Take Down of Schotty's Offense and Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
See how long THAT one stays up. :sleep:

RFIP

I can fill a small bus with fans on this board, just from Florida, who watch them all.

AND western PA too my friend!

This article is so full of crap it's not worth the hour it takes to read it. When someone states how hard it is to watch the Rams the article ENDS right there for me. If it was in print I'd wipe my ass with it!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I disregarded the Bradford mumbling, but some of the critique on Schotty rang true to a degree. Schotty calls a good run game and all that, but he does box things in too tight at times with his routes, too much traffic and to close to the line.Everything is flat with no angle. He needs work at clearing out areas with the first guy through. TA mystified him till later in the season when the light bulb came on that TA was really fast and they could send him downtown and nothing bad would happen.
All of that's fixable.
People talk about trust between the QB and his receivers, but it more of a case of the OC trusting his players.

iced

I love Schotty's blocking scheme and his creativity to get playmakers involved when it comes to rushing the ball - when it comes to scheming passing routes and getting guys open, that's a different story..

And the Rams for some reason love those rub plays - perhaps a contributing factor into bradfords low YPA?

moklerman

Warner-phile
What is Schotty's offense? Sure, it's been rather conservative at times but how often has he really had a QB and receivers to really throw the ball? Last year, once they got the running game going and adjusted their approach back to more of what Schotty does(he's not really known for his spread schemes as far as I know), look at those 3 games. Even with Clemens the offense was perked up with better players in place.

Look at what "his" offense was doing in 2008 with Favre(before he got hurt) at QB: 32.1 points per game, Favre was completing 70.6% of his passes for a 94.1 rating. And that was with no training camp and the circus surrounding his signing.

His teams scored 316, 268, 405, 348, 366 and 377 in NY. That's an average of 347 ppy. The first year he leaves NY, they score 281 and then 290. His first year in St. Louis the team went from 193(Good God!) to 299. 106 point differential's pretty significant. Last year, they put up 348 with the horrendous start and Bradford missing half the year.

A little o-line health and continuity and Stacy continuing to provide a viable running game and this offense should be playoff caliber.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

This article is so full of crap it's not worth the hour it takes to read it. When someone states how hard it is to watch the Rams the article ENDS right there for me. If it was in print I'd wipe my ass with it!
Right there with ya on that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What is Schotty's offense? Sure, it's been rather conservative at times but how often has he really had a QB and receivers to really throw the ball? Last year, once they got the running game going and adjusted their approach back to more of what Schotty does(he's not really known for his spread schemes as far as I know), look at those 3 games. Even with Clemens the offense was perked up with better players in place.

Look at what "his" offense was doing in 2008 with Favre(before he got hurt) at QB: 32.1 points per game, Favre was completing 70.6% of his passes for a 94.1 rating. And that was with no training camp and the circus surrounding his signing.

His teams scored 316, 268, 405, 348, 366 and 377 in NY. That's an average of 347 ppy. The first year he leaves NY, they score 281 and then 290. His first year in St. Louis the team went from 193(Good God!) to 299. 106 point differential's pretty significant. Last year, they put up 348 with the horrendous start and Bradford missing half the year.

A little o-line health and continuity and Stacy continuing to provide a viable running game and this offense should be playoff caliber.
Hope you're right man. I was very critical of Schotty early on. I am not sure what changed things in this offense - but it DID for the most part get better. Hopefully - like you showed - we will see numbers more like what he has had in the past. I honestly knew virtually nothing about the guy before he came here. Not sure whose idea it was to go spread. Seems to me that we had most of the parts for it to be successful minus maybe mobile O-linemen.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny

I'm a little leery when it comes to having Schotty's back, but this is a pretty damn good post right here.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I know, right? Stupid company. If I wasn't the owner, I'd kick his ass for working me like this.

Oh, you knew I'd go here.

Don't worry about it, man. You could gut this guy with a sponge, if you had the time.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

:whistle:

wrstdude

Rookie
Tanier is on CBS 920 this morning-can't listen right now, but they'll have the segment up later today.