Tag and Trade Fowler Question

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Morgan Fox has been I guy I liked, but last season was tough to watch. He is not as good as he used to be. I don’t think he is ascending either.
-Was wondering about a Dereck Wolfe ??

- What is Brockers going to get on the open market will be the biggest question. The Rams already have his value penciled in. The want him back. I don’t think he will break the bank on the open market either. That my opinion. I think finding a MLB is what The Rams need to find.
I’m not sure about the draft value just now, but will get into it after the combine & during OTA’s.. That is when as a Fan we can get a better idea on the direction The Rams will be going. - McSnead usually breaks the draft down that way.

Wolfe will be +30 years of age in 2020 and likely commanding $10mil plus. The Rams have their vet defensive lineman in Donald, so we should now look to the draft for a quality DE to grow with the team. Fox will be a still young returning RFA whose stats nearly mirror those of Brockers.
Brockers will be paid better as a 3T on a team running a 4-3 Base defense where he is a better scheme fit.
At ILB, i'd like to see the Rams take one in free agency and another in the draft. My last mock has us taking Patrick Onwausor ($20.mil over 4 years) in free agency.
jmo.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wolfe will be +30 years of age in 2020 and likely commanding $10mil plus. The Rams have their vet defensive lineman in Donald, so we should now look to the draft for a quality DE to grow with the team. Fox will be a still young returning RFA whose stats nearly mirror those of Brockers.
Brockers will be paid better as a 3T on a team running a 4-3 Base defense where he is a better scheme fit.
At ILB, i'd like to see the Rams take one in free agency and another in the draft. My last mock has us taking Patrick Onwausor ($20.mil over 4 years) in free agency.
jmo.

Your way ahead of me. Okay, I’m still intrigued with some of these real young players The Rams have on there roster.

J. Polite ?? Did you have him in top 100 last season in your Mocks ??

M. Copeland ?? Does he have any talent ??

Brewer,Evans, &Edwards would be 1-3 rd picks in 2020. Just think The Rams did well with these guys & with all the injuries upfront. That experience was priceless & I don’t think most fans see it that way. We can talk draft & players, but the CAP savings upfront might be what gets The Rams back to the Super Bowl sooner than later.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Your way ahead of me. Okay, I’m still intrigued with some of these real young players The Rams have on there roster.

J. Polite ?? Did you have him in top 100 last season in your Mocks ??

M. Copeland ?? Does he have any talent ??

Brewer,Evans, &Edwards would be 1-3 rd picks in 2020. Just think The Rams did well with these guys & with all the injuries upfront. That experience was priceless & I don’t think most fans see it that way. We can talk draft & players, but the CAP savings upfront might be what gets The Rams back to the Super Bowl sooner than later.

I don't believe I listed Polite on an of my mocks last year, I really can't recall, but he would definitely have been a top 100. I try to avoid picking players who have already been mocked by others and jrry32 had already picked him as a 2'nd rounder. Carraway was having a good camp right up until his injury.
Copeland, imo, also had a pretty solid camp and landed on our practice squad, if he's kept up his development, I could see him possibly making the regular roster. I make room for him by cutting Tanzel Smart.
Edwards, Evans, Brewer & Corbett all had some shining moments as first year Rams players last season, they should come back stronger and even better prepared for 2020.
jmo.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't believe I listed Polite on an of my mocks last year, I really can't recall, but he would definitely have been a top 100. I try to avoid picking players who have already been mocked by others and jrry32 had already picked him as a 2'nd rounder. Carraway was having a good camp right up until his injury.
Copeland, imo, also had a pretty solid camp and landed on our practice squad, if he's kept up his development, I could see him possibly making the regular roster. I make room for him by cutting Tanzel Smart.
Edwards, Evans, Brewer & Corbett all had some shining moments as first year Rams players last season, they should come back stronger and even better prepared for 2020.
jmo.

So can Copeland play DE like Fowler in running downs ?? He is a little small, so I’m not sure if he has much foot speed either to come off the edge ??

Smarter has always survived. Mike Thomas as well. I’d like to see a WR taken when there is value. Kupp,Reynolds,Everett. This is why I keep saying no OL in 2020 draft. What about a QB ? Les won’t draft a RB either, so Henderson & Kelly need to step up.

Is there going to be any MLB’s that are studs ??

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
So can Copeland play DE like Fowler in running downs ?? He is a little small, so I’m not sure if he has much foot speed either to come off the edge ??

Smarter has always survived. Mike Thomas as well. I’d like to see a WR taken when there is value. Kupp,Reynolds,Everett. This is why I keep saying no OL in 2020 draft. What about a QB ? Les won’t draft a RB either, so Henderson & Kelly need to step up.

Is there going to be any MLB’s that are studs ??

At 6'2" and 287lbs. Copeland may not have the length we'd prefer, but as a rotational player he should be just fine. He's the same size as Denver's starting DE Shelby Harris, and if he works for Fanzio, i'd imagine he should work for Fanzio's protege Brandon Staley, our new DC.

I suspect the Rams will draft a WR since Thomas is likely gone as a free agent, also Josh Reynolds is entering his 'contract' year and Cooks is a bit of a crap-shoot with his concussion history. I could also see the potential loss of Malcolm Brown, so I wouldn't rule out another drafted RB.

Yes, I see a QB in our future, although considering our limited number of draft picks, he'll likely be a UDFA camp arm. Ideally we would prefer a veteran, but CAP space will probably rule that out. I was a big fan of John Wolford last season and hope to see him make the final cut, I just wish he'd grow a couple more inches. :D
jmo.

Last edited: