Tanzel Smart... Dude is D'Marco Jr!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I really like this guy, seems like an honest dude - love the fact he's been putting in extra hours in training too...

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Now thats funny. I thought the same thing when I saw this interview!! Great minds!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Great Kid, I tip my cap to his mother & Grandmother, they raised him right. Also good to hear things about the defensive line coach Bill Johnson, he's the antithesis of Mike Waufle as Johnson's coaching style very close to Wade Phillips and Wade really wanted Johnson so the vibe from Smart is good all the way around, thanks for posting @Merlin

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It even sounds like they are saying the same things about him that they did about DeMarco, when he came out. Too small, short wing span, etc!
I hope he does what Farr did, and takes up Karate to help him improve on his hand use!!

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's uncanny...
2558199.jpg
dfarr-e1470337269570.jpg

I hope he sticks, sounds like a smart kid.:sneaky:

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Great Kid, I tip my cap to his mother & Grandmother, they raised him right. Also good to hear things about the defensive line coach Bill Johnson, he's the antithesis of Mike Waufle as Johnson's coaching style very close to Wade Phillips and Wade really wanted Johnson so the vibe from Smart is good all the way around, thanks for posting @Merlin

You mean he doesn't throw crumpled paper at them? How are they gonna learn??! :LOL:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
love the fact he's been putting in extra hours in training too..
Man, they brought in a boatload of talent at the front 3 (DT & 2 DE's)....those last 2 FA signings...guy from W. Kentucky I believe...and Mississippi St. Plus the leftovers...Fox, LTP, Westbrooks...and a few others..Competition at these spots is tough.

Question....How many of these guys, DL's, do 3-4 teams usually keep? I'm guessing 6 but that seems light...

Ram65

Legend
Hard worker that loves football and family. "Always a work horse". Got to love the big heart. Shows some discipline with food too. D'Marco look a like is amazing.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Man, they brought in a boatload of talent at the front 3 (DT & 2 DE's)....those last 2 FA signings...guy from W. Kentucky I believe...and Mississippi St. Plus the leftovers...Fox, LTP, Westbrooks...and a few others..Competition at these spots is tough.

Question....How many of these guys, DL's, do 3-4 teams usually keep? I'm guessing 6 but that seems light...

Looking at Wade's last 5 tenures at DC he's rolled with the following:

2016 - Denver held 6 guys last season + 1 on IR + 2 on the practice squad
2015 - Denver held 6 guys + 1 on IR + 1 on the practice squad
2013 - Houston held 6 guys + 0 on IR + 1 on the practice squad
2012 - Houston held 6 guys + 2 on IR + 1 on the practice squad
2011 - Houston held 6 guys + 1 on IR + 0 on the practice squad

We're up for a battle for places for sure!

fearsomefour

Legend
You mean he doesn't throw crumpled paper at them? How are they gonna learn??! :LOL:
Yeah Waufle is a bit of a douche.
He got results however and I'm sure he knew what he was doing.
The whole putting on airs as the toughest guy in the room, yeah, we all got it. That stuff is great with younger guys maybe but dealing with grown men, you know, F off. Not very respectful and I'm sure gets old.
We all know his history....and I have no doubt he would crank it up for cameras.....but the guys fighting for a job, doing the actual work and dealing with injuries don't give an F about what a badass he was 30 years ago.