Tavon Austin on new Rams role (2013 NFL Rookie Premiere)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
I was scrolling through my Youtube and came upon this. I am not sure if we are allowed to link other sites but I subscribe to them.:p Enjoy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCDTEKRYwS0[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thanks for posting. And yeah, you can link to whoever you want.
We're not into sequestering anybody.

Wonderboy

Rookie
"Whatever I want, eventually, I get my mind to it and I get it."

I love that! This guy gets it. The way he says that to me goes way beyond the football field. This guy understands the power of positive thinking and visualization. No wonder he was so successful at West Virginia. I can't think of any reason that won't continue with the Rams and he will help lead this team to the playoffs!

Thanks for posting.

nighttrain

Legend
Tavon, this guy is gonna be hell to cover in screens, and safety valves..i so cant wait to see pre season
train

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I'm probably alone on this but I'm against using this Austin for KRs and PRs. We'll see what the Rams think but I'm worried about it.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A55VA6

Legend
albefree69 said:
I'm probably alone on this but I'm against using this Austin for KRs and PRs. We'll see what the Rams think but I'm worried about it.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With his ability in space... you've gotta let him return kicks. he could bring it to the house at any time. There's those players that when it's the kickoff... everyone's eyes are glued because it could be a big play. Tavon is one of those guys.

lockdnram21

Legend
A55VA6 said:
albefree69 said:

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With his ability in space... you've gotta let him return kicks. he could bring it to the house at any time. There's those players that when it's the kickoff... everyone's eyes are glued because it could be a big play. Tavon is one of those guys.

That was one of the main reasons they got him. Its not like hes a #1 receiver

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
When a player costs you the equivalent of two starters then he has to last a long time for you to recoup your investment. Not to mention that he needs to perform at an extrememly high level (not talking about his first year). It's doubtful we will ever achieve that but we need to optimize his touches to prolong his career IMO. I'd rather average 5 yards less per PR/KR and have him available in our regular offense.

He'll have plenty of chances "in space" on screens and such where the D doesn't get a running start on him.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
albefree69 said:
When a player costs you the equivalent of two starters then he has to last a long time for you to recoup your investment. Not to mention that he needs to perform at an extrememly high level (not talking about his first year). It's doubtful we will ever achieve that but we need to optimize his touches to prolong his career IMO. I'd rather average 5 yards less per PR/KR and have him available in our regular offense.

He'll have plenty of chances "in space" on screens and such where the D doesn't get a running start on him.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sort of where you are at. I hate to subject him to punts.

Then again; he's here to make plays and that's a nice part of his game.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
CGI_Ram was of two minds:

I'm sort of where you are at. I hate to subject him to punts.

Then again; he's here to make plays and that's a nice part of his game.

How many times have we seen a punt returner refuse to call a "fair catch" and get creamed right after the catch? He'll be unprotected with his arms up. If he's gonna do it he better be really smart about it. Competitive juices get flowing and players do stupid things. One hit like that at his size could be all she wrote.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think Austin knows how to limit the hard hits that he receives, and it's one of the reasons why he never missed a game in college. Bruce and Holt used to do it a lot when coming across the middle to just slide down. To me it lengthen their careers.

Ohh sweet my avatar is working!! SHAKA!

EastRam

Pro Bowler
I agree with ya thar Albecat. Don't want to see him returning punts full time.

Hey did you notice his ears in the interview? They look like The comic book dude "flash"

New nickname for TA ..Flash!

GB5ePA6.jpg

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Maybe, but it's not gaonna stop me from worrying.

Last year I worried about us even catching the punt. This year it's about injuries. It just never stops when you're a Ram fan.

:dangit:

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EastRam

Pro Bowler
albefree69 said:

Last year I worried about us even catching the punt. This year it's about injuries. It just never stops when you're a Ram fan.

Worrying about catching punts not so much now that AZ is gone. He drove me :boing:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
EastRam said:
albefree69 said:

Worrying about catching punts not so much now that AZ is gone. He drove me :boing:
As long as it's not Pettis. That guy just didn't give a shit about anything it seemed.
"Fair catch? Pshhh. Just hit me, bitches."

EastRam

Pro Bowler
X said:
EastRam said:
albefree69 said:

As long as it's not Pettis. That guy just didn't give a shyte about anything it seemed.
"Fair catch? Pshhh. Just hit me, bitches."

The funny thing with Pettis is that you worried more about him getting creamed! If they still did the "jacked up" spot he would be on every week. :nono:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
EastRam said:
albefree69 said:

Yeah back in those days... when the ball was in the air... I'd say... "catch it" "catch it" "catch it".

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ram_Fan said:
I think Austin knows how to limit the hard hits that he receives, and it's one of the reasons why he never missed a game in college. Bruce and Holt used to do it a lot when coming across the middle to just slide down. To me it lengthen their careers.

Ohh sweet my avatar is working!! SHAKA!

Nice avatar!

Yes. History proves you right.

While I think the NFL won't be as easy, Austin has great field awareness and minimizes the hits.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
EastRam recalling past nightmares:

To be fair to Az, there was just as big a chance he would fumble it after he caught it. He was a multidimensional punt returner. :help:

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EastRam

Pro Bowler
albefree69 said:
EastRam recalling past nightmares:

To be fair to Az, there was just as big a chance he would fumble it after he caught it. He was a multidimensional punt returner. :help:

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like this>>>
football-2.gif