Target sues hero who saved girl from store stabber

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Target, already under fire for opening bathrooms to those of either sex, is poised to face even greater public condemnation for a lawsuit it launched against a man who saved a 16-year-old girl from a stabbing attack at one store, claiming he actually acted irresponsibly.

The case targets Michael Turner, who in 2013 grabbed a baseball bat and chased a man, Leon Walls, who was stabbing at Allison Meadows, out of one of Target’s stores in Pennsylvania. Walls, 44 at the time, was later convicted of a criminal assault but found mentally ill, as WND previously reported.

On Monday, in a courtroom in downtown Pittsburgh, jury selection will take place in Target’s civil lawsuit against Turner.

Security footage showed Turner’s heroic actions during the attack, with many suggesting Meadows wouldn’t have survived had he and his friends not intervened. And the family of the teen then sued the store, saying it did not have enough security on hand to deal with such incidents.

The video, without sound since it’s from a surveillance camera in the store:
http://www.wnd.com/2016/05/target-sues-hero-who-saved-girl-from-store-stabber/?cat_orig=money

“He just kept screaming, ‘I’ll stab her again.’ He kept stabbing her. Me and like four or five other guys, they ran and tackled him. He cut the one guy’s lip almost off. The other guy’s finger was, like, hanging off,” said a witness.

But now Target has turned around and kicked off a suit against Turner, saying he acted in a manner that was unsafe and irresponsible. Target’s position is that Turner and his friends had a violent encounter with Walls on the street and they chased him into the store.

The Meadows family attorney, however, calls the suit ludicrous.

“Suing Michael Turner is just Target’s way of trying to blame someone else for what happened under their own roof,” the attorney said, the Federalist reported. “The family certainly doesn’t blame Mr. Turner and they are thankful he was there that day.”

Meadows, from Tennessee, had been visiting in 2013 with other family members a relative who was in Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh after a multiple organ transplant. She had surgery for her wounds and to restore air to a collapsed lung.

At the time, her father, Glen Meadows, told reporters, “For even people of great faith, it’s hard to explain why things like this happen.”

He thanked the “great citizens of Pittsburgh” and recalled the moments when he was able to thank “these guys that jumped in.”

“It was really moving to be able to shake hands with the person who was there on my behalf and stepped in, put their (lives) on the line, and for my daughter, it was incredibly moving experience,” added Meadows. “Even though it happened, we’re really grateful God spared her life by the fact these guys just jumped into a fight that really wasn’t theirs and, you know, they jumped into a fight that literally saved my daughter’s life.”

Target, as WND reported, has lost financially from its opening of men’s bathrooms to women, and women’s bathrooms to men, as a means of pacifying transgenders. More than one million Americans have signed on to a boycott from the American Family Association, and in the days that followed, Target stock dropped from $83.98 per share to $81.33 per share.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/05/target-sues-hero-who-saved-girl-from-store-stabber/#8286it5y4otuEIHv.99

fearsomefour

Legend
Target should just stick to what it does best....letting millions of peoples private financial information get hacked.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
What a shitstorm Target has become lately.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is like watching the slow death/suicide of a major retail outlet.....:thinking:
My Wife works for Target. And, from the stories I here from her, THIS^, is putting it mildly! They are very poorly operated from the Top down!
And as a retired retail store Manager, I know BAD when I see it! (y)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Target’s position is that Turner and his friends had a violent encounter with Walls on the street and they chased him into the store.

The Meadows family attorney, however, calls the suit ludicrous.

If that is true, Target has got a valid point. If the man chased the stabber into the store he did put the other people and workers in there at risk.

Also attorneys. Always trustworthy people.

Not taking sides here but these articles always like to pile on the big player, rather than looking at both sides equally.

I am on Target's side over the bathroom thing. It's probably the stupidest "controversy" I've been following. Like what were trans-gendered people doing before this? Also, why do parents let their kiddies go into the bathroom by themselves in a public place? Creepos are everywhere: schools, Subway, churches, etc. But oh no, you can't let a trans-gendered person pee in fuckin Target. THAT'LL STOP IT. Damnit, this sort of thinking enrages me.

