T-Hawks Rams Offseason!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

T-Hawks

UDFA
Free Agency

Cut
Kendall Langford
Jake Long
Scott Wells
Isaiah Pead
Chris Givens

Sign- Kenny Britt WR St. Louis Rams- Kenny Britt was a great leader for the AFROS (Americas finest receivers on Sundays) last year. He put up big production, and he looked like a number one receiver. This is a must for us to sign him. Imagine him with a full year with Bradford.
Kenny+Britt+St+Louis+Rams+v+Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+Fco4i-i0hc8l.jpg

Sign- Cory Harkey TE St. Louis Rams- Harkey could be signed at a minimum contract. He can take the role of Kendricks really well. I feel that Lance will be moving on to New England maybe. Harkey could be a nice consolation prize and save us money.
nfl_a_CoryHarkey_cmg_600_300x300.jpg

Sign- Mike Pearson OT/OG St. Louis Rams- Pearson is a very cheap versatile player that we could sign for vet minimum. He could play tackle and guard spot, and he is a depth signing.
Michael+Brockers+St+Louis+Rams+v+San+Francisco+PKrJxIrXjhXl.jpg

Sign- Colt McCoy QB Washington Redskins- McCoy would be a great backup. He played great with the Redskins in the beginning. With a better team I feel like McCoy would be a great back up quarterback. McCoy and Bradford are similar quarterbacks and good friends. This signing makes a lot of sense.
redskins-cowboys-foot_lanc7.jpg

Sign- Rahim Moore FS Denver Broncos- I don't have us signing Mcleod back. He got beat to many times and we need a true center field safety. If we had a true center field safety Jenkins would not get beat so much.
Rahim-Moore-Getty.jpg

Sign- Stefen Wisniewski Center Oakland Raiders- We need a true dominate center. Wisniewski is a young and upcoming player that will be a great player.
093011-wiz-story.jpg

NFL Draft

Round One- Brandon Scherff OG Iowa- Scherff is a perfect pick up for us. He will be our new offensive guard. He is mean and nasty and get to the next level.
0ap1000000223983.jpg

Round Two- Devin Smith WR Ohio State- With the cutting of Chris Givens we get a much needed upgrade. Smith is special at catching a deep ball. Bradford is great at throwing the deep ball and Smith will be a star for us.
11571925-standard.jpg

Round Three- Daryl Williams OT Oklahoma- Williams will be are new right tackle. He is big and is a great run blocker.
244629-0-600.jpg

Round five- Ben Heeney MLB Kansas- Heeney is a high motor player that brings much needed linebacker depth behind JL.
resize

Round Six- Zack Wagenmann DE Montana- Wagenmann is my favorite sleeper of this draft. He is not overly athletic but he has a high motor and he never gives up. He reminds me of a young Jared Allen and Chris Long. He would be a good developmental prospect. Watch his Eastern Washington tape.
Zack-Wagenmann.jpg

Round Seven- Bryan Bennett QB Southeastern- Very athletic quaterback we give a flyer on.
bennett_14.jpg

Depth Chart

Offense
QB- Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, Bryan Bennett
RB- Tre Mason, Benny Cunningham, Zac Stacy
WR- Kenny Britt, Brian Quick, Devin Smith, Tavon Austin, Stedman Bailey
TE- Jared Cook, Cory Harkey, Alex Bayer
LT- Greg Robinson
LG- Brandon Scherff
C- Stefen Wisenski
RG- Rodger Saffold
RT- Daryl Williams

Defense
DE- Robert Quinn, Chris Long
DT- Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers
OLB- Alec Olgetree, JoLonn Dunbar
MLB- JL
CB- Janoris Jenkins, Trumaine Johnson
FS- Rahim Moore
SS- TJ McDonald

Special Teams
K- Greg Zeurlein
P- Johnny Hekker
LS- Jake McQuade
KR- Benny Cunningham
PR- Tavon Austin

What do you guys think? Thanks!

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I disagree with the Rahim Moore signing. I believe we keep Mcleod. Fisher and Co seemed to like him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not really a fan of Colt McCoy. The Draft looks good. I'm still not gung ho on Scherff at #10 but he's not a bad option. Like all the players you came away with except Bryan Bennett. He can't hit the broadside of a barn. :LOL:

Not in love with FA but it's not bad either.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I like most of it except the QB. The Rams exposed Colt McCoy and he wasn't any better than Austin Davis. Teams can Toff on him and he cannot handle it. I would just as soon keep Davis and drft a QB early rather than rely on McCoy.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Trade that 6th rd pick to Chicago for David Fales and sign me up! (y)

But seriously...not bad at all for an offseason wishlist.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not a fan of Colt McCoy he's not durable at all and a plan B must ensure that guy, whoever it is, has at the very minimum established the ability to stay on the field.

Also once again the Rams are drafting a Quarterback in the early rounds, the latest IMO, will be the 3rd round and I'm a huge Buckeye fan, but Devin Smith is a one trick pony, but it is quite a trick.

FrankenRam

Starter
Nice work putting it altogether. You clearly went to a lot of work, and much more than I have time to do. So 'good on Ya' for that. I do have a couple questions about your OL plan.....

1) Unless I missed it, you don't mention Barksdale. I'm assuming you think he'll sign elsewhere, or are you hoping the Rams will just not make an attempt to sign him.(??)

2) You're planning on drafting 2 OL and having them be day 1 starters.(?) Seems more than a little optimistic.
a) Consider....almost everyone in the known universe was declaring GRob as THE best OL talent to come around since the birth of man last year. Well ok, so maybe I exaggerate a bit. The point is....he was VERY highly touted, and didn't start, even at LG, until what...the 4th-5th game of the regular season. AND.....there were at least a few reviews of his play at tackle as being indicative of how raw he was.
b) So, GRob's still somewhat raw, and now you suggest we have 2 new rookies starting along with him....and from day 1.(?) I'm not opposed to the idea in theory, but am highly skeptical Fisher would go that route.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I like it including McCoy as a back-up. I think he understands the game and could get much more out of our offense than he did out of the Skins. I don't see how we land the Wiz but I'd dig it if we could.

T-Hawks

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Colt McCoy played great last year during his first few games and he destroyed the Cowboys. He was banged up when he played us with a horrible defense. McCoy will be a great signing for us and he plays similar to Bradford.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Colt McCoy played great last year during his first few games and he destroyed the Cowboys. He was banged up when he played us with a horrible defense. McCoy will be a great signing for us and he plays similar to Bradford.

McCoy wasn't banged up in our game. He just sucked. McCoy isn't similar to Bradford. He's similar to Austin Davis. Pretty much the same player.