Tavon Austin where are you????

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rahm_tough

UDFA
Name
Rahm_tough
We need a big game from our first pick....we have only seen glimpses of what this guy is capable of...its time we create ways to get this guy the ball like harvin or patterson....i feel like lately we are not getting anything from our big contract guys...

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
We need to run him end around at LEAST once per game. And yet how many times do we see that play called? And at least one 9 route (deep pass) his direction per game.
Until we see those two plays once each per game, he is being misused.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hes not a big contract guy. Patterson has been shit this year trust me he is on my fantasy team.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
New week, same story.

SMH at the Patterson comment. Why don't you drop him from your fantasy team and pick up Austin? I'm sure he is on the waiver wire.

A55VA6

Legend
Idk what it is with Austin. I think we need to do a better job getting the ball in his hands more, but he needs to stop dancing in place. I'm hoping he's 100% healthy from his injury though. Maybe he's not, and it's hurting his quickness and cutting ability?

TheBunk

Rookie
Have they even attempted a WR screen with him this season? Getting him the ball with some space and blockers may be productive but Shotty has nothing set for him.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'd like to get him the ball behind Britt and Quick and have those guys block for him. Some jet sweeps, some screens, some passing plays out of the backfield on things like wheel routes. Some deep plays too. Tavon can run a go route or a post, and we don't do that enough. We need to do a lot more than we have.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I like what the kid can do, but have concluded he was a bit over drafted ,full disclosure I was one who was delighted we traded up for him,but I have also come to see his effectiveness in college hasn't translated as regularly to the pros because the level of competition is enough better that the talent mismatch he enjoyed has evaporated to a great extent .
I don't blame the coaches for using him "wrong" I blame him for not adapting his style ,seemed to me his every punt return last week was a race to the sideline,trying to beat the whole coverage team at once instead of the first man then the rest as they come.
I see little fast elusive guys all over the league now that teams got in later rounds that are as effective as TA, he's not a bust ,he IMO will pay dividends ,but his ROI will be less than I'd hoped for.
There are a lot of plays I could devise that focus on him that in my mind would work ,but every one of those plays would take a target from Quick or Britt or Bailey or Cook, guys I see making plays ,IMO the insistence on getting the ball to Austin by us is well established and isn't producing ,time IMO to quit making it a priority and let those plays come to us.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
They need to get him the ball in space, not behind the LOS. Shotty needs to get a little more creative with TA.

jap

Legend
They have to stretch the defenses out. Have them fearing the deep ball to Kenny and Brian. Let Cookie & Kendricks terrify the LB's and SS on seam routes. Pound the snot out of the DL with Zac & Benny. Mix Trey in here & there to attack the corners. When the D is stretch out trying to hold the run up front, attempting to prevent the bomb deep, struggling to hold the middle against our TE's, then Tavon becomes a holy nightmare. Austin Davis needs to develop the rapport with Tavon to hit him in stride so there's no need for him to slow down. Tavon himself needs to get over the early season willies and stop muffing punts or allow himself to get overly distracted by defenders before the ball is secured. He needs to get into a rhythm, and Schotty needs to help set that up.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Harvin and Patterson haven't done much since week 1.

I'm confident Tavon will go off again for a game or two this year, just like vs Indy last year. Just have to wait and see when it'll be.

V3

Hall of Fame
For what the Rams gave up to get Austin, we shouldn't need an offensive minded genius trying to devise plays to make it work for him. He's supposed to be a playmaker. He should be the one making the plays work, at least for his part of the play. I'll agree that there have been many calls that were just stupid and no player would stand a chance but there have been plenty of other calls made where a better player would have produced much more, IMO. I'm tired of Schotty getting all the blame for Austin's performance- and I am NOT a Schotty fan.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Harvin and Patterson haven't done much since week 1.

I'm confident Tavon will go off again for a game or two this year, just like vs Indy last year. Just have to wait and see when it'll be.

Patterson: 34yds average receiving per game on the season
Harvin: 74yds receiving (total) last 4 games

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We need to run him end around at LEAST once per game. And yet how many times do we see that play called? And at least one 9 route (deep pass) his direction per game.
Until we see those two plays once each per game, he is being misused.
"9 routes" were the Bread and Butter of the GSOT, It would be a great Tribute to them to use it a few times tonight!

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
New week, same story.

SMH at the Patterson comment. Why don't you drop him from your fantasy team and pick up Austin? I'm sure he is on the waiver wire.
Im sorry what? I made 2 separate statements. Tavon Austin is not a big contract guy. And Patterson has been shit this year under performing on my fantasy team. Which of the 2 do you disagree with?

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I'd love to see another 'Indianapolis game' out of Tavon tonight on national TV... he should be healthy and recovered from the knee sprain. He's due for another big game.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm predicting TA is going to have a BIG season going forward. Having Quick and Britt take the heat off him is going to be great for him.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I give him a health mulligan for last week. I'm hoping he takes to the big stage tonight. Would be nice to have an offense w multiple weapons firing.