Tavon - East West.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Not a fan of the dancing , Today he was very decisive and quick to the point putting pressure on the coverage. It has never been an east west problem for me but more of a commitment thing and the last couple weeks he has been much more decisive. good thread and nice to see TA getting some big returns

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I hope we don't hear any more complaining about tavon running East West on punt returns. All his long returns today started with him running sideways before heading upfield. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but he knows what he's doing out there.

I disagree. He is learning what to do out there. His early punt returns that everyone deservedly complained about where different. They were all side to side with too much hesitation and windmilling his legs, which served no purpose and just wasted time. Notice that he doesn't start out with that stupid high stepping move anymore. I think he is figuring it out now but he deserved everything he got from the complaints department. I still would prefer to see him use his speed up the middle sometimes. Can't use the same move all the time, especially against good Special teams.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
It also helps when our defense is forces a team to punt from inside their own 30 like today. The punts tend to be longer and more returnable.

Absolutely agree...Notice that today, he had time to field the punts and have a quick look...He hasn't had that much space between him and the gunners all season that I can remember

TexasRam

Legend
The 4+ east west jukes within a small space has to go. But a quick juke then get east or west to get the corner is where the money is.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I know a bunch of Rams fans were angry that Snead traded up for Austin in the 1st round, but I gotta say that it's SO nice to have a punt returner who can take it to the house at any time. There aren't very many guys like that in the NFL these days, so we should probably enjoy this while it lasts. Also, it seems that Schotty is finally finding productive ways to get him the ball on offense, which only increases his value to this team.

Can't agree more, this fact alone is making more space for our other offensive weapons... all eyes on #11

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
He's averaging 11 yards per return on 30 returns this year. I don't think that includes returns called back by penalties either. Not sure what is considered a great return average for a guy, but all I know is if you're standing back inside the 20, and now you're 11 yards further up the field, that's a win for the offense.

Keep doin' what you're doin' Tavon.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I overheard some toolshed who was pissing about Austin's high step out of bounds. It's a move he used multiple times in WVU to get a defender to ease up before Tavon burned him by cutting back inside.

Point is, there's always going to be some fans who are never going to think Tavon was worth a first rounder, because he's never going to be the stereotypical WR1.

But, that's not what he was drafted to be.

Do we need more production on offense? Yeah, sure, but let's not start calling yet another player a bust too soon.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I think he's doing great... a bit of dancing, but against good ST's, he won't have much room to wiggle anyway. I just wish all those return TD's he scored would've counted... I'd love to know how many have been called back. On his return today, I counted 3 potential blocks in the back. (n)