Tavon Austin vs Cordarrelle Patterson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which would you rather have if both are available?

• Cordarrelle Patterson

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Tavon Austin

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • I'd trade the pick to the highest bidder

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Ramhusker said:
The Dude said:
Ramhusker said:
I picked Austin for the reasons stated but I would be quick to trade the pick if a good deal was on the table. What would be a good deal?
You're the GM. What's a good deal to you?
What value do you put on the #16 overall?

Eh, maybe a trade down to the 25th pick and a 2nd round pick but that probably doesn't add up in value to GMs.

I think that would be a fair deal myself. I'd even be willing to do a second this year and a first next assuming that a pick in the next years draft is still valued at one round lower.

I'm also assuming that next years draft will have some prospects that are game changers and a chance to get two or three is awesome. But I don't know much about college ball since I don't watch it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I still think that we could trade down and get more picks. I'm not as sold on Austin or Patterson when I could get Wheaton and Rogers in the second and third rounds and trade the sixteenth overall pick for a minor bounty in this year's draft. There's just not a lot of players - if any - that I like at that point. Twenty-two...that's a different story altogether. Quite a few players that I'd love to take there.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Kind of a Tavon Austin landslide going on here.

Guess I'll have to email Kevin Demoff the results of this poll.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Dude said:
Kind of a Tavon Austin landslide going on here.

Guess I'll have to email Kevin Demoff the results of this poll.

DO it.

:grin:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Memento said:
I still think that we could trade down and get more picks. I'm not as sold on Austin or Patterson when I could get Wheaton and Rogers in the second and third rounds and trade the sixteenth overall pick for a minor bounty in this year's draft. There's just not a lot of players - if any - that I like at that point. Twenty-two...that's a different story altogether. Quite a few players that I'd love to take there.
See,i sort of look at our #22 pick as our possible maneuvering tool for a few of the contending teams that'll be picking at the bottom that would like to move up and grab somebody like an Eddie Lacy,Tyler Eifert,Manti Te'o.

IMO the Rams believe they'll get some value at #16...but would like to add an additional 2nd or 3rd via #22. I just think that we aren't a good enough team to start backing out of the top 15.

There are so many ways to attack a draft though,so it could easily play out with the scenario you layed out there too.

I'm getting pumped already and its still weeks away.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Doing a mock draft on another board tonight Austin went to San Diego at 11,Patterson to the Rams at 16
The first seven picks were the top seven rated players.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Thordaddy said:
Doing a mock draft on another board tonight Austin went to San Diego at 11,Patterson to the Rams at 16
Joekel, Johnson, and Fisher were all gone by #11?

I'm taking Patterson.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
DR RAM said:
Thordaddy said:
Joekel, Johnson, and Fisher were all gone by #11?

I'm taking Patterson.
My board had Johnson at rated 9th and he was still there,Austin was rated 16 Patterson 10 but he didn't go until us at 16.

For ALL the raps on Patterson it's amazing to me he's rated top 10. But like they say it's flayt 50 players with small seperations a god draft to have thre in the top 50 too bad we don't have 4

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Like both. Estatic with either.
Chose Patterson for his upside.
I think Patterson's need for a redshirt season is overblown. For only having a playbook for one season he seemed to do alright. And again. Austin didn't come out of a true pro style offense. He was used a lot in a gimmicky style. So who's to say he will adapt enough to the pro game fast enough to be a starter from game one.
First round is always about potential. And a team never drafts a player for 1 year on purpose.

The question is who will be the better player for the life of his contract. That's who you draft.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
If we got Patterson and hunter id be exststic then pick up long and sweringer