Tavon Austin catch

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Football... Player...

People fret over his size and relatively quiet rookie season.

Just wait.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Not a horribly thrown pass either. I am excited to see this team play!

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Damn good pass. I heard tweets about it, and can see why they were excited for the play.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Dayum what a pass. Trying to zero in on that number.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Coverage wasn't bad at all by Joyner, was just a nice catch and perfect throw.

fearsomefour

Legend
Football... Player...

Just wait.
I didn't think Austin had a disappointing season at all. Rookie WR typically struggle. He disappeared on stretches but also took over some games.
Exciting player.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Football... Player...

Just wait.

What I like about this offseason, TA has almost been the forgotten man on the Rams WR corps - with Britt, Quick and Bailey taking most of the heat from the press - lets hope opposing Defenses worry about the big guys and forget about him ;)

Red Zone baby!

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Well, that is pretty rare that deep in the corner; just one of those this year, that is all I need!
Go tavon...I think his 'toughness' is underrated, by the way.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I didn't think Austin had a disappointing season at all. Rookie WR typically struggle. He disappeared on stretches but also took over some games.
Exciting player.

I am with you, brother.

Expectations were too high for his position.

We saw enough to know this guy is crazy dangerous! Look out!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What I like about this offseason, TA has almost been the forgotten man on the Rams WR corps - with Britt, Quick and Bailey taking most of the heat from the press - lets hope opposing Defenses worry about the big guys and forget about him ;)

Red Zone baby!

It has been "quiet", eh?

He's gonna surprise some people.

jap

Legend
Football... Player...

Just wait.

Relatively quiet rookie season? He was trying to learn a million positions at once in order to be a multi-threat weapon from the get-go while simultaneously trying to adjust to the much greater speed, quickness, strength, and intelligence of NFL-caliber defenders. The appropriate concept in this case was information overload.

By moving him out beyond the hashmarks, he instantly becomes a super dangerous threat in space. By shuttling him occasionally inside or in the backfield, you deny NFL DC's the luxury of being able to key on him to neutralize him. Get Tavon and super accurate Sam on the same page route-wise, and you have TD's in spades just waiting to happen. And this is all aside from his TD contributions from punt returns and runs from the backfield. The attention Tavon draws from defenders immediately frees up his fellow flybys for easier coverage. In short, Tavon will be to these Horns as Marshall was to the GSOT---the dynamic receiving, running threat that frees up everyone else for lighter coverage.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Relatively quiet rookie season? He was trying to learn a million positions at once in order to be a multi-threat weapon from the get-go while simultaneously trying to adjust to the much greater speed, quickness, strength, and intelligence of NFL-caliber defenders. The appropriate concept in this case was information overload.

By moving him out beyond the hashmarks, he instantly becomes a super dangerous threat in space. By shuttling him occasionally inside or in the backfield, you deny NFL DC's the luxury of being able to key on him to neutralize him. Get Tavon and super accurate Sam on the same page route-wise, and you have TD's in spades just waiting to happen. And this is all aside from his TD contributions from punt returns and runs from the backfield. The attention Tavon draws from defenders immediately frees up his fellow flybys for easier coverage. In short, Tavon will be to these Horns as Marshall was to the GSOT---the dynamic receiving, running threat that frees up everyone else for lighter coverage.
It's going to be something, and I do expect more from him in his second year, but when the third year comes along ... lookout!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Not bad coverage by Joyner too. Was just a really well thrown ball.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Who is "super accurate Sam"? :whistle: