Tampa Bay to look at pick #2?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
There aren’t all that many juicy rumors flying as the draft approaches. But here’s a good one.

There’s chatter in league circles that the Buccaneers could end up being the team that moves up to No. 2 from No. 7.

It’s unclear what it would take to make the leap by five spots. It’s also unclear who/whom/whatever the Bucs would target with the second pick.

After the trade of receiver Mike Williams and the age (31) of Vincent Jackson, the Bucs could use a receiver like Sammy Watkins. But then there’s Johnny Manziel, who with a stout Lovie Smith defense would be fascinating in Tampa.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/06/rumors-fly-that-bucs-are-trying-to-move-up-to-no-2/

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Better be damn good compensation to move out of the top 6, I don't like it we miss out on one of the blue chip talents possibly...

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Clowney
Robinson
Mack
Watkins
Matthews
Evans
Lewan
Donald
Manziel

-- seems safe to trade down to 7 to me

Memphis Ram

Legend
FYI, the Bucs only have six 2014 draft choices now.

But, I guess the deal could include QB Mike Glennon.

Last edited:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
7, 38, and next years #1 get its done, doesn't it?

FRO

Legend
I would settle for 7, 38, and a 2014 second at this point. I think Manziel would go 2, 3, or 4. Don't see him dropping to 7.

Clowney
Watkins
Mack
Manziel
?
Robinson
Matthews at 7.

tbux

Rookie
Bucs will not trade up- trust me- live in Tampa- they want picks, they wont give any up.

tbux

Rookie
Hope you are wrong sir.

not me- I don't want to dip to 7- because that could shut us out of the 5 elite players in this draft. But again, living here and listening to all the people connected to the Bucs (not that it means much) nobody here seems to think this is possible- nor do I. Not enough picks to give and they are trying to build, and need picks to do it. no way. don't see it.

FRO

Legend
not me- I don't want to dip to 7- because that could shut us out of the 5 elite players in this draft. But again, living here and listening to all the people connected to the Bucs (not that it means much) nobody here seems to think this is possible- nor do I. Not enough picks to give and they are trying to build, and need picks to do it. no way. don't see it.
The Rams feel there are 6 elite prospects in this draft. None of those 6 players happen to be a QB. So if one QB goes in the top 6, then you still get an elite player.

tbux

Rookie
The Rams feel there are 6 elite prospects in this draft. None of those 6 players happen to be a QB. So if one QB goes in the top 6, then you still get an elite player.

maybe- but again I think its all a moot point - I would be shocked if the Bucs trade up- very doubtful imo.

A55VA6

Legend
Well Rams said today 6-8 players they feel could fit at 2. So I doubt they go down to 7. They'd pretty much have to take whoever is left up on their board.

V3

Hall of Fame
Well Rams said today 6-8 players they feel could fit at 2. So I doubt they go down to 7. They'd pretty much have to take whoever is left up on their board.

Isn't 7 less than 8?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wouldnt mind dropping to 7 and taking Mike Evans