1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Take a sample Wonderlic test/Manziel aces it

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by Prime Time, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

I'd say you at least close to right about that,maybe not 100% but most probably have 1-3 grade reading skills and have been passed to keep them on the field.

ChrisW likes this.
  2. Prime Time RODerator

Prime Time's 7 Question Test For College Players Who Want To Be Drafted By The NFL

*You must get 100% correct* (Hint: the correct answer to all 7 questions is (c)
    ------------------------------------------------------
    1. If you get drunk you should -

a) head to a liquor store or bar and get more booze
    b) insist that you're perfectly capable of driving yourself home safely and drive away
    c) have someone sober drive you home or call a cab

2. If someone offers you a joint or other drug, you should -

a) say "Why yes, I don't mind if I do"
    b) ask them to call their connection and get more stuff
    c) politely decline and get the heck out of there

3. The best place to spend your time before the draft is -

a) at a strip club
    b) cruising seedy neighborhoods soliciting prostitutes
    c) at home resting or at the gym working out

4. When someone insults or threatens you, you should -

a) step outside and duke it out with him to prove your manhood
    b) pull out your piece and wave it around while making threats
    c) leave in a hurry

5. When asked questions by the media about current or past NFL players, you should -

a) brag about how much better you will be than them
    b) say "Who?"
    c) answer with respect and humility that you will work hard and hope to be as good as them

6. To protect yourself from injury and the possibility of losing millions of dollars, you should -

a) participate in as many pick-up basketball games as you can
    b) Try hang gliding or go running with the bulls in Pamplona
    c) Get plenty of rest and eat the right foods

7. To protect your reputation -

a) sign up with Twitter or Facebook and get into feuds with others
    b) make divisive comments about hot political or social topics to pee pee lots of people off
    c) keep a low profile
    ---------------------------------------------------

Mojo Ram, kurtfaulk and RamFan503 like this.
  3. kurtfaulk Well-Known Member

are you saying inner city low income kids are incapable of learning basic maths and english? isn't that being a tad racist?

4. RamsOfCastamere Well-Known Member

Anyone else answer A for almost all of them?

Leagueofshadows, Alan and LesBaker like this.
  5. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

I took less than two minutes to do the sample test and missed #6 due to brain fart and #12 due to just being way the hell off. I guessed June.o_O

So there's a 13 if I didn't even take the rest of the test. Eat it Marino.

6. LesBaker Mr. Savant

Nah, the pattern is poorly educated people don't score well. All of the people taking the test for the NFL are college educated for at least three years. It's biased against stupidity, not against race or economics. Plenty of poor inner city kids have kicked ass on the test because they weren't dumbasses.

Go take it and if you don't agree that an average Jr. High student could cop a 20 then we can discuss it further. The Wonderlic test is not so difficult that getting out of the teens and into the twenties on your score is a monumental cognitive feat.

7. LesBaker Mr. Savant

So because they didn't have a saucer or coaster they didn't know what it was?

I don't have hemorrhoids, but I know what they are. :whistle:

RamFan503 likes this.
  8. LesBaker Mr. Savant

Nope I was split on the seven questions between A and B.

Half A, half B. :cautious:

9. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

Same debate every year:eek:

10. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Thordaddy likes this.
  11. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Answered for what I'd do as a 21 year old.

RamFan503 likes this.
  12. Prime Time RODerator

Oh absolutely! I did everything on that list wrong while in my 20's. It cost me two marriages and my health to learn those lessons. Would I have done everything right when facing the possibility of a potential contract with an NFL team and the opportunity to pursue my dream? I don't know for sure. But here's hoping that these young men awaiting the draft have someone in their life who can advise them so they'll stay out of trouble. That's a whole lot more important than acing the Wonderlic test.

13. Stranger How big is infinity?

Okay, that's a good one. So, say I have different ability to gain and apply different tasks than you do. Who decides whose ability is "intelligent" and whose ability is not intelligent? Or, who decides which tasks completed quickly determine intelligence?

14. Stranger How big is infinity?

I don't understand the point being made here?

15. Stranger How big is infinity?

No, I'm saying that at all. I'm saying everyone learns different things differently, whatever that may be. I'm not qualifying or judging what that is. My view is absolutely every human being is intelligent, especially in the areas that they have had personal experiences. I don't buy into the societal notion that some of us are more intelligent then others. In fact, I don't even agree with the difinitions of "intelligent" as most people understand it. I think the entire concept is bogus.

So, I see the Wonderlick as trying to;

1. communicate a specific set of questions asked within a specific context, irrespective of someones experiences;
    2. define ones "intelligence" by the number of tester's answers that agree with the test's creators.

In reality all it does it determine how monolithic the testers are, that's all.... or how well the testers backgrounds & experiences align with the wishes of the test's creator. It's an utterly irrelevant exercise that incorrectly labels people while unfairly elevating some and disenfranchising others.

For example, Tavon is a brilliant kid. I saw that in his very first interview, it was obvious. Does anyone really disagree with this, as we've all seen him interviewed numerous times. I'd employ that kid in a heartbeat.

16. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

My point is that it is a bullcrap statement meant to show that the IQ test is inherently racist. I have found nothing that says this question ever actually existed on an IQ test. And yet, it is used as an example of just that. Never mind that people know about a lot of things they've never seen or used, it is bullcrap to use a false assertion to back up a point. You might as well say that the test included such questions as - Jimmy has a Mercedes. Do the doors have Walnut or Oak inlays? and therefore is clearly racist.

Point to a specific example? OK. And I'm not even saying there aren't such examples. I just get tired of people throwing BS internet lore out there to back up some kind of assertion. It eventually (as in this case) becomes passed on as an actual fact. That's what I would call "bullcrap".

17. The Rammer ESPN Draft Guru

I wish I could of taken the Wonderlic to get into Harvard! ;)

18. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Harvard you say?:confused:

Mojo Ram and The Rammer like this.
  19. Stranger How big is infinity?

I don't think tests are inherently racists, but they are most certainly inherently biased to a group of testers who are most closely aligned to the test creators.

I'd actually say that the moral is that one can not test intelligence across all economic levels because there are no set of questions that are equally common to people of all economic levels.

20. Stranger How big is infinity?

I agree with you that poorly educated people don't score well. Now, let's define "education" before we go any further. You wanna go first?