Tahoe's humble first mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Ok guys this is my first attempt at a mock of what my ideal draft would be. Im not going to predict any free agent signings but in my mock the rams resign Barksdale and Britt along with restructure Long to play left guard and Bradford. Im focusing on offense with the defense being in really good shape.
First round: Kevin White wr
Second round: Bryce Petty qb
Third round: Max Garcia c
Fifth round: Rob Havenstein g/t
Sixth round comp pick: Damarious Randall s
Seventh round: Blake Bell te

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I like what you're doing here. Can I get Hogan in the 3rd and best available lineman in the 2nd.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I like it and think it is a believable draft. I am not the biggest Petty supporter but it really seems like Snead is gonna talk himself into some QB and I don't think Petty lasts until round 3.

I have always liked Havenstein and Garcia stood out among Centers at the Sr. Bowl. Randle would be a good pick but I think he goes earlier and believ Blake Bell to be more of a UDFA since he is so raw.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just have a hard time getting past using a 2nd on Bryce Petty.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Do you believe we need another safety with McDonald, Barron, Alexander, Davis, and possibly Joyner/McLeod? Also, I'd suggest using the seventh pick on Kivon Cartwright (TE, Colorado State); he's more polished than Bell is, and probably could contribute more in the third tight end role. I'm also not a fan of Petty...but I understand why you took him there. I do like the purpose of this mock, though. And I love White as a prospect.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Nice job @tahoe although I would question Petty in the 2nd, but I think you like him the best and I get it...I like Grayson and think the Rams can get him later. I also would prefer Hroniss Grasu over Max Garcia, but a big fan of Kevin White and Havenstein.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Nice Mock! Agree with Den, somehow we need to get Hroniss. Putting Long at LG is thinking outside the box.... we may already have our LG on the roster! Robinson - Long - Grasu - Saffold - Barksdale, that Line isn't too shabby. Bryce Petty is a good pick, because he's not a plug-n-play starter, & he can sit behind Bradford & develop while Bradford goes on a tear :D

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not a Grassu guy. Didn't impress me. I watched Gallik and Grassu on the same day and I thought Gallik looked a lot better. But centers aren't my strongest position. I'll definitely admit that.

lockdnram21

Legend
I like everything but wr in the first but wouldn't be mad. Don't think there's any chance we draft 1 that early. Also some people are saying white goes before cooper. I honestly hope Cooper, White and Parker are gone by our pick we need to pick OT

tahoe

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Memento I still think they need a center fielder free safety unless they move Joyner there. @den-the-coach thanks these are obviously the guys I like right now but I prefer Garcia because he has a guard nastiness at center with good size, I want the meanest nastiest line we can get. @JonRam99 I think Long at LG makes a ton of sense. @lockdnram21 in my scenario where they keep Barksdale and Long taking an OT in the first doesnt make much sense and these wrs are too good to pass up.

lockdnram21

Legend
@Memento I still think they need a center fielder free safety unless they move Joyner there. @den-the-coach thanks these are obviously the guys I like right now but I prefer Garcia because he has a guard nastiness at center with good size, I want the meanest nastiest line we can get. @JonRam99 I think Long at LG makes a ton of sense. @lockdnram21 in my scenario where they keep Barksdale and Long taking an OT in the first doesnt make much sense and these wrs are too good to pass up.
So Basically we have a bunch of receivers and no line to block for our gimp Qb. Barksdale is overrated and Long is done imo. like i said i wouldnt be mad at receiver but think we have greater needs. there was also nothing wrong eith our receivers they needed a competent qb