Take Down of Schotty's Offense and Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
This article lost me when the author wrote Sam Bradford tripped over "Chris Long's" feet..................:confused:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Is it just me? Sam did great at OU in an uptempo no huddle defense. The few time the Rams ran a uptempo no huddle Sam did great. The only problem was we were behind by 3 TD's. Why not open a game with an uptempo no huddle offense once in a while. Surprise them! I'm not saying run it all the time, but I think Schotty should call an offense that plays towards Sam Bradfords strengths.

That's a sentiment that's been echoed several times. I think Fisher wants to dictate the game flow with the old ground and pound attack though.

PhxRam

That's a sentiment that's been echoed several times. I think Fisher wants to dictate the game flow with the old ground and pound attack though.

Then why did we start out the year like we were the Dan Fouts led San Diego Chargers?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Sam does seem to be overprotective with his passes. It's good to protect the ball, but in the NFL there are many times that the ball needs to be thrown when the WR is still covered. I have always blamed this on Spags and his one on one defensive meetings with Sam during his 1st few years in the league. Sam was taught to play too defensively by a defensive coach... The results seem to be causing Sam to seemingly rely on the check-downs far too often,,, almost like he never expects the WRs down field to really be a consistent option.

Having said that, I must say that I do appreciate the way Sam protects the ball. There is real value in having a low interception number,,, but chances must be taken a little more than what I think Sam is comfortable with.

PhxRam

Sam does seem to be overprotective with his passes. It's good to protect the ball, but in the NFL there are many times that the ball needs to be thrown when the WR is still covered. I have always blamed this on Spags and his one on one defensive meetings with Sam during his 1st few years in the league. Sam was taught to play too defensively by a defensive coach... The results seem to be causing Sam to seemingly rely on the check-downs far too often,,, almost like he never expects the WRs down field to really be a consistent option.

Having said that, I must say that I do appreciate the way Sam protects the ball. There is real value in having a low interception number,,, but chances must be taken a little more than what I think Sam is comfortable with.

I wonder how much it has to do with Bradford having faith in a guy. When he finds a "favorite" he WILL find a way to get them the ball.

iced

I wonder how much it has to do with Bradford having faith in a guy. When he finds a "favorite" he WILL find a way to get them the ball.

he targeted brandon lloyd a lot...

he was the best receiver the rams has had in 6 years - a starting caliber receiver can do wonders for a qb

PhxRam

he targeted brandon lloyd a lot...

he was the best receiver the rams has had in 6 years - a starting caliber receiver can do wonders for a qb

A starting #1 or any of the receiver positions?

He targeted Amendola a lot and he is not a #1. When Danny made his annual trip to IR he then targeted Gibson quite frequently and he is not a #1 either.

iced

A starting #1 or any of the receiver positions?

He targeted Amendola a lot and he is not a #1. When Danny made his annual trip to IR he then targeted Gibson quite frequently and he is not a #1 either.

yet look at llyod's production with Less games vs receivers with a whole season.

And Amendola is a good receiver - if he could stay healthy...

PhxRam

yet look at llyod's production with Less games vs receivers with a whole season.

And Amendola is a good receiver - if he could stay healthy...

I agree they are good receivers but i guess my point is this.. You can have all the talent in the world but if Bradford doesnt believe in you, you wont be getting the lions share of the pass attempts.

iced

I agree they are good receivers but i guess my point is this.. You can have all the talent in the world but if Bradford doesnt believe in you, you wont be getting the lions share of the pass attempts.

I agree - but look at the players he trusted.. guys that actually get open, seperate.. clayton, lloyd, amendola.. outside tavon i doubt there's anyone he truly trusts in that kind of regard

PhxRam

I agree - but look at the players he trusted.. guys that actually get open, seperate.. clayton, lloyd, amendola.. outside tavon i doubt there's anyone he truly trusts in that kind of regard

You always seem to leave out Gibson.. lol

PhxRam

Better off paying a rookie who has a better chance of being on the active roster at the end of the year.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
The author, Mike Tanier, has been a Bradford hater. I don't why, but it's been kinda weird with him for a while now.

Last year in the Football Outsiders Almanac, he wrote this....
Three years into his NFL career, Sam Bradford has been pretty good at avoiding interceptions, and pretty bad at everything else. Recent quarterbacks who fit that description include Jason Campbell, Byron Leftwich, and Charlie Batch, which suggests that Bradford is a black quarterback who will settle into a long but undistinguished career as a backup.

Maybe Tanier doesn't even have a reason for bashing Bradford. But he sure is a jerk about it.

iced

Better off paying a rookie who has a better chance of being on the active roster at the end of the year.

...ok?

my point was the difference a receiver like one of those 3 makes - they don't have to be a "#1" receiver to improve this offense, all they gotta be is starting quality.

and how bradford (like any other qb) looks when they have talent around them vs when they don't is night and day.

Even the wonderful Brady sure looked like crap early on the in the season without his weapons