Tavon back to wearing #1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
According to Jim Fadler on twitter Tavon is wearing #1 today. He was asked about it and said it's his new number.

Hope you guys didn't buy #11 yet.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I thought he couldn't have it! That's awesome if true. That's truly his number.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is he our new punter?

NFL rules on uniform numbers:

Lol, caught me. Yea, I dunno. Would be cool to see him back as #1 though.

jjab360

Legend
Unless they changed the rules, it's just his preseason number and he's pulling Fadler's leg.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Unless they changed the rules, it's just his preseason number and he's pulling Fadler's leg.
I saw the Packers trot out some receiver with the #6 and I was thrown for a loop. I don't understand why it's ok during the preseason, but not the regular season.

jjab360

Legend
I saw the Packers trot out some receiver with the #6 and I was thrown for a loop. I don't understand why it's ok during the preseason, but not the regular season.
Probably because there's too many players on the preseason roster to limit the amount of numbers per position.

lockdnram21

Legend
Probably just practice jersey. DeSean Jackson was wearing#1 in practice but switched back to 11 in game.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

Probably because theres 90 players on the roster its a little harder to stay within those limits during preseason

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Only one exception, it seems.....

"Any request to wear a numeral for a special position not specified above (e.g., H-back) must be made to the Commissioner."

A55VA6

Legend
I'm sure Tavon is just wearing #1 in practice for fun since it was his college number. WR's can't wear 1-9 in regular season.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm sure Tavon is just wearing #1 in practice for fun since it was his college number. WR's can't wear 1-9 in regular season.

God, man....Always bringing me down......:unsure:

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
He could get permission from the NFL to do it, not like it doesn't happen. Hester wores 23 and he's no defensive back or halfback, well... Anymore.