Tavon Austin and Brian Quick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Austin is needing to stepp up and I am done with Quick. Guy project is not going to work.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Austin did show up, his team immediately took it away. Quick showed up too, looked good, in his second season and I'm not expecting him to blow it up immediately.

Sounds like you need to just take a pill with C-H-I-L-L on it in big bold letters.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
HometownBoy said:
Austin did show up, his team immediately took it away. Quick showed up too, looked good, in his second season and I'm not expecting him to blow it up immediately.

Sounds like you need to just take a pill with C-H-I-L-L on it in big bold letters.

Austin drop balls and quick just sucks.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
GreeneCounty said:
HometownBoy said:

WRs drop balls sometimes? Say it ain't so.

Quick just sucks, nice.. Good argument, good points, I didn't see it that way before, but you really opened my eyes with such a brilliant observation.

I understand, we're all upset, but some of you guys need to relax. You don't sound any better than the people at the PD.

A55VA6

Legend
Tavon returned a punt to the house... even though there was a penalty.. that's still something. And Tavon got I believe 6 catches. And whenever he takes a handoff it goes anywhere from 3 yards or more.

I still don't know about Quick. He has what you need to be great.. but it doesn't come out very much. I'm not going to get down on these guys right now.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I am not a Pettis fan. However, he did score a TD on a great catch. When he did I didn't yell "Woooo they scored" I yelled " Really, that's your plan? Pettis?"

I'm not sure but he may have dropped more than he caught. If he didn't, that wouldn't be what I perceived until today. There were so many dropped great passes... sick.

bluecoconuts

Legend
A55VA6 said:
Tavon returned a punt to the house... even though there was a penalty.. that's still something. And Tavon got I believe 6 catches. And whenever he takes a handoff it goes anywhere from 3 yards or more.

I still don't know about Quick. He has what you need to be great.. but it doesn't come out very much. I'm not going to get down on these guys right now.

He would have taken that to the house if there was no penalties which made it frustrating. The patience he had to sit back and wait to see what they would give him was very impressive.

RamzFanz

Damnit
A55VA6 said:

TA is an animal. The fact that he isn't exploding in games is directly associated to penalties by the ST, horrible play calling and design for him, and no freakin' blocking. On a good team with good blocking and play design, he would be explosive.

This use of him has sucked so hard, it's amazing he's done anything. A grade school football coach could make better use of him than this team. What a waste.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe I am just frustrated by the bad loss. TA doe sshow talent on NFL Level. Quick is not gonna work. You do not draft wr's with a 2nd rd pick to be a experiement.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
GreeneCounty said:
Maybe I am just frustrated by the bad loss. TA doe sshow talent on NFL Level. Quick is not gonna work. You do not draft wr's with a 2nd rd pick to be a experiement.

You could be right, GC. But... For me, at WR, I still have patience for Quick. Here's why;

1) It happens all the time in the NFL (WR's developing slowly)

2) He's progressing. I'll start to worry if I see his progress plateau before being a productive player.

3) He's working hard. We've not got an AJ Jenkins situation on our hands.

I'd just like to see him get more chances. Trial by fire when he's ready for those tests.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
CGI_Ram said:
GreeneCounty said:

You could be right, GC. But... For me, at WR, I still have patience for Quick. Here's why;

2) He's progressing. I'll start to worry if I see his progress plateau before being a productive player.

I'd just like to see him get more chances. Trial by fire when he's ready for those tests.

This, people always seem to think of WRs in terms of what they are after the develop, but nobody stops to look at what they were when they were developing.

If we all went by that standard we'd have no Torry Holts or Isaac Bruces, both of whom had abysmal, almost nonexistent first seasons before blowing up into the players that we know and love.

Quick didn't even have the pleasures of ironing out his failures and jitters on the field, he spent more time on the sideline than in the actual game. There's something to be said about studying the game yes, but at the end of the day nothing beats actual game experience. It teaches more than anybody can put into words.

I trust there's a reason why he's been kept under lock and key for so long and I trust they'll unleash him when he's ready.

To say he sucks when we've only seen limited doses of him is shortsighted and reactionary.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
HometownBoy said:
CGI_Ram said:
GreeneCounty said:

This, people always seem to think of WRs in terms of what they are after the develop, but nobody stops to look at what they were when they were developing.

If we all went by that standard we'd have no Torry Holts or Isaac Bruces, both of whom had abysmal, almost nonexistent first seasons before blowing up into the players that we know and love.

Quick didn't even have the pleasures of ironing out his failures and jitters on the field, he spent more time on the sideline than in the actual game. There's something to be said about studying the game yes, but at the end of the day nothing beats actual game experience. It teaches more than anybody can put into words.

