all by himself? If that's true, I guess that's a pretty amazing player.
2) Clowney did change and impact the game. Michigan was up 22-21 in the 4th quarter. Clowney forced AND recovered a fumble. South Carolina's offense scored on the next play to give them a 27-22 lead. And that's only highlighting one of the plays he made in that game.
3) He barely did anything? Again, not even close to true. I'd be happy to post picture evidence if you believe I'm wrong. Would you like me to do that?

I mean, I guess Clowney is overrated because he's not capable of winning games all by himself. But the fact that you have that expectation of him should tell you how good he is.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Well this is just an inaccurate account on many levels
so your telling me Clowney dominated that game and nothing happened without him having a say about it? Did you even watch the game or just highlights? He was a non factor

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
so your telling me Clowney dominated that game and nothing happened without him having a say about it? Did you even watch the game or just highlights? He was a non factor

You're putting unfair expectations on him. Kindly name a player, any position/era that single handedly won a football game and ill admit Clowney is overrated

Also you should refer to Jrry's post above yours...pretty clearly illustrates Clowney's impact

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're putting unfair expectations on him. Kindly name a player, any position/era that single handedly won a football game and ill admit Clowney is overrated

Also you should refer to Jrry's post above yours...pretty clearly illustrates Clowney's impact

I'm still confused how a guy that was a "non-factor" had arguably the most celebrated play of the college football season in the very game that he was a "non-factor". A play which allowed his team to take the lead after trailing in the 4th.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm still confused how a guy that was a "non-factor" had arguably the most celebrated play of the college football season in the very game that he was a "non-factor". A play which allowed his team to take the lead after trailing in the 4th.

Well, seems his play was pretty impactful to me

Jadeveon+Clowney+Yasiel+Puig+Inside+2013+ESPY+yXOXUZFcXTYl.jpg

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Clowney is an impact player! I prefer Robinson or Matthews instead! No Lewan, thank you! Aholes need not apply!