Tavon Austin works out with Randy Moss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I don't have a link. I saw it on Facebook. But I like it. It means he's taking an initiative to get better. Maybe he can start "Mossing" some people this year.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
image.jpg

Athos

Legend
Moss bust be slouching something fierce, but he's sure as shit way taller than that compared to Austin.

Weird choice though. Austin has nothing in common as a WR.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope Moss can show him how to get a foot taller.....

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Anytime one of our current guys seeks help in the off season from a former great that's a positive sign to me. Hopefully it translates to better on field production than Givens' last effort.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Anytime one of our current guys seeks help in the off season from a former great that's a positive sign to me. Hopefully it translates to better on field production than Givens' last effort.

My thoughts exactly.

Say what you want about Moss, but dude had a lot of success in the NFL.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't get the connection. Moss was not a great route runner which is what Tavon needs to work on most. I don't u derstand what exactly, It is that Moss can impart to Tavon to improve his game.

Maybe Tavon just wanted to borrow Randy's Wizinator?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't get the connection. Moss was not a great route runner which is what Tavon needs to work on most. I don't u derstand what exactly, It is that Moss can impart to Tavon to improve his game.

Maybe Tavon just wanted to borrow Randy's Wizinator?

Fair enough. I wish Tavon was reaching out to Ike or Torry... But Moss knows the position. Lots to learn there.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Maybe Moss is trying to help him USE his speed...Moss didn't get caught from behind...

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Moss is a HOFER... speed was his game. He can teach tavon somethings no doubt but I don't understand how Austin isnt a good route runner when he can cut on a dime a make change. That's what a route runners key is isn't it? Cutting ability at full speed?? Hopefully he gets it together

jap

Legend
Moss is a HOFER... speed was his game. He can teach tavon somethings no doubt but I don't understand how Austin isn't a good route runner when he can cut on a dime a make change. That's what a route runners key is isn't it? Cutting ability at full speed?? Hopefully he gets it together

Knowing how and when to cut on a dime are two different things. It's nice that he is working with Randy, but I hope he takes full advantage of Isaac & Torry when they come to camp as they do annually.

Isaac was a master at selling defenders on the false idea he was the prime target. He was very crafty at 'gliding,' which is scout-speak for when he moves directly toward DB's at the start of a route in such a manner that they cannot tell how fast he is moving, which used to scare the crap out of them---given his great cutting ability. Plus, Isaac would sell out his body on blocks, with a personal record of 14 pancake blocks! in a single game.

As good as the Reverend was, Torry possessed better sheer hands than Isaac and often delighted the pre-game crowd with behind-the-back one-handed catches in warm-ups.

Both of these veterans can do well to teach any of our fly guys how to set up & fake DB's. I hope Sted gets involved with some of this off-season workouts with veteran receivers too.'

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well at least they are playing at a top notch facility. o_O I just hope Moss gives him some confidence and shows him how to use his speed. That may translate to returns as well. I hope Moss tells him to just GO! BTW - I hope our coaches tell him the same thing with the playbook. Give this speedster some go routes and make the DB commit PI or lose the battle. It seems that the few times TA was sent down the field, the defender had to grab him. Play to that.

BTW - Ripped little fucker - eh? Tavon gonna rip some jocks out of their shorts this season.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
BTW - Ripped little freaker - eh? Tavon gonna rip some jocks out of their shorts this season.
Right? Tavon and I are exactly the same size 5'8" 175 and i don't look like that. WTF?
I've got better hair though...

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
What's up with our receivers and the 1998 Vikings? Bailey's working with Cris Carter, now Tavon is working with Randy Moss.

I guess you could pick worse offenses to take your knowledge from though.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's up with our receivers and the 1998 Vikings? Bailey's working with Cris Carter, now Tavon is working with Randy Moss.

Better than working with Derek Stanley and Laurent Robinson, right?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Moss and Carter played for then OC Ray Sherman with the Vikings.
nixweiss.gif