Tavon Austin vs Cordarrelle Patterson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which would you rather have if both are available?

• Cordarrelle Patterson

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Tavon Austin

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • I'd trade the pick to the highest bidder

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

paceram

Pro Bowler
IF, both Austin and Patterson were both available to the Rams at the 16th spot and you had to pick one of them who would you choose? I really like both of them and it would be a close decision for me but as of now I would pick Austin. I do realize there is a chance neither one of them will be available at #16 and I also realize that even if one or both of them are available that the Rams might not select them but I do think both these players could help Sam Bradford & the Rams Offense tremendously if selected!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm going to turn your question into a poll. Should be interesting.
At that point, I think, I'd just trade the pick to someone DYING to have either one.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Austin.

It's a game of match up's. Austin is a mess to be accounted for.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Dude said:
I'm going to turn your question into a poll. Should be interesting.
At that point, I think, I'd just trade the pick to someone DYING to have either one.

Thanks! That's awesome!

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I think Patterson and Austin are almost equals in terms of where they should be drafted. I think Patterson has the higher ceiling because of his unique blend of athleticism, but will have to do a lot of learning before he reaches that ceiling. Austin, while coming from a gimmicky spread offense, is exceptionally explosive and ready to contribute right away. Just put the ball in his hands and let him go.

Personally I prefer Patterson, however if I were turning in the Rams draft card I would pick Austin. It's a bit counter-intuitive but I think we need playmakers now. We cant afford another developmental WR. Austin IMO is the safer pick. Disregard all the size concerns, he'll be one of the most explosive and slippery player in the league over the next decade.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I picked Austin for the reasons stated but I would be quick to trade the pick if a good deal was on the table. What would be a good deal?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ramhusker said:
I picked Austin for the reasons stated but I would be quick to trade the pick if a good deal was on the table. What would be a good deal?
You're the GM. What's a good deal to you?
What value do you put on the #16 overall?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I wouldn't mind either one trusting the organizations decision really. I voted Austin because I really think he's a game changer, and if used correctly could contribute right away. Patterson is just too raw for me to take at #16 overall if I'm running things. Idk though. Guy could come in and dominate somewhere who knows. Another year when I'm glad I'm not the one making the decisions.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
uhhhhhh.............AUSTIN :)

But I have no issue with Patterson if he's chosen. Just think Austin is more NFL ready, even if he doesn't have the stature of a "#1"

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd take Austin...but Patterson is also a very viable alternative. Wouldn't fault someone for choosing him.

I would NOT trade the pick.

Shawnbb158

Starter
Patterson has the bigger upside but Austin brings the mismatch + return skills we have lacked . I'm all for Austin.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Shawnbb158 said:
Patterson has the bigger upside but Austin brings the mismatch + return skills we have lacked . I'm all for Austin.

Pattersons a pretty good freaking returner too though.

Psycho_X

Legend
Oops, picked Austin because i do not like Patterson as a WR at all. But would actually rather trade back a few spots if that's possible. But with the talent in this draft being strong but not exceptional across the board the first two rounds i'm not anticipating the amount of trades like there were last year.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I picked Austin cuz I wanted to see the poll results.

I'm prepared to see us take either one and not gripe,I just hope Austin isn't another Tye Hill if we take him.
I wonder how much either of these guys really intrigue Fisher and Snead, dunno.

For me though you draft high what can't be coached, and draft low what can be.
You can't coach what these guys bring.

A55VA6

Legend
I love Austin.. But I kind of want that bigger WR. Patterson and Hunter are the guys I'm looking at right now. If we don't draft one of those 3, I'm going to blow my brains out. haha.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The Dude said:
Ramhusker said:
You're the GM. What's a good deal to you?
What value do you put on the #16 overall?

Eh, maybe a trade down to the 25th pick and a 2nd round pick but that probably doesn't add up in value to GMs.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Both freaks, BTW, but Cordarrelle....come on...a big freak wins VS. a small freak wins any day of the week.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
DR RAM said:
Both freaks, BTW, but Cordarrelle....come on...a big freak wins VS. a small freak wins any day of the week.

Not necessarily.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think I would take Patterson.. I really like both prospects, but I think Patterson can be a major upgrade to Gibson. Pettis and Cook are both capable of handling duties in the slot, and together can probably be an upgrade over Amendola (he was great at getting open, but Pettis has better hands in my opinion, can make those 'wow' catches better) and be what Austin could be. Givens can be like Gibson, but I see them as different players, I think Patterson can be that player instead.

So if they were both there at 16, I think I would lean Patterson. It's hard to say though, he's more of a project for sure. I think at the end of the day though, we'd probably get more from Patterson in the long run through his career.

However, I've said it more than once, take them both, then a S in the 2nd. :twisted:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I voted for Austin,,, but I'm with Blue....

I'll take both please.