Finally, this whole Target going into ruin thing is a bunch of bullshit. I was there this past weekend. Packed. Whole families going about their day. No one cared about these stupid issues that shouldn't even be issues.

Athos

Legend
Was gonna post, then @Angry Ram stole my post. Well said, brother.

Doubtful Target makes that claim of the guys chasing the stabber inside without some kind of proof. Cuz that'd just be a weak ass suit off the bat.

I mean... If the stabber really has mental health issues....

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
More information...

Target sues Michael Turner, man who rescued teen stabbing victim
MONDAY, MAY 23, 2016
BY CORY ZUROWSKI

http://www.citypages.com/news/targe...-man-who-rescued-teen-stabbing-victim-8292142

The homeless man with a long history of mental illness and criminal malfeasance had retreated there after getting into a fight with several men minutes earlier.

Walls' combatants, Jobe Wright and Michael Turner, followed him into Target and confronted him.

Allegheny County Judge Donna Jo McDaniel sentenced Walls to 10 to 20 years, recommending he serve the time in a mental health lockdown facility.

Last summer, Turner explained to KDKA the events preceding Walls' attack inside the store.

“At this point, we were standing on Highland Avenue, and then that’s when Walls attacked Jobe Wright," Turner told Waters. "At that point, Roland Smith and Tyreek Walker pursued behind him. At this point, I get in a car with Jobe Wright."

According to Turner, they set off to find Walls. When they arrived at Target, another friend emerged from the store, saying, "He’s in there.”

Turner entered Target carrying a baseball bat. He soon located Walls. The two exchanged words. That's when Walls grabbed Meadows, a bystander who was shopping nearby.

Target alleges if it had not been for Turner going after Walls with a bat, Meadows would never have been stabbed.

“Well, if the guy hadn’t gone on a stabbing spree, we wouldn’t be standing here talking either. So, they’re not looking at that,” said Turner.

Target also named Smith, Wright, and Walls as defendants.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
More information...

Target sues Michael Turner, man who rescued teen stabbing victim
MONDAY, MAY 23, 2016
BY CORY ZUROWSKI

http://www.citypages.com/news/targe...-man-who-rescued-teen-stabbing-victim-8292142

The homeless man with a long history of mental illness and criminal malfeasance had retreated there after getting into a fight with several men minutes earlier.

Walls' combatants, Jobe Wright and Michael Turner, followed him into Target and confronted him.

Allegheny County Judge Donna Jo McDaniel sentenced Walls to 10 to 20 years, recommending he serve the time in a mental health lockdown facility.

Last summer, Turner explained to KDKA the events preceding Walls' attack inside the store.

“At this point, we were standing on Highland Avenue, and then that’s when Walls attacked Jobe Wright," Turner told Waters. "At that point, Roland Smith and Tyreek Walker pursued behind him. At this point, I get in a car with Jobe Wright."

According to Turner, they set off to find Walls. When they arrived at Target, another friend emerged from the store, saying, "He’s in there.”

Turner entered Target carrying a baseball bat. He soon located Walls. The two exchanged words. That's when Walls grabbed Meadows, a bystander who was shopping nearby.

Target alleges if it had not been for Turner going after Walls with a bat, Meadows would never have been stabbed.

“Well, if the guy hadn’t gone on a stabbing spree, we wouldn’t be standing here talking either. So, they’re not looking at that,” said Turner.

Target also named Smith, Wright, and Walls as defendants.

Target could be right, but proving anything like this is court is nearly impossible. "What if's" don't hold water.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Which changes nothing in terms of Walls' assault on the young girl. Give him a nice home in prison.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Which changes nothing in terms of Walls' assault on the young girl. Give him a nice home in prison.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler

This sounds more like they followed the guy into the store, rather than chased him in there.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
This sounds more like they followed the guy into the store, rather than chased him in there.
Exactly. Who is actually buying the contorted Target logic- kind of a reverse "OJ defense"?

The lack of moral clarity here is alarming. Once again, the mental disorder that is POLITICAL CORRECTNESS is not just annoying. It is dangerous.

Bad is good. Good is bad. Victims and heroes must be attacked. The bad guys, the confused and the lazy must be catered to!

