Tavon Austin has wrist surgery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...cted-to-miss-otas-after-having-wrist-surgery/

It looks like Rams wide receiver Tavon Austin will miss much of the team’s offseason work due to a wrist injury.

The Rams confirmed that Austin had arthroscopic surgery on his left wrist on Tuesday. The wideout is expected to miss the final phase of the team’s offseason program, which consists of 10 organized team activities that kick off on May 23. He is expected to be healthy in time for training camp.

Austin set career highs with 59 catches and 508 receiving yards last season and scored four touchdowns overall after signing a six-year extension with the team before the start of the season. New coach Sean McVay talked about taking advantage of Austin’s skills as a receiver and a runner shortly after being hired earlier this year.

“You look at some of the things that Tavon Austin does with the ball, both in the run game and when he’s able to catch it as a receiver,” McVay said, via Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times. “He’s a guy that you want to move all over the formation.”

Any on-field work with Austin will have to wait, but he’ll still be able to attend meetings until he’s healed enough to return to action.

Hopefully this isn't a lingering injury all year, this must have been what his snap story was about....Mods if you want to merge I understand, I thought this deserved it's own thread

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Yay....

Hopefully he's done getting injured for the remainder of the year

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hopefully the surgery includes attachment of better hands.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I've heard that Dr. FrankenAndrews is conducting the surgery following Tavon Austin's successful purchase of DeAndre Smelter's 11" hands, his being the largest recorded wr's hands in the history of the Combine..

WestCoastRam

Legend
Connecting some dots (right or wrong)... did he do something to mess up his wrist last week when he snapchated being in pain? This is not a good look for him with a new staff coming in.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...cted-to-miss-otas-after-having-wrist-surgery/

It looks like Rams wide receiver Tavon Austin will miss much of the team’s offseason work due to a wrist injury.

The Rams confirmed that Austin had arthroscopic surgery on his left wrist on Tuesday. The wideout is expected to miss the final phase of the team’s offseason program, which consists of 10 organized team activities that kick off on May 23. He is expected to be healthy in time for training camp.

Austin set career highs with 59 catches and 508 receiving yards last season and scored four touchdowns overall after signing a six-year extension with the team before the start of the season. New coach Sean McVay talked about taking advantage of Austin’s skills as a receiver and a runner shortly after being hired earlier this year.

“You look at some of the things that Tavon Austin does with the ball, both in the run game and when he’s able to catch it as a receiver,” McVay said, via Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times. “He’s a guy that you want to move all over the formation.”

Any on-field work with Austin will have to wait, but he’ll still be able to attend meetings until he’s healed enough to return to action.

Hopefully this isn't a lingering injury all year, this must have been what his snap story was about....Mods if you want to merge I understand, I thought this deserved it's own thread
Yep! It sure sounds like this was what he was referring to in that snap comment!!(y) Maybe you should just post this in Both threads!?!o_O

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Connecting some dots (right or wrong)... did he do something to mess up his wrist last week when he snapchated being in pain? This is not a good look for him with a new staff coming in.

Could have happened at practice.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
1oi5vz.jpg

bnw

Pro Bowler
508 yards is a career high? For a first round pick? Who was re-signed? I wanna scream.:rant:

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So that's what the snap was about? Oh I just read the last line of the op lol.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
508 yards is a career high? For a first round pick? Who was re-signed? I wanna scream.:rant:
Receiving yards. Doesn't include rushing or return yards. Go ahead and scream tho if it makes u feel better...

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg

There's a shitload of other folks I'd like to scream at before getting to Tavon....like, Fisher, Boras, Cignetti..etc...etc...

I'll give him this year to redeem himself. First year with a REAL offensive coaching staff. If he doesn't? Then he'll move up my "Scream" list

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy

It was only a couple of days ago that he made the snapchats. And then yesterday he snapped his wrist in a cast. I'm sure he did something to hurt his wrist, but it could be a multitude of things. My best guess is a weight lifting injury. But who knows.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Big whoop... He needs to work on being a receiver. His skill position.

If you say so chief. Go ahead and ignore all he
does for this team. Funny how some players have the Jeff Fisher /OL excuse for producing squat last year (Gurley, etc) but Tavon gets shit on all day for having a good year.

bnw

Pro Bowler
There's a shitload of other folks I'd like to scream at before getting to Tavon....like, Fisher, Boras, Cignetti..etc...etc...

I'll give him this year to redeem himself. First year with a REAL offensive coaching staff. If he doesn't? Then he'll move up my "Scream" list

4 seasons and a total of 968 yards rushing. 242 yards per year average. 2610 yards career rushing and receiving for an average of 653 yards per season. This team could never afford a first round pick to produce those stats. Amendola had more receiving yards in his 4 seasons with the Rams and his catch% with the Rams is far superior to TA's. Amendola was value yet the Rams couldn't keep him. A team sinks to the bottom and stays there for as long as the Rams have for good reason, namely crappy drafting across the board. AD was a great pick so the blind squirrel got his nut. Gurley, I just don't know since he looked like an imposter out there last season. Goff, jury is still out. TA now a wrist injury?:baghead:

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Odell Beckham wouldn't need the use of his left wrist in offseason workouts... All you need is one hand unless you are blocking.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Too much wanking? Come on Tavon cut it out or you will go blind.