Take a sample Wonderlic test/Manziel aces it

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Sample Wonderlic Test
------------------------------

Manziel aces Wonderlic, relatively speaking
Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2014

manziel2.jpg
AP

Last year at this time, we officially exited the Wonderlic business. But every time we think we’re out, they pull us back in.

We continue to be out of the business of trying to discover Wonderlic scores. The test continues to have vague, at best, relevance to football ability; players approach the test with such a varying degree of care and preparation and attention that the double-digit result doesn’t really tell us anything.

But we continue to be intrigued by how the numbers get out. The NFL claims to regard data like the Wonderlic score as confidential, but the media company owned by the NFL reported earlier today that Johnny Manziel scored a 32 on the exam.

Albert Breer of NFL Media obtained Manziel’s score along with several other quarterback marks. Blake Bortles got a 28. Teddy Bridgewater scored a 20. And while Manziel has been touted by some as racking up the highest score of the incoming quarterback class, Jeff Matthews of Cornell (ever heard of it?) cracked open a 40.

The numbers are what they are, their meaning unknown and their impact on the football field unknowable. Does answering a question correctly in a classroom setting make a player more likely to remember the plays in his playbook? Does it make him more likely to remember the playbook when being chased by large men who intend to do him harm while simultaneously trying to determine whether the running back picked up the blitz and whether the primary receiver has gotten open and if not then the secondary receiver and if not then — by the way, where in the hell is the strong safety? — the tertiary receiver?

The ability to remain calm in the eye of a storm and then to deliver the ball through the eye of a needle represent talents more physical and emotional than intellectual. So what does it mean to score well or otherwise on the Wonderlic?

Ultimately, who the hell knows?

From a media standpoint, the question of whether Wonderlic scores should be obtained and reported remains almost as murky as their meaning. When the numbers are disseminated by the media company the league owns, the league risks being perceived as inconsistent or hypocritical. One on hand, the information must be handled with care. On the other hand, the league’s media wing can’t be competitive if it isn’t competing for the same type of information that other media companies are chasing.

Regardless, NFL Media is the NFL. And in 2012, Commissioner Roger Goodell warned that “significant discipline” will be imposed on any team that leaks the scores. While Goodell has no jurisdiction over outside reporters who obtain the information, he essentially signs the checks of the employees of NFL Media. Would it be right for Goodell to demand to know how a league employee got the information? Would it be wrong for the reporter to tell him?

It’s a multi-layered dilemma. A complex conundrum. A blended issue of journalism, ethical, and business considerations that could make for a good essay question to cap off the Wonderlic process.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I got a 50. I'm not trying to brag or anything. I did go to the school for the gifted and I am a doctor. But those questions are ridiculously easy. I weep for those who can't get above a 10

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I got a 50. I'm not trying to brag or anything. I did go to the school for the gifted and I am a doctor. But those questions are ridiculously easy. I weep for those who can't get above a 10

AJ green got a 10....Patrick Peterson got a 9...try not to cry too hard for them :p

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I changed the conditions of the test making it possible to get all the right answers
th

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
When I got the 48, it was for some stupid job, and I turned in the test and I said "I'm done". They told me no one had ever finished before, haha. They didn't hire me either, they probably thought I was overqualified.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I got a 50 without even taking the test. BOOM!! "drops mic"...walks off stage.

Actually, have done a few Wonderlics in the last few years for fun, always got 40+ using the time guidelines. The math problems always waste my time :(

But yea, how anyone gets a 10 or below is beyond me. If they just took there time and answered half the questions while working them out they would still get 20+.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a good score for a QB prospect but I don't consider a 32 out of 50 to be "acing" the test. I'd be quite angry at myself if I got a 32 out of 50. ;)

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I don't take tests based upon institutionalized schooling and rote learning.

jap

Legend
That's a good score for a QB prospect but I don't consider a 32 out of 50 to be "acing" the test. I'd be quite angry at myself if I got a 32 out of 50. ;)

That's 64% . . . failing!!!! Let's see how Johnny Football does with the field test every Sunday, especially if The Mighty Quinn and Chris Long has him in their crosshairs. :sneaky:

A 32? We need to draft this guy.

Wait Bradford got a 36, maybe we should stick with him.

Wait Fitzpatrick scored a 49? Trade our number 2 pick for him.

Tavon Austin scored a 7 :oops:.