Tavon Austin: I'm one of Sam Bradford's 'new toys'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
By Kevin Patra NFL.com
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000216402/article/tavon-austin-im-one-of-sam-bradfords-new-toys" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... s-new-toys</a>

Expectations for Tavon Austin's rookie season with the St. Louis Rams are Rookie-of-the-Year high.

With that in mind, it's positive to hear the wide receiver tell NFL Network's Andrew Siciliano, in an interview that will air on Friday's "NFL Total Access," that he already has a rapport with quarterback Sam Bradford.

"He looked for me a lot at practice," Austin said. "He definitely believes in me and I definitely feel good about myself. He kind of talked to me, let me know the things I'm doing good, the things I'm doing bad as far as landmarks, if I should have kept the corner high or should I bend it off. I definitely believe he got a lot of trust in me and I got trust in him."

Austin chuckled at the notion that he was Bradford's new toy.

"I can say I'm one of his new toys," Austin said. "Me and Jared (Cook) and Stedman (Bailey) probably one of the new toys that came to the family. I just hope that my number gets called a lot and then at the end of the season he can really say I was one of his toys."

The Rams have the need and Austin has the talent. The connection will only grow through training camp, so it's a good bet Bradford will be flashing that Oklahoma smile at his "new toy" a lot throughout the 2013 season.

Catch the full interview with Tavon Austin tonight on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" at 7 p.m. ET.

Follow Kevin Patra on Twitter @kpatra.

Lesson

Oh, really?
The more and more I hear from Tavon, the more I like about him.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Tavon Austin: 'My mother will look after my money'

By Matt Domm, Reporter
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/american-football/st-louis-rams/news/rams-austin-my-mother-will-look-after-my-money_92150.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/american-fo ... 92150.html</a>

St Louis Rams wide receiver Tavon Austin has admitted that he will ask his mother to take care of his money in his rookie NFL season.

Austin was drafted into the league by the Rams and there have been concerns that he might struggle with his attitude off the field.

However, the decision to allow his mother to look after his finances will be encouraging for the franchise.

"One thing I learned was just make somebody else the bad man and that is what definitely I'm going to do as far as the money situation," NFL.com quotes Austin as saying. "So that definitely will be my mother, she is definitely up for the challenge and she is ready to pretty much tell people 'no.'"

"I definitely will help a lot of people too, you know, I'm not one of those type of people who forgets where I came from and just acts like I'm better than anybody else.

"But definitely there is a certain amount of times where it comes to a point where you have to say 'no' and she'll be that person that'll be dealing with it."

Austin was the eighth pick overall in the 2013 Draft.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Rams seem to have a very-good program with these rookies. Hearing Jenkins speak recently about surrounding yourself with positive people... now Austin's comments.

Kudos Rams!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
News Bot said:

By Matt Domm, Reporter
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/american-football/st-louis-rams/news/rams-austin-my-mother-will-look-after-my-money_92150.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/american-fo ... 92150.html</a>

St Louis Rams wide receiver Tavon Austin has admitted that he will ask his mother to take care of his money in his rookie NFL season.

Austin was drafted into the league by the Rams and there have been concerns that he might struggle with his attitude off the field.

However, the decision to allow his mother to look after his finances will be encouraging for the franchise.

"One thing I learned was just make somebody else the bad man and that is what definitely I'm going to do as far as the money situation," NFL.com quotes Austin as saying. "So that definitely will be my mother, she is definitely up for the challenge and she is ready to pretty much tell people 'no.'"

"I definitely will help a lot of people too, you know, I'm not one of those type of people who forgets where I came from and just acts like I'm better than anybody else.

"But definitely there is a certain amount of times where it comes to a point where you have to say 'no' and she'll be that person that'll be dealing with it."

Seriously... how many people are trying to get in this dude's pockets?
This is like the 4th or 5th time I've heard him talk about people wanting his money.

iced

X said:
News Bot said:

By Matt Domm, Reporter

This is like the 4th or 5th time I've heard him talk about people wanting his money.

Uhhh, a lot. Trust me - one of my closest friends just got a DOD contract that's going to make him a millionaire in a year... In a YEAR..initially the day he got it, he was telling me people were already coming out of the wood work.. Again, doesn't even have the status or money yet.

Tavon does - bet your ass that every begging/needy cousin, distant counsins, friends that helped you this one time, etc. is going to be come out of the wood work and ask for a hand out.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
iced said:
X said:
News Bot said:

By Matt Domm, Reporter

Uhhh, a lot. Trust me - one of my closest friends just got a DOD contract that's going to make him a millionaire in a year... In a YEAR..initially the day he got it, he was telling me people were already coming out of the wood work.. Again, doesn't even have the status or money yet.

Tavon does - bet your ass that every begging/needy cousin, distant counsins, friends that helped you this one time, etc. is going to be come out of the wood work and ask for a hand out.
Well I assume it happens to a lot of rookies, but this is the first time I've heard a player repeat the same thing about people wanting his cash - multiple times.

jap

Legend
X said:

That's a constant hassle for anyone who is perceived as 'making it.' Anytime anyone breaks into an area that is perceived as paying well in our society, they tend to be besieged by others looking for handouts, looking for what they are 'owed,' or whatever. Entertainers (e.g., athletes, singers, dancers, actors, etc.), business owners, high end workers, or, in short, anyone perceived as earning prime time green becomes #1 on the hit lists of the 'borrowers.' (Note that I placed the term borrowers in quotation marks because to truly deserve to use that term one is obligated to pay back, which many 'borrowers' do not even try to do.)

There may actually be legitimate friends that truly are down & out that could use a hand. However, far more often than not the folks with their hands out are those who have messed up (or are in the process of messing up) their lives and are too lazy to do for themselves.

And far more often than not, these 'cousins' will show their true colors if Tavon gets a career-ending injury, and the gravy train stops. Those who owe him or other money-makers like him will disappear, never to be heard from again.

wsaladen

Rookie
Can u say Playmaker!!!!! I think Tavon and Sam are going to be a lethal combination on the field!!

FRO

Legend
I like hearing that Sam goes to him often. Austin is Wes Welker with 4.25 speed. Lightning quick, good hands, durable. He will be the best slot WR this league has ever seen. Sam will benefit having this guy to throw to.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
FRO said:
I like hearing that Sam goes to him often. Austin is Wes Welker with 4.25 speed. Lightning quick, good hands, durable. He will be the best slot WR this league has ever seen. Sam will benefit having this guy to throw to.

^This.

and...

wsaladen said:
Can u say Playmaker!!!!! I think Tavon and Sam are going to be a lethal combination on the field!!

^This.

and...

THIS is going to be fun!