Tavon plans for Rams to be #1 offense in league

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...or-2016-to-be-the-no-1-offense-in-the-league/

Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Tavon Austin has a pretty simple plan when it comes to his team’s offense in 2016. He wants them to go from worst to first.

When asked about the plan for next season, Austin told ESPN’s Alden Gonzalez the following:

“To be the No. 1 offense in the league,” Austin said Saturday. “Last year, we was 32. So we have to be way better than that. I feel like we put our defense in so many tough situations last year. For us, if we just keep moving forward and move that 32 up to No. 1, we should be good.”

For those curious, though, Austin doesn’t expect to see the Rams go from feeding running back Todd Gurley to being a pass-first offense.

“Oh no, definitely not. Definitely not. Todd’s definitely going to get his carries. And that’s just how it goes. But it’ll kind of balance out a little bit. Everybody will touch the ball here and there.”

The offense looked solid during the first half of Saturday’s game against the Kansas City Chiefs specifically, but the passing numbers weren’t great. Between Case Keenum and Jared Goff, the Rams threw for just 125 yards.

To go along with that, this was the only team in the NFL to average fewer than 300 yards per game of total offense last season, while also ranking last in the league in passing yards per game with 175.3. A turnaround of any massive nature would involve Keenum and/or Goff airing it out early and often this season.

It’s easy to forget that early on in training camp head coach Jeff Fisher was pretty adamant about the fact that believes Austin can top the 100-catch mark this coming season. It’ll be pretty interesting to see how he’s utilized in the offense this year, especially with Gurley still expected to see all the work that he can handle.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I can wait for the Real Season to get Started!!:yay::D:football::mrburnsevil:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I'll take middle of the road. With our defense and special teams, that should give us a playoff caliber team.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Im with @HE WITH HORNS , get us to the middle of the pack on offense and we are not just playoff bound, but will win a playoff game as well.

jap

Legend
Tavon Awesome, aka Captain YAC, speaketh! All who have ears, let them hear!

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Cowboys will have a top 5 offense. Send me those likes.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Pray romo stays healthy. Then I will agree with you. They will be playing catch up in a lot of games. 30+ per game I reckon.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd settle for an offense in the top half that's balanced but keep dreaming big Tavon.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Great answer. Always strive to be the best. If you're not trying to be the best then what are you working for?

rdw

Pro Bowler
NOHWeiG.gif

Ellard80

Legend
Of course. What do you want them to say? We want to be middle of the road?

I don't truly care honestly...but... maybe something like.

We are going to improve on 3rd down, getting more big plays, being more consistent... ect ect