Tavon Austin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fair enough NJ, but again I defer to the very idea that a 5'7" receiver could ever be an impact player. For every DeSean, there are 10,00 McClusters.

There was never any reason to believe that Tavon Austin was the best offensive player in the draft. There was even less of a reason to give up a high second round pick to move up and grab him.

It ain't about right and wrong. It was my error even bringing that up.

I like how Austin continues to shrink with those that don't like him. Tavon Austin is as close to 5'10" as he is to 5'7".

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I like how Austin continues to shrink with those that don't like him. Tavon Austin is as close to 5'10" as he is to 5'7".

Yeah, I imagine that he'll have to live in a dollhouse soon enough. ;)

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fair enough NJ, but again I defer to the very idea that a 5'7" receiver could ever be an impact player. For every DeSean, there are 10,00 McClusters.

There was never any reason to believe that Tavon Austin was the best offensive player in the draft. There was even less of a reason to give up a high second round pick to move up and grab him.

It ain't about right and wrong. It was my error even bringing that up.
On a side note - @RamzFanz can you hook this guy up with a better avatar...sheesh

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
BOTTOM LINE
Don’t blink when Austin has the ball in his hands, as his elite acceleration helped him finish second in the country in all-purpose yards as a senior and lead the FBS as a junior. Don’t be surprised if he turns out to be a first round pick or the first wide receiver off the board, as he is a huge playmaker on offense and special teams in the NFL despite the slight build that scared scouts away from other WVU offensive stars in the past.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Not only was he a first round pick, he was the first skill position offensive player taken in the draft!

The cost was a much needed second round pick to move up for at best, at the very best, a slot receiver.

We all root for the same same team, and we want "our" guys to do well, but this was the ultimate head scratcher to me. I would love to eat crow on this one, but my guess is that back handed insults from the sycophants in the homer crowd and 3 catch days are going to be the normal from here on out.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Not only was he a first round pick, he was the first skill position offensive player taken in the draft!

The cost was a much needed second round pick to move up for at best, at the very best, a slot receiver.

We all root for the same same team, and we want "our" guys to do well, but this was the ultimate head scratcher to me. I would love to eat crow on this one, but my guess is that back handed insults from the sycophants in the homer crowd and 3 catch days are going to be the normal from here on out.
How about an open-handed one then?

Cut the shit with the "homer crowd" and "sycophants" comments.
You made your point already. A few times.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't care where he was drafted, it just boggles my mind why he consistently runs sideways instead of trying to gain yards. I've seen sproles do this 3 weeks in a row, side step then hit it up a crease or at least try too... and he is 5"6' like TA... so what is all this talk of him being 5"5' anyway? That has nothing to do with getting upfield... sheesh... and the guy keeps shrinking

Memento

Name
Jemma
I don't care where he was drafted, it just boggles my mind why he consistently runs sideways instead of trying to gain yards. I've seen sproles do this 3 weeks in a row, side step then hit it up a crease or at least try too... and he his 5"6' like TA... so what is all this talk of him being 5"5' anyway? That has nothing to do with getting upfield... sheesh... and the guy keeps shrinking

Tavon's 5'8"...and aside from that, Sproles was a running back at KSU and has always been a running back. And he's running sideways to try to find an opening for the home run play. He's done that with success in the past.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Have you read the comments posted after my initial one X?

Your damn right I made my point.

Have I ever cursed at you, or anyone else for that matter in any post? I will thank you to show me the same respect that I show to you. If you don't like what I have to say, that's cool, ban me. If you are asking me to fall in line, that is something I can't do. I love the Rams. If loving the Rams is wrong, I don't want to be right. I AM A HOMER! I just don't let that get in the way of reason and/or common sense.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Have you read the comments posted after my initial one X?

Your damn right I made my point.

Have I ever cursed at you, or anyone else for that matter in any post? I will thank you to show me the same respect that I show to you. If you don't like what I have to say, that's cool, ban me. If you are asking me to fall in line, that is something I can't do. I love the Rams. If loving the Rams is wrong, I don't want to be right. I AM A HOMER! I just don't let that get in the way of reason and/or common sense.
Yeah, I read the one where you expressed your concern about the sycophant homers on this board who dare to disagree with your infallible assertion about Tavon Austin's career to this point. Nobody insulted you. Just your opinion.

fastcat

Pro Bowler

Yeah, I imagine that he'll have to live in a dollhouse soon enough. ;)

Tavon's 5'8"...and aside from that, Sproles was a running back at KSU and has always been a running back. And he's running sideways to try to find an opening for the home run play. He's done that with success in the past.

I know he is 5' 8".... I was just joking and I meant how sproles hits creases on punt and kick returns

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I know he is 5' 8".... I was just joking and I meant how sproles hits creases on punt and kick returns
And Sproles is only 4'11 too. Nobody can even see him half the time.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Lol yea I know that's how he got that 20+yd run on that 3rd down in the 4th qtr... the linemen are 7 ft tall and they just overlooked the munskin

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Agreed. I was angry that we didn't have him out there on that last drive running those crosses.

I kept seeing Austin fly open on those short crossing routes and I kept thinking here goes the throw. But Davis is always looking down field. Do you think Bradford would have been hitting Tavon on those routes? They did take a toll on the defense. I also noticed how Bailey and Austin didn't involved until late in the game. At that point it was BIG receiver set or smaller receiver set. Why we don't know how to mix and match up. . . . I will never know.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Oh, okay. Yeah, Sproles does hit his creases well and he excels at a multitude of things; that's how he survived to 30 as a speed back/returner. Great vision. If Austin has a career like Sproles did (except as a receiver rather than a running back), I think that a lot of us will be happy to have him.

RamzFanz

Damnit
It's his second season. Let's be reasonable and actually see what he does before we declare who he is.