I trust there's a reason why he's been kept under lock and key for so long and I trust they'll unleash him when he's ready.

To say he sucks when we've only seen limited doses of him is shortsighted and reactionary.

Torry Holts rookie nimbers were better than anyone on the rams rosters best season.

52 for 788 yards and 6 tds

If Quick had anything close to that...there would be no dropping of the "B" word.

In Holts second year he went 82 for 1635 for 6 tds.

Quick isn't really showing the progress expected from a player that has made the jump from year one to year two. To put that into perspective

Bruce in year
1: 21 for 272 and 3 tds
2: 119 for 1781 and 13 tds

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
HitStick said:
HometownBoy said:
CGI_Ram said:
GreeneCounty said:

Torry Holts rookie nimbers were better than anyone on the rams rosters best season.

If Quick had anything close to that...there would be no dropping of the "B" word.

Quick isn't really showing the progress expected from a player that has made the jump from year one to year two. To put that into perspective

Bruce in year

Quick only played in 3 games last year, he hardly got the same experience out of it as Bruce or Holt did. Compare to Holt who was in all 16 games of his first season and Bruce who played in 12.

As I said before, they had the benefit of playing games and gaining experience necessary to make the jump, what exactly do you think Quick could learn in 3 games? Not much in my opinion.

Expecting him to make the jump with 3 games under his belt is pretty outlandish don't you agree?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
HometownBoy said:
GreeneCounty said:
HometownBoy said:

WRs drop balls sometimes? Say it ain't so.

Quick just sucks, nice.. Good argument, good points, I didn't see it that way before, but you really opened my eyes with such a brilliant observation.

I understand, we're all upset, but some of you guys need to relax. You don't sound any better than the people at the PD.

See bolded.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
HitStick said:

Bruce in year

How about other examples;

Chris Carter (first 4 seasons <605 yards)... (6 seasons before his first 1000yd then 8 consecutive 1000yds)

Vincent Jackson (first 3 seasons <630 yards)

There is really no simple answer to this. It's a process. Does he have what it takes to progress? That's what the team needs to decide.

19 games into his career isn't enough in his case.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
HometownBoy said:
HitStick said:
HometownBoy said:
CGI_Ram said:
GreeneCounty said:

Bruce in year

Quick only played in 3 games last year, he hardly got the same experience out of it as Bruce or Holt did. Compare to Holt who was in all 16 games of his first season and Bruce who played in 12.

As I said before, they had the benefit of playing games and gaining experience necessary to make the jump, what exactly do you think Quick could learn in 3 games? Not much in my opinion.

Expecting him to make the jump with 3 games under his belt is pretty outlandish don't you agree?

Not sure where you got that. Quick played in 15 games last year.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/player/brianquick/2532933/profile" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/player/brianquick/2532933/profile</a>

I'd love Quick to break out; however, he hasn't done anything to show he can play at a high level.

At this point (still has 13 to 17 games to prove me wrong) if there is a Sammy Watkins/Marquise Lee sitting there...Quick wouldn't make me pass.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I guess we need a win badly it's getting snippy in here and our analyzing of what people perceive is happening to our team is becoming polarizing.
Tory Holts rookie year Abysmal? by what standards?
2-2 would be about a fair and realistic hope for the first 4 games, albeit even if we manage to win on Thursday we have been unimpressive at best.
I think we will need at least 8 games to fairly assess the Team, New players and the coaches

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
HitStick said:
HometownBoy said:
HitStick said:
HometownBoy said:
CGI_Ram said:
GreeneCounty said:

Bruce in year

Not sure where you got that. Quick played in 15 games last year.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/player/brianquick/2532933/profile" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/player/brianquick/2532933/profile</a>

I'd love Quick to break out; however, he hasn't done anything to show he can play at a high level.

At this point (still has 13 to 17 games to prove me wrong) if there is a Sammy Watkins/Marquise Lee sitting there...Quick wouldn't make me pass.

You have my apologizes, I read the stat line wrong and put his 2013 games in place of his 2012.

As for playing in a high level, he hasn't shown anything because he hasn't been given much of an opportunity. Last year he was only targeted 27 times. The times he saw most of his action? The Patriots, Packers and Vikings games. In most cases he was only targeted 1 or 2 times a game. See for yourself: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.kffl.com/player/25854/nfl/utilization/brian-quick?uyear=2012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.kffl.com/player/25854/nfl/ut ... uyear=2012</a>

So basically he only ever really saw any sort of action in blowouts of no consequence. Quick hasn't really been given the chance to do anything, poor or otherwise.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Quick is one of the top athletes on the Rams. I have faith he will be a reliable receiver for seasons to come if they target him. It's too soon to judge him.