Taylor Lewan and Sammy Watkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OhioRam

Rookie
these are the two players I hope the rams draft and there first 2 picks.
For some reason Watkins is gone go with Mike Evans, WR,

I like to see the reams sign S Major Wright.

Watkins is the best Wr to come in the draft since A.J.Green and Jones.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Watkins reminds me of a poor man's Dez Bryant. The drug-related suspension (marijuana and pills, including Adderall) and sophomore slump knocks him down a bit in my eyes, but he's stayed clean for his junior year, so teams like us may be willing to take the risk associated with him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I know it will sound strange coming from me but I not all that high on OLT Taylor Lewan. I seem to really prefer a OT that can be the Swing OT not just a Left OT. If Snead trades back some with that second first round pick he could land either Cyrus Kouandijo or Antonio Richardson that could be more of a Swing OT.

I have no issues with Watkins being selected @ WR. But it sure does not say much about all the draft picks we have used on WR that have not panned out. One !st round, one 2nd round two 3rd rounders & a 4th rounder!!! plus add in a WR call TE Jared Cook!
That's alot of recent FIVE Ram team high values priceless draft choices that have not panned out. Something is stinky here on this situation not so sure adding another high draft pick can fix.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
As good as Watkins is, I am not high on them taking a first round WR again. I don't like Lewan that much either. Lewan doesn't bend at the knees well and he can be a bit of a lunger when blocking. The guy is strong as a mule and a very good drive blocker but he doesn't have the feet or technique to handle elite speed rushers on the outside IMO.

I would be happy with Jake Matthews but I don't see Fisher/Snead forcing the pick to land an OT with Long recently signed and Barksdale playing well unless....... they plan on cutting Long after next season or they simply view Barksdale as a Swingman and don't resign Saffold. If that is the case they will need a swingman eventually because Barksdale will be signed to play ORT by some team once he is a Free agent (I don't know when that is). So for the short term OT is not much of a need but could Matthews be too good to pass up and worth juggling the lineup.

The Rams could go a number of directions in the first round this year. OT is one but I don't think WR is. Safety, Corner are most likely, I think. But they are in good position to go in any direction in the upcoming draft because they don't have any Glaring need at the moment. They are not loaded with stars but have had good enough production from all areas of the field to keep any one position from standing out as a dominant need.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Are we done with Quick, Givens, Tavon, Bailey and Pettis already?

I really hope we do not draft a WR with our top picks.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
There will be guys moving up the board as always, but as of now there are no FS or CB that are expected to go in the top 10. There is no Earl Thomas or Patrick Peterson that's for sure.

2 or 3 QBs are expected to go in the top 10. Then there are Clowney and Barr, the super blue chip pass rushing prospects. Of course there's Matthews, who most likely will be gone before the Rams pick even if they were interested in an OT that high.

So where do the Rams go if they are picking 9th? Maybe a DT like Nix would be value there, and Fisher likes to draft DTs high. But if Watkins is in the Rams wheelhouse, I hope they take him. You don't pass on a great WR1 in todays NFL, they are worth their weight in gold. Especially since we really don't have a true WR1.

V3

Hall of Fame
I know it will sound strange coming from me but I not all that high on OLT Taylor Lewan. I seem to really prefer a OT that can be the Swing OT not just a Left OT. If Snead trades back some with that second first round pick he could land either Cyrus Kouandijo or Antonio Richardson that could be more of a Swing OT.

I have no issues with Watkins being selected @ WR. But it sure does not say much about all the draft picks we have used on WR that have not panned out. One !st round, one 2nd round two 3rd rounders & a 4th rounder!!! plus add in a WR call TE Jared Cook!
That's alot of recent FIVE Ram team high values priceless draft choices that have not panned out. Something is stinky here on this situation not so sure adding another high draft pick can fix.

For one, the Rams should try a different WR coach. I haven't seen much development from any of our WR's. Secondly, none of the guys the Rams have drafted will be a #1. Torry Holt even said as much and he's worked with all of them. He was on the radio I think last week and he said he doesn't think the Rams have a true #1 on the team. I know many here still think Quick can be that(a true #1) but I just don't see it. I know my opinion really means nothing but what about Holt's opinion?

