Taylor Lewan Visiting Rams Tomorrow

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
We do?
upload_2014-4-1_18-46-58.jpeg

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Excellent! Is that you in the video?

Yes, that's my amateur "highlight reel" from a Sunday not to long ago. I LOVE the game of football so have kept playing all these years in some way or another. My son ran the video camera for that footage. So. Am I a first round pick? ;) 46 isn't over the hill in the NFL is it?

Last edited:

PhxRam

Yes, that's my amateur "highlight reel" form a Sunday not to long ago. I LOVE the game of football so have kept playing all these years in some way or another. My son ran the video camera for that footage. So. Am I a first round pick? ;) 46 isn't over the hill in the NFL is it?

Compared to some of the guys on this board you wouldnt be age eligible for the draft yet.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm ok with Lewan I guess. You kinda gotta have a little nasty with hogs in the trenches.

Welcome Brian!

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Oh no she didn't!

Welcome BriansRams. When you have time introduce yourself in this thread if you want. Thanks!

So I just watched the video you posted. Am I correct in saying that Lewan handled Clowney pretty darn well throughout the game? That first "helmet off" in the backfield hit by Clowney seemed to be a mental mistake by Lewan. He never even tried to block him. There were a lot of plays in that game where Lewan just stood Clowney up and made him stay put.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
So I just watched the video you posted. Am I correct in saying that Lewan handled Clowney pretty darn well throughout the game? That first "helmet off" in the backfield hit by Clowney seemed to be a mental mistake by Lewan. He never even tried to block him. There were a lot of plays in that game where Lewan just stood Clowney up and made him stay put.

Lewan did well but all it takes for a DT or DE to be deemed successful in a game by fans is to sack the QB once or twice a game. Then the man blocking him looks like he failed no matter how well he did the other 98% of the game.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think we all need to take a chill pill. Could it be the Rams are just doing their homework and nothing else? What if they think he's an option at 16? What if they're popping some smoke to keep people guessing? They sure got you guys, for sure. Dang fellas...

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Hi all. New to this board. Rams fan since 1974 when i was 7. If I had to decide today what to do in the draft I'd say trade down to position 3,4 or 5 (for a first round next year, or a 2nd and 3rd next year) and then take the best available OT with our first pick, and take Evans with #13. Then the next pick in the second round, the best Safety or DB available.

What do you all think?
Brian

ps- how many TD catches for Brian Quick since he became a Ram?
I'd say that you and I are a similar age, and I'd also say that I like your thoughts.

Welcome to ROD!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Lewan is such a crazy boring pick, which makes it a good one.

See Brockers...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Its possible that OLT Taylor Lewan could drop down some due to the pending several charges. OLT/OLG Zack Martin could go ahead of Lewan and had a much better season in 2013 than Lewan. Lewan played better in 2012. So he could be the Rams swing OT and work the OLT post until Jake Long is fully recovered. When ORT Barksdale bolts in 2015 having Lewan rookie season behind him would be a good fit.

I have real NO issues with Lewan being selected with the #13 pick if Snead goes with Jadeveon Clowney with the 1.2 pick. Jake Long and Taylor Lewan are very close in style and size. Boudreau would have to work with Lewan on his technique and instincts.

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Snead has stated in earlier interviews that he challenged his scouts to come away with two HOF type players. As lofty as that may be, I do see them wanting to move down with #2 and then move up with #13...or staying at #2 and taking Clowney and then move up for Robinson, Matthews, or Lewan.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Fuck no. Fuck no! FUCK NO!!!

I will not cheer for that piece of shit ever.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Oh no she didn't!

Welcome BriansRams. When you have time introduce yourself in this thread if you want. Thanks!

OMFG I WILL NOT SUPPORT THIS THUG! HE LISTENS TO TUPAC AND THROW GANG SIGNS AT FRAT PARTIES.....

Anyways,

For those of you still in denial watch this video and watch it good. Clowney is not a elite talent as you think, he is a hyped player and that's it. The 'third best'
Tackle in this draft man handled Clowney all game.

We aren't drafting Watkins or Clowney. Let's start being realistic please....