Taking nominations, worst ref call (or non-call) of the year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That OPI on Cook(SF game) wasn't a penalty in any universe.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I'd also have to go with the Cook OPI as well. But I think I've lost track at this point as there's been so many.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Dishonorable mention to the Dallas game, in particular the defensive holding call on Sims after he sacked Romo. That one was seriously heinous, as it would have put Dallas at 3rd and 21, deep in their own end. Instead, they got a first down out of it and we wound up with the ball much deeper in our own end.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The worst non call I've seen all year was in the Dallas Whiner game.

SF in the red zone at the end of the game. SF should have had a delay of game followed by a false start. Both on the same play. Neither were called and the whiners scored the winning td.

Unacceptable.

I know it wasn't one of our games, but an example that it's rampant all over the league. The refs are, without question, determining the outcome of games.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Give the James L's TD called back for forward progress being stopped. Mother of God...

Dishonorable mention- Gavin's PR TD. He never stepped out despite the whistle blowing and there was no block in the back.

Kendricks perfect block too

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
The Dallas game. That game significantly impacted both teams seasons. Dallas went on a run after that and is leading the division, and we would've had some momentum entering the toughest stretch of the season

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just stuck a fork in my eye after reading this thread

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Give the James L's TD called back for forward progress being stopped. Mother of God...

Dishonorable mention- Gavin's PR TD. He never stepped out despite the whistle blowing and there was no block in the back.

Kendricks perfect block too
James L is just as easily unlucky as Tavon(or Gavin in your case lol) he's had 3 defensive touchdowns called back. One vs Chicago last year on the Michael Brockers sack, one against Tampa Bay because of a penalty and the one vs the 49ers this year because the refs blow dick.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Jared Cook OPI...easily for me. There was nothing even remotely approaching OPI and then to add insult to injury, they called T.J. McDonald for defensive holding two series later when he did the same thing the DB did to Cook on that OPI play and Davis actually pushed off.

Not only did they blow the Cook call in embarrassing fashion but the same official looked like a total hypocrite when he called a similar play by the TE the opposite direction...and both calls happened to go against the Rams. What a freaking asshat.
This!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
James L is just as easily unlucky as Tavon(or Gavin in your case lol) he's had 3 defensive touchdowns called back. One vs Chicago last year on the Michael Brockers sack, one against Tampa Bay because of a penalty and the one vs the 49ers this year because the refs blow dick.

I also think Laurinaitis recovered the fumble with a clear path to the end-zone that Quinn forced against Minnesota in Week 1 that the refs claimed was an incomplete pass.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I have to go with the roughing call on Romo. Literally only laid a finger on his shoulder pad. This was on 3rd down where the Rams stopped them again and forced them to punt. After that call the Cowboys went down the field and scored starting their comeback. I really think that game is completely different if that call isn't made.

Memphis Ram

Legend
A pass play on 2 & 4 at the 4 yard line at the end of the game last week..............oh you said refs.:ROFLMAO:

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I also think Laurinaitis recovered the fumble with a clear path to the end-zone that Quinn forced against Minnesota in Week 1 that the refs claimed was an incomplete pass.

That annoyed me SO MUCH. I remember watching it going "I bet they blow this dead..." and lo and behold...

It stuck in my mind because exactly the same thing happened to us at Arizona the year before.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Cook's "OPI"
Sims "Roughing the Passer"
Kendricks "Illegal hit"
Multiple missed "muggings" on any LT blocking Quinn
McLeod's "Targeting" Hit (later determined by league officials as a legal hit)

SierraRam

Recreational User
Cook's "OPI"
Sims "Roughing the Passer"
Kendricks "Illegal hit"
Multiple missed "muggings" on any LT blocking Quinn
McLeod's "Targeting" Hit (later determined by league officials as a legal hit)

Fish needs to put together a compilation video and take it to the league titled, "WTF!"

Philly5

Rookie
Amazing how many of the really cr@p calls have come at critical points in games.

Reminds of the Wild Wings commercial where the ref has a pager.