Tavon Austin Pepsi Next Rookie of the Week!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Our boy Tavon is officially recognized for his first big break out of his career! Lets hope there are many more this season and he steals the award! lol
Man I'm so excited!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hah, you know they've been waiting to use that song all year.
Loved that song with the highlights! lol But your right must of been waiting for his breakout game.... wonder how many TD's he end up with this season? 10?

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I'm sorry but if you don't win it for setting the most yards ever to go with 3 TD's for a rookie of the week award there's something wrong... I expected this, although, not until week 10 not so much, let's all hope as we make a run for the playoffs, Tavon can make a run for rookie of the year! :woot::woot::woot:

A55VA6

Legend
Well deserved! Let's hope he can have another great game next week!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
hp3.gif

Way to go Tavon!

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
When he turns on his speed, he is just sooooo smmoth!. Doesn't even look as though he is running!. I hope he has learned that in the NFL it is 1-2 moves and GO. I think he was trying too hard to "juke" guys early on when it is SPEED that burns!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
When he turns on his speed, he is just sooooo smmoth!. Doesn't even look as though he is running!. I hope he has learned that in the NFL it is 1-2 moves and GO. I think he was trying too hard to "juke" guys early on when it is SPEED that burns!
He looked SO fast last week, like he did in college.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
This guy just needs to get his mojo working, then he will continue to make big plays. Remember the Denver game in preseason, he made that big return, then it looked like he was ready. But he lost his confidence somewhere early in the season, maybe because of the drops, but he finally has it back.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Let's hope now that Schotty has miraculously discovered intertwined crossing routes and pick plays, he runs 10 a game. This is all TA ever needed.

I take exception with the commonly repeated myth that he jukes too much. If you review every play he's made this season you'll see he only juked when he had nowhere to go and it often created openings. When he already had an opening he shot straight for it.

If Schotty had been getting him the ball in the open field like this and the penalties hadn't been crushing his big plays, his breakout game would have been game one IMHO.

The only rookie mistakes I see in his game are the drops. They are unacceptably high. Let's hope he corrects that.

TAnew5_zps6b85e282.jpg

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Let's hope now that Schotty has miraculously discovered intertwined crossing routes and pick plays, he runs 10 a game. This is all TA ever needed.
Actually, you don't want to run them too often. Or at least run some variation of the same play. Run them too much and teams find ways to counter them; the play becomes predictable, and execution then must be perfect.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Actually, you don't want to run them too often. Or at least run some variation of the same play. Run them too much and teams find ways to counter them; the play becomes predictable, and execution then must be perfect.
that's when you bring our other weapons into the game when they start keying in on Tavon

Hah, you know they've been waiting to use that song all year.

Loved that song with the highlights! lol But your right must of been waiting for his breakout game.... wonder how many TD's he end up with this season? 10?

Probably quite obvious I certainly loved hearing that song in the background. That was some game for him and Rams fans. Hopefully he becomes a staple in your offense. Stedman too.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Probably quite obvious I certainly loved hearing that song in the background. That was some game for him and Rams fans. Hopefully he becomes a staple in your offense. Stedman too.
I hear that man I really think Stedman is going to tear it up in the next few years tbh