Tavon out 2 weeks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'm not trying to cry foul, I guess I'm more just curious, but how was that hit not a penalty? I thought for sure the defender lead with his helmet on a defenseless receiver. Anyone able to clarify that?

A55VA6

Legend
I'm not trying to cry foul, I guess I'm more just curious, but how was that hit not a penalty? I thought for sure the defender lead with his helmet on a defenseless receiver. Anyone able to clarify that?
It was helmet to helmet, which should have been a 15 yard penalty... but you know, it's the Rams so I guess that doesn't matter.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
We're fine at wr...I was worried about Harkey's injury and he played in a few downs...Pettis will do fine. Steadmon will be a relief....WR's are balling.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
That bye week cannot be on a more perfect week. We freakin need it already.
Hopefully they can stay healthy after the bye week. If they go into the bye 2-1, I'll be happy. Will Trumaine Johnson be good to go after the bye?

I think the Bengals benefit the most from the week 4 bye. They play the Titans than get Green and Jones back.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Don't like losing him, but I'm thankful it's only two weeks. Could be a lot worse, as we well know.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Are they officially going to re-instate players this week? If not we may not have either until our Week 6 matchup.

I don't know why, but I'm excessively giddy about Stedman Bailey's prospects this season. Once he gets on the field that is.
I may be in the minority, but I hope they don't overturn a damn thing. If Bailey comes back "early" to me the league is just saying it's ok to try to gain an unfair competitive advantage. That situation was entirely within his control, he should have to sit. How many guys are out of the league now because they didn't cheat and some others did?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I may be in the minority, but I hope they don't overturn a damn thing. If Bailey comes back "early" to me the league is just saying it's ok to try to gain an unfair competitive advantage. That situation was entirely within his control, he should have to sit. How many guys are out of the league now because they didn't cheat and some others did?

I heard he was just late for his drug test.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, Harkey played like a Man among Men. That dood. That...DOOD.

He's becoming one of my favorite Rams. Seriously. When he caught that little pass in the flat and Dashon Goldson flipped him by taking out his knees and Harkey landed on his head... but didn't drop the ball. Damn... Which is funny. These big safeties talk a lot of crap and then keep going low rather than driving their shoulders through a guy's hips and riding him down, closing the arms around the legs, ya know... textbook fundamental tackling.

It looked WICKED bad. Happened right in front of us on our side of the field between the 30 and the 40 and we were only in the 16th row on the 30, so we were...right there... I swear when I saw it, I thought he was done for the season. I even had Bucs fans telling me "dood, that's not right, you guys can't catch a break"

So, if it's two games (or hopefully 2 weeks, which will mean only 1 game), then based on how ugly that looked and COULD have been? I'll take it. Cuz it looked BAD.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Tavon took a nasty, awkward hit...but i'm starting to wonder about his durability simply due to his stature.

Get back soon. We need you Tavon. 2 weeks isn't too bad with Steadman returning. Bailey is a better WR anyway IMO.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Glad it was 't worse. Not the best news he will miss a few weeks but it is great news it wont be longer.

My real issue is with the play call. Austin is best used in space and/or when he is running. That play was the complete opposite of that. There is no reason to have him run a route that has him come to a compete stop to catch the ball. Yes the play worked, but it would have worked with others and totally plays against Austins strengths.

Thats just my opinion though. Havent rewatched the game or that play again and going just off memory(which isnt the best).

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Tavon took a nasty, awkward hit...but i'm starting to wonder about his durability simply due to his stature.

Get back soon. We need you Tavon. 2 weeks isn't too bad with Steadman returning. Bailey is a better WR anyway IMO.

Neither injury suffered by Tavon has much to do with durability. This last one was a freak injury, Tavon's leg is not supposed to bend like that, and tons of players have suffered MCL sprains this year alone, it's just unlucky. And the ankle injury was another freak injury where a 250+ LB linebacker landed on his leg awkwardly while it was bending. A similar injury happened to Chris Long this season, and he's not considered fragile.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Neither injury suffered by Tavon has much to do with durability. This last one was a freak injury, Tavon's leg is not supposed to bend like that, and tons of players have suffered MCL sprains this year alone, it's just unlucky. And the ankle injury was another freak injury where a 250+ LB linebacker landed on his leg awkwardly while it was bending. A similar injury happened to Chris Long this season, and he's not considered fragile.
Time will tell. I'm not sold either way yet. Tavon was as durable as they get in college. He'll have missed 5 gm's since drafted already when he returns. He was small at WVU but he's tiny in the NFL.

Too soon to determine either way. Hoping for the best obviously, but like i said, Bailey can do some of the things Tavon can...like running reverses and getting moved around. Looking forward to Bailey's ST' contributions too.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm glad someone brought up Harkey. He is everything you want in a football player. Just watching him walk back to the huddle is a pleasure / he carries that football attitude right on his shoulders.

Draft picks gets complained about a lot - but at some point, you have to give the Rams some credit for the UDFAs who come in here and ball.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm glad someone brought up Harkey. He is everything you want in a football player. Just watching him walk back to the huddle is a pleasure / he carries that football attitude right on his shoulders.

Draft picks gets complained about a lot - but at some point, you have to give the Rams some credit for the UDFAs who come in here and ball.
I'm not sure too many guys would have gotten hit like he did and return to the game and start hitting again. Love me some Harkey too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This sucks. But it could have definitely been worse.