Tavon Austin (4.25 40?)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
If, Tavon Austin really just ran a 4.25 40 I think the Rams have to seriously consider drafting him (IF, he is even available!)!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I just watched that.

*drool*

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Uh oh.

Marquise Goodwin just matched it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
X said:
Uh oh.

Tyrone Goard just matched it.

Goard? Isn't he that 6'7" receiver from Eastern Carolina? If that's true...cue all of the teams scrambling to find his film.

Edit: Never mind, you meant Marquise Goodwin. But Goard did run a very nice 10-yard split: 1.27. That'll get him some more looks.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Memento said:
X said:
Uh oh.

Tyrone Goard just matched it.

Goard? Isn't he that 6'7" receiver from Eastern Carolina? If that's true...cue all of the teams scrambling to find his film.
No, no. I fouled up. It was Marquise Goodwin.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Austin looked more built then I expected. He came in and measured almost exactly the same as Dexter McCluster and has been compared to him. Dexter was and is a twig. Austin looks more like a Percy Harvin but faster :shock:

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can you imagine teams trying to cover Austin, Givens, Quick and hopefully Amendola? Austin and Givens would give opposing defenses some major Headaches!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I've had a man-crush on Austin for many weeks now.

I'm worried he won't last to 22.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I <3 Tavon. X and I are already on that bandwagon, time for the rest of you to be assimilated.....

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Faceplant said:
I <3 Tavon. X and I are already on that bandwagon, time for the rest of you to be assimilated.....

I am ON your bandwagon! But, I am beginning to think Austin might not even make it to 16! It won't surprise me to see some team like the Patriots try to move up to get him.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'm on the Austin train. Said it before, he's a friggin joystick in cleats. I think he's perfect for our needs.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
CGI_Ram said:
I've had a man-crush on Austin for many weeks now.

I'm worried he won't last to 22.

I know bro, it wasn't long ago most thought he was a reach in round one. I wanted it to stay that way :fk:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
paceram said:
Faceplant said:

I am ON your bandwagon! But, I am beginning to think Austin might not even make it to 16! It won't surprise me to see some team like the Patriots try to move up to get him.

*Sigh* You may be right. Teams do their homework, and I would imagine quite a few GMs have noticed that this kid is can be a game changer... At multiple positions.

Just listened to Mayock describing WR speed. I quote:

"If you're talking about 4.38 man, you're a fast human being, a world class fast human being...............

4.25 is stupid."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[nfl]0ap2000000144611[/nfl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000144611/A-day-at-the-races" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0a ... -the-races</a>

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I like Tavon Austin, he is a playmaker, but I think 16 might still be a reach for him. 20-30 is about right.

Ultimately he is a complementary space player. He isnt a guy that will line up and dominate outside the numbers. That's what teams like in the first round. You also have to consider the other options in this draft. It is very deep on the defensive side of the ball. Along the o-line too. Those are premium positions when compared to a slot WR.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
libertadrocks said:
I like Tavon Austin, he is a playmaker, but I think 16 might still be a reach for him. 20-30 is about right.

Ultimately he is a complementary space player. He isnt a guy that will line up and dominate outside the numbers. That's what teams like in the first round. You also have to consider the other options in this draft. It is very deep on the defensive side of the ball. Along the o-line too. Those are premium positions when compared to a slot WR.
But there's the rub. The Rams have 16 and 22. What if they really covet the guy?

16 is where they'll have to get him according to your rankings. Again *IF* they really want him, do they take a chance he makes it past Pittsburgh, Dallas, New York, Chicago, and Cincinnati? Never mind other teams trading up to nab him somewhere between 16 and 22.

One last thought about where he ranks. How would we feel if he ended up in, say, Arizona?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If the Rams lose Danny Amendola then I take him at 22, I don't take him higher than that.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm taking Austin at 16.

Ertz at 22.

Instant offense! Problem: solved.

:shock: