Tavon Austin bringing us down @ p cooper

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The amount out of Stan's pocket doesn't concern me ... the amount of cap space taken does. After what we saw tonight, I'm thinking we're definitely going to want to keep Watkins around next year, and that cap space would be very useful.

That cap space will be available next year. As for this year, we've already crossed that bridge, for better or worse.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Hey all. If we can't celebrate our 2nd victory in 3 games and the 2nd 40 point game of the season (0 40pt games in the 36 prior) after LAST F'ING SEASON and that abomination of an offense...

Well I dunno what would make some folks happy.

Yeah, there were issues. Wade's 3-4 isn't super tough, but the install is behind with ADs holdout. They'll catch up. And we've had some injuries on D.

But man alive, compared to last year, we have two things we didn't have: an offense and HOPE.

Great night all. Go Rams!

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
Tavon has become what Az Hakim was. Either a home run, or an epic failure. Nothing in-between. With our other guys being consistent players, may not be worth having on the field because the liability doesn't match the payoff.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I just don't want him returning kicks. Keep him in the backfield or let him run some routes.

Yeah he def. has struggled in that department, which is supposed to be his strength. Still have faith in the guy.

nighttrain

Legend
45+20+41=106 points scored in 3 games, YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!107 points
train
extrapolate that 107 for some fun

WvuIN02

Starter
Did you guys see Tavon's smile when they took away his TD? It was really a genuine smile, he was truly having fun.

He was smiling because even though he missed his stat line, the team still got a TD with Watkins on the drive.

Lay off him for a bit. He's part of the team and he's a great team mate.
He works hard, doesnt cause trouble, is a great teammate and cheers his boys on even when he knows hes not going to be the feature in this offense. The contract stuff is already done for this year, adn tbh knowing how he operates I wouldn't be surprised to see him rework his deal after this year just to be a part of the team in a reduced role. No, hes never been Julio Jones but he can play a huge role when even with a few touches he can take it to the house. Defenses have to respect that part of the offense.

Collinsworth said it best, you go from a good to a great offense when every guy can win his 1 on 1 matchups, and this team is headed in that direction. Who are you going to double? Just wait till everyone is clicking.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Hey all. If we can't celebrate our 2nd victory in 3 games and the 2nd 40 point game of the season (0 40pt games in the 36 prior) after LAST F'ING SEASON and that abomination of an offense...

Yeah, there were issues. Wade's 3-4 isn't super tough, but the install is behind with ADs holdout. They'll catch up. And we've had some injuries on D.

But man alive, compared to last year, we have two things we didn't have: an offense and HOPE.

....and a starting QB that isn't a career back up

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope you guys realize he was big part of keeping the defense to focus on him AND Todd Gurley. He would've had a score tonight if not for a bullcrap dirty horse collar tackle.
Exactly did you see the way their entire defense shifted when he went on that fake jet sweep. That’s what’s having a threat like Tavon does and with all these other weapons we have it makes him more dangerous

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Tavon is electric and a threat to score every single time he touches the ball. That is an extremely rare quality that few NFL players possess. Just look at his TD stats from a few years ago. His presence as a decoy is invaluable. Teams have to respect his speed. He opens things up for Gurley. He's a great teammate and hustles hard. He's very dangerous as a punt returner and is a capable blocker downfield despite his size. Yes, he's overpaid, but the team is better with him than without him. If we're looking at contracts to shed, I'd sooner jettison Quinn or Barron.

UtahRam

Rookie
I say give Tavon the ball some more. There's plenty of balls to go around with these sustaining drives. To hell with the three-and-outs and let's keep distributing the ball and keep Tavon involved.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I'm mad at Tavon, but he is being integrated into the offense. He's being used very effectively as a decoy. That's valuable. But he can't keep freaking up these punt returns.

As for Pharoh, I don't see him being cut. I think the Rams really like him. He's been getting on the field. He just can't fumble the ball like that. We can't make mistakes like that against better teams.

Tavon=very expensive decoy.
Also a very expensive punt fumbler.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tavon=very expensive decoy.
Also a very expensive punt fumbler.

Again, I'm not paying him. If he helps us win, I don't care how much he's making. The punt fumbling is an issue, a big one.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Again, I'm not paying him. If he helps us win, I don't care how much he's making. The punt fumbling is an issue, a big one.

I care if he is making way too much.
If he's making so much vs the CAP it inhibits our ability to retain AD, Tru or at the end of the year Sammy, - I care.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'll give Pharoh the benefit of the doubt. But Tavon has become the next Hakim when it comes to punts. I'm holding my breath every time he goes back. I think he muffed a punt against Washington as well, so...I don't know.

I'm in the camp of wanting to trade Tavon, to be honest. I don't want to lose Pharoh or Thomas when they've shown up on special teams, and Reynolds has a ton of potential that I want to see realized here. That leaves Tavon, unfortunately.

I don't like the idea of trading Austin; he seems like a good guy, a good teammate, and he's an electric playmaker...but he hasn't really gotten any better as a receiver or returner. I'd rather see Cooper out there in the slot. I'd rather see Pharoh on punt returns and kickoff returns.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I see what you are saying, but at his salary I would like to see him be more than a decoy ... and ffs, to not muff punt returns!

What is the deal with this..........did he do it in college?

Go look at the 12 minute highlight film I posted. They have work to do on defense.

Who thought we would be fretting over the defense 3 weeks into the season.

Collinsworth said it best, you go from a good to a great offense when every guy can win his 1 on 1 matchups, and this team is headed in that direction.

This was an abomination of offense before..........so to get this type of production is fantastic. Great additions, Snead has kicked ass. And the play design is SO dramatically different.

I say give Tavon the ball some more.

I would say that too, but the fact that a guy who is innovative on offense is barely using Austin means he is a bad fit for the master plan or he is being kept under wraps for now.

I think they will try to trade him away.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'll review this at the end of the season.
Just a week ago Woods should have been cut.
Now y'all be like -

kNow_f-maxage-0.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I care if he is making way too much.
If he's making so much vs the CAP it inhibits our ability to retain AD, Tru or at the end of the year Sammy, - I care.

What he's making this year has no effect on what those guys make next year.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
I'm pretty sure on most of Gurley's highlight runs, you'll see Tavon with a Jet Sweep fake.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think lack of touches is starting to get into his head or something. But in fairness he's not getting many opportunities. But out of the very few he got yesterday he scored..
For once we just have a lot of options.. Still believe he can make a big impact if given the chance. But I do agree you can't make any more ST screw ups.