Tavon Austin works out with Randy Moss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If you don't think there is anything for Tavon to learn from a HOF WR- well ok then. Hard to imagine. Carter worked with Moss- not the same skill set at all, yet he learned a ton from Carter. What if Tavon has been told he is going to be running more go routes? who better to learn from? Moss, despite what many think, was a very smart player. You don't get to the numbers he got to without knowing what you are doing. Again, my guess is Tavon is going to be sent deep more often this year, maybe much like how DJack was used in Philly with Foles. Just guessing though. I for one am happy he is trying to better himself.

How do you know what Carter was talking to Moss about? Isn't it a coincidence that Carter was kicked off the Eagles for not taking football seriously? For doing drugs? Then Randy Moss is caught with a Wizinator to fake a piss test, and is caught with pot, and argued with the cops at an airport? Don't you think that it was possible that Cris Carter was mentoring Moss on how to be a professional and take the game more seriously?

You really are making way too much about this. I made a comment that many agree with and a few of you don't and you are trying to turn it into something it isn't. I left Ramstalk to get away from inane posts like this. I am just going to stop now, this is starting to feel all too familiar.

WvuIN02

Starter
A whole bunch of self-important armchair QB nonsense....

Whatever reason you chose not to be an NFL Hall of Fame coach and instead daylight as one on internet forums is something I will forever regret. I cant roll my eyes hard enough.

Many many coaches have said it before that unless you know, you dont know. I'll just leave it at that....but some here just need to have this holier than thou complex.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Has nothing to do with being "intelligent".

Do you know exactly what he (or any receiver) is supposed to do on every play? If you don't know the exact play call, you don't. You don't know if its a combination route, or if he is supposed to be running the route he is supposed to be running when he sees a certain coverage, etc....an audible....etc....the variables here are practically endless. You are only guessing, and THAT is what makes people look stupid. Period. I've heard coaches point this out many times to idiots in the media dogging a players "route running" and it holds true for internet forum posters too.

Unless you (I'm speaking to the broader "you" of anyone posting on the internet) know what is called in the huddle, you look like an idiot talking about it because you in fact cannot prove anything you are talking about. Just making %$&# up. If so, prove it....but..... we already both know you can't. Unless you have access to the Rams playbook and audio of the calls in the huddle that we don't know about.
Actually, I can prove it. Did you watch the Seahawks game @ St.Louis? 3rd down with 2 yards to go. Tavon runs a short curl route and it was knocked away by Sherman. However, Tavon should have came back further instead of just turning around and stopping. Help your QB out and come back to the ball. Now, was that so hard to figure out just by watching? The announcers even mentioned it. That's simple route running that he should work on.

There's been plenty of times where he either turned at the wrong point or didn't settle in the zone where he was supposed to. I really don't know why people think football is rocket science. If you just look at a play carefully you can easily tell what was supposed to happen. I don't need a playbook to figure it out.

tbux

Rookie
How do you know what Carter was talking to Moss about? Isn't it a coincidence that Carter was kicked off the Eagles for not taking football seriously? For doing drugs? Then Randy Moss is caught with a Wizinator to fake a pee pee test, and is caught with pot, and argued with the cops at an airport? Don't you think that it was possible that Cris Carter was mentoring Moss on how to be a professional and take the game more seriously?

You really are making way too much about this. I made a comment that many agree with and a few of you don't and you are trying to turn it into something it isn't. I left Ramstalk to get away from inane posts like this. I am just going to stop now, this is starting to feel all too familiar.

Not sure what you are so upset about, other than me disagreeing with you? I have listened to both Carter and Moss talk about what Carter did for Moss- including how to be a better player, man, and teammate. He was a very positive figure in his early career. Carter went through some of the same things, and overcame it, and tried to help Moss reach his full potential. They worked out in the offseason together, and Carter was a workaholic in that regard, so Randy learned the value of working out in the offseason. easy to see he learned from Carter.

I am not trying to turn this into anything but a conversation about Tavon. Not sure what you mean. I don't think he is nearly as bad a route runner as you claim. Not easy to jam a guy that quick and fast- and I didn't see him held up much at all. I think the issue was more about our Oline not protecting well, and having backup QBs more than anything else. No receiver on our team did much. I would also argue how Shotty used him (or didn't use him) in the game plan as well. Fisher said very clearly at years end Tavon would absolutely be more a part of this offense next year. Soon after Shotty left. Surely Cig will get him more involved and more touches.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
but some here just need to have this holier than thou complex.

Let's move on now please.

Of all the Rams forums on the web - this one supports Tavon Austin 100%.

Please refrain from grouping membership into your debate.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
great-dane-chihuahua.jpg

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Moss and Austin are different WR's but that doesn't mean that Moss is trying to turn Tavon into a mini-me - he may be damn good at seeing where Tavon could improve his game etc - nice to see our guys looking outside the Rams pool for help and advice

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
How do you know what Carter was talking to Moss about? Isn't it a coincidence that Carter was kicked off the Eagles for not taking football seriously? For doing drugs? Then Randy Moss is caught with a Wizinator to fake a pee pee test, and is caught with pot, and argued with the cops at an airport? Don't you think that it was possible that Cris Carter was mentoring Moss on how to be a professional and take the game more seriously?

The Whizzinator was Onterrio Smith. Don't steal his lone claim to fame from him.

mike_2133

UDFA
Two different topics:

Kaepernick working out with Warner: he can't possibly learn anything
Austin working out with Moss: working with a HOF will definitely improve his game!

very confusing logic found here

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Whatever reason you chose not to be an NFL Hall of Fame coach and instead daylight as one on internet forums is something I will forever regret. I cant roll my eyes hard enough.

Many many coaches have said it before that unless you know, you dont know. I'll just leave it at that....but some here just need to have this holier than thou complex.
I would suggest you chill a bit on calling out the members here. Discuss posts and subjects but knock off the personal attacks. I'd suggest you read the Terms and Rules and commit them to memory.

lockdnram21

Legend
I wonder why Bailey didn't work with them and why Tavon didn't work with Bailey and C Carter

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I wonder why Bailey didn't work with them and why Tavon didn't work with Bailey and C Carter
That would be like asking why two artists had one on one lessons with different painters just because the two were friends. I wouldn't read anything into it. It's not like they are joined at the hip or anything.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you can't get excited about Tavon working with one of the best WRs of all time, arguably the 2nd best WR of all time, you've got issues. And you should also lose your right to complain about Tavon going forward.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If you can't get excited about Tavon working with one of the best WRs of all time, arguably the 2nd best WR of all time, you've got issues.

We're Rams fans. Pretty obvious we all have issues. What's your point?