Give Pedophiles license to go into the girls room, then flash their TRANSGENDER card when confronted. Yes. It is happening. We are so progressive now!

Let's next enact Sharia Law in all of our cities to show support to our peaceful Muslim friends!

This is the natural reaping of what we have sown. We need to grow a pair.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Give Pedophiles license to go into the girls room, then flash their TRANSGENDER card when confronted. Yes. It is happening. We are so progressive now!

Right. Because changing bathroom policies at department stores will stop it. Never mind the creepy teachers looking at young girls' skirts, or having sex with underage girls AND boys. Or the priests. Or the neighbor. Or anyone, really.

Hey, maybe we should ban bathrooms in schools too http://fox5sandiego.com/2016/05/24/...h-as-many-as-2-dozen-boys-in-school-bathroom/

Let's next enact Sharia Law in all of our cities to show support to our peaceful Muslim friends!

Oh come on man. Is this really necessary here?

This is the natural reaping of what we have sown. We need to grow a pair.

And deny people to go pee because of paranoia?

Either way, if that story has any merit, Target still has a point. You still can't put other bystanders in danger in public. Heroic or otherwise, it might have been avoided if they didn't confront him.

Last edited:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Right. Because changing bathroom policies at department stores will stop it. Never mind the creepy teachers looking at young girls' skirts, or having sex with underage girls AND boys. Or the priests. Or the neighbor. Or anyone, really.

Hey, maybe we should ban bathrooms in schools too http://fox5sandiego.com/2016/05/24/...h-as-many-as-2-dozen-boys-in-school-bathroom/

Oh come on man. Is this really necessary here?

And deny people to go pee because of paranoia?

Either way, if that story has any merit, Target still has a point. You still can't put other bystanders in danger in public. Heroic or otherwise, it might have been avoided if they didn't confront him.
We're just going to disagree dude. You can throw up all the straw men you want. Are you saying transgendered people have been walking around town holding in their pee, because they are too self conscious to walk into the right bathroom? I call bs.

And should the heroes have just watched that girl get stabbed to death? Maybe even pull out their phones and get a "homocide selfie"?

Lord help me if I ever become "open minded".

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Give Pedophiles license to go into the girls room, then flash their TRANSGENDER card when confronted. Yes. It is happening. We are so progressive now.

I'm male-to-female transgendered, and I'm far from being a pedophile. In addition, I don't think that you realize how painful it is to be trans. You're hated for trying to be yourself, disowned by family (like I have been), even beaten, murdered, and driven to suicide in some cases. And the real reason why transgendered people want to use the bathroom of their true gender is because they feel uncomfortable in the bathroom of their birth sex.

Pedophiles would try to get in regardless of trans laws. And I am not a pedophile.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I'm male-to-female transgendered, and I'm far from being a pedophile. In addition, I don't think that you realize how painful it is to be trans. You're hated for trying to be yourself, disowned by family (like I have been), even beaten, murdered, and driven to suicide in some cases. And the real reason why transgendered people want to use the bathroom of their true gender is because they feel uncomfortable in the bathroom of their birth sex.

Pedophiles would try to get in regardless of trans laws. And I am not a pedophile.
I know you are Mem. I thought you might weigh in. I get that you struggle with stuff. I don't have any animosity or hatred toward anyone. I wish you joy and love in your life.

Wait, so are you living as a guy or a girl? And which bathroom do you prefer? I'm not clear. You're bearded like a guy right? So do you go in the women's room or the men's room?

If you look like a man, I think you should go in the men's room. Is that what you do? I sincerely want to know for clarity.

The point is not you. It is that a policy like this sets about unforeseen consequences. I don't think you are a pedophile. Predators are real, however. NAMBLA is real. Unfortunately, they are clever.

Your slight discomfort as a <1% minority is not worth risking the greater good.

Beyond this we can IM if you'd like. Thanks for your thoughtful response. I am just being honest.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This thread is heading off into a divisive area and not much good will come of it if it continues. From our Terms and Rules section:

8. Comments dealing with or about religion, politics and racism are not allowed. This includes remarks on issues and people related to these topics as well.

http://www.ramsondemand.com/help/terms

Status
Not open for further replies.