V3

Hall of Fame
Are we done with Quick, Givens, Tavon, Bailey and Pettis already?

I really hope we do not draft a WR with our top picks.

Pettis is a niche player. Easily replaceable. IMO, Quick is going to be a niche players as well. He won't be a #1. He can have value as a red zone guy or third down receiver but he's not going to be a guy that routinely gets over a 1000 yards, can beat or even draw double teams, or cause opposing teams to develop game plans to neutralize him.

As for the others, Givens has shown to be a decent deep threat, Tavon isn't going anywhere, and we have no idea what we have in Bailey.

This team doesn't have a #1 on the roster. If there's one available when the Rams draft, they'd better take him.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Pettis is a niche player. Easily replaceable. IMO, Quick is going to be a niche players as well. He won't be a #1. He can have value as a red zone guy or third down receiver but he's not going to be a guy that routinely gets over a 1000 yards, can beat or even draw double teams, or cause opposing teams to develop game plans to neutralize him.

As for the others, Givens has shown to be a decent deep threat, Tavon isn't going anywhere, and we have no idea what we have in Bailey.

This team doesn't have a #1 on the roster. If there's one available when the Rams draft, they'd better take him.

We have 2 rookies, 2 2nd year guys and a 3rd year Pettis. We don't know what we have yet, They are still way to young and inexperienced. I'd much rather see our OL, S, DT and CB addressed early.

I don't know if we have a #1 on the team yet, its to early to tell. I'm not one of those guys that thinks his WR's cant become amazing because they didn't get 1,000+ yards as a rookie is all I'm saying.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Meh... receiver isnt really a problem. Personally, I still want Clowney. Not looking like we're gonna be picking that high.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Until the Rams play Quick we don't know what we got.

As long as he's not playing; it's starting to be an indicator that he might not be good enough.

I'm a little pissy right now; when are we going to get this guy some real action?

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Just cause we have bodies at a position (Pettis, Quick, Bailey) does not mean we should pass up an absolute game changer (Watkins, Evans)

Watkins or Evans can come in and immediately be starting over any of our receivers. Imagine if the Rams passed on Holt because they had Bruce and Hakim....

V3

Hall of Fame
We have 2 rookies, 2 2nd year guys and a 3rd year Pettis. We don't know what we have yet, They are still way to young and inexperienced. I'd much rather see our OL, S, DT and CB addressed early.

I don't know if we have a #1 on the team yet, its to early to tell. I'm not one of those guys that thinks his WR's cant become amazing because they didn't get 1,000+ yards as a rookie is all I'm saying.

If Holt says they aren't #1's, I believe him. He's been training with them. He's not the only ex-pro or coach to say the same thing. I'm not saying they'll be bad but they aren't true #1's like an AJ Green, Megatron, Bryant, Thomas, Jones, etc. If there's a WR like that available, you take them.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
There will be guys moving up the board as always, but as of now there are no FS or CB that are expected to go in the top 10. There is no Earl Thomas or Patrick Peterson that's for sure.

2 or 3 QBs are expected to go in the top 10. Then there are Clowney and Barr, the super blue chip pass rushing prospects. Of course there's Matthews, who most likely will be gone before the Rams pick even if they were interested in an OT that high.

So where do the Rams go if they are picking 9th? Maybe a DT like Nix would be value there, and Fisher likes to draft DTs high. But if Watkins is in the Rams wheelhouse, I hope they take him. You don't pass on a great WR1 in todays NFL, they are worth their weight in gold. Especially since we really don't have a true WR1.

Here's two mocks that I really could go with...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

Rang has us taking Cyrus Kouandjio, OT & Louis Nix, DT And the other guy has us taking OT Jake Matthews & NT Louis Nix.

That Ram DL with all that talent would never have any excuses left.

Last edited by a moderator:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tavon can be a #1. I don't see WR as a major need but I am not opposed to drafting one either. I'm not opposed to drafting any position except K and P.