T-Hawks Fresh New Mock Draft and Off-season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

T-Hawks

UDFA
Happy New Year Ramily. Today I am releasing my first Mock Draft of the season. My purpose is to revamp and change our WR and QB Corps. A total overhaul of these position groups could make our team a contender again. I hope you enjoy the article and have a Happy Monday!

Cuts
Chris Long DE
Nick Foles QB
James Laurinaitis MLB

Resign
Janoris Jenkins CB
Trumaine Johnson CB
Rodney McLeod FS
Tim Barnes C
Daren Bates LB
Eugene Sims DE
Greg Zuerlein K
Benny Cunningham RB
Cody Davis S
Cory Harkey TE

Restructured
Chris Long DE

Analysis:
I signed both of our stud cornerbacks in Jenkins and Johnson. I think it will be very tricky, but it would be great to keep this CB duo together. They are great, and they are an integral part of this team. I resigned Rodney McLeod. He has played great for us this year, and he has really developed into a great player. Tim Barnes will get a cheap contract and we can develop a rookie under him. The rest our just core special team players that can be had at cheap. Overall, these are the players that I would bring back for us. I cut James Laurinaitis because he is old and does not contribute anymore for this team. Foles is cut because he is not playing good, and he did not work out. Chris Long is brought back for a much lower contract. I think he will come back. He loves this team and the players on it. He is our leader and he will rotate and be paid a lot less.

Free Agency

Adrian Clayborn DE Atlanta Falcons
I really think that Clayborn will do good on this team. He would take over at DE and play for his hometown. He is a very powerful DE that could wreck havoc on this stacked Defensive Line. I really think that this will be an under rated signing that could really work out for both parties. Clayborn will share snaps with Chris Long.
8802786.jpg

Colin Kaepernick QB San Francisco 49ers (Trade San Francisco a 2016 4th round draft pick)
I really like Kaepernick. San Francisco wants to move on from him. I can see them landing Goff or Lynch unfortunately. Kaepernick would fit really well in our offense. He can make all the throws, and his dual threat will be fun with teams worrying about Gurley and Austin. Lastly, Kaepernick knows how to win and has won in the Playoffs. The 49ers was a mess this year, and I think Fisher can turn Kaepernick's career around.
CXMQNDgUwAAGZxE.jpg

NFL Draft
Round One Pick- Laquon Treadwell WR Ole Miss
Treadwell is the number one wide receiver that we have been looking for. Treadwell is not overly fast, and he is not a burner. On the other hand he runs great routes and fights for the ball. He is a great Intermediate Route Runner that will move the chains. Treadwell will help our offense progress, and this will be a great pickup.
Laquon+Treadwell+Memphis+v+Mississippi+KRtMlFly28wl.jpg

Round Two Pick One- Will Fuller WR Notre Dame
Fuller was one of my favorite players to watch this year in College Football. He is a big play wide receiver that can change a game. I think he will get drafted around where Devin Smith got taken last year. He will fall to the second round because he drops the ball a lot, catches with the body, and he has a small frame. I really like him though. He can take the top off the defense. Defenses having to worry about Kaepernick, Gurley, Austin, and Fuller should be fun to watch. Snead and Fisher like drafting position groups back to back. Treadwell and Fuller will improve our WR Corps and Offense tremendously!!
650x366

Round Two Pick Two- Kentrell Brothers MLB Mizzou
Brothers was one of the most exciting linebackers in College Football last year. His instincts and big play potential will make our defense elite. He is a tackling machine that all seems to be next to the ball. Brothers will immediately start as our MLB. A linebacker corps of Olgetree, Brothers, and Ayers is a big upgrade and great group to take this defense over the top.
hi-res-6279256ffe68ede82a9a14f0f70ff7bc_crop_north.jpg

Round Three Pick- Evan Boehm C Mizzou- Boehm is a great center prospect. He fits our power running game. He is a big man that dominates the line of scrimmage at 320 pounds and he drives off opponents from the line of scrimmage with ease. Boehm and Barnes will battle it out, and I see Boehm as a great center for us.
evan-boehm-vs.-TAMU.jpg

Round Four Pick- Traded to San Francisco for Colin Kaepernick QB
CXMQNDgUwAAGZxE.jpg

Round Five Pick- Isaiah Battle OT
GettyImages-155409698.jpg

Round Six Pick- Jake Rudock QB Michigan
Rudock is so under rated in this draft class. All he does is win. He torched the Florida Gators in the bowl game. He has great size and accuracy. He makes all the throws and he is very smart. He can run this offense, and win us games. I really like Rudock, and I think he can be a great quaterback for us. Lets develop him and see what happens. He is a great leader from what I have read.
hi-res-0221b828eb4b6e3a4d1f1c131b995afc_crop_north.jpg

Round Seven Draft Pick- Traded to Houston

St. Louis Rams Roster

Offense
QB- Colin Kaepernick, Sean Mannion, Jake Rudock
RB- Todd Gurley, Tre Mason, Benny Cunningham
FB- Corey Harkey
WR- Laquon Treadwell, Will Fuller, Kenny Britt, Tavon Austin, Bradley Marquez
TE- Jared Cook, Lance Kendricks, Corey Harkey
LT- Greg Robinson, Darrell Williams, Isaiah Battle
OG- Jamon Brown, Rodger Saffold, Cody Wichmann, Garrett Reynolds
C- Evan Boehm, Tim Barnes
RT- Rob Havenstein, Andrew Donnal

Defense
DE- Robert Quinn, Chris Long, Adrian Clayborn, Eugene Sims
DT- Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers, Ethan Westbrooks, Louis Trinca-Pasat, UDFA
CB- Janoris Jenkins, Trumaine Johnson, EJ Gaines, Lamarcus Joyner, Marcus Roberson
OLB- Alec Olgetree, Akeem Ayers, Cameron Lynch, Bryce Hagar
MLB- Kentrell Brothers, Darren Bates
FS- Rodney McLeod
SS- TJ McDonald
S- Maurice Alexander, Cody Davis, Christian Bryant

Special Teams
K- Greg Zuerlein, UDFA
KR- Benny Cunningham
P- Johnny Hekker
PR- Tavon Austin

This is my plan for the Rams. We upgrade the WR corps and bring in some different Quarterbacks. I hope you all enjoyed the read. Thanks for your time!

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gotta admit the thought of Treadwell and Fuller in this offense gives me a little chub. But I really cannot stand Kaep we need a guy with some brains in his head not rocks.

Rudock's not a bad addition, however there are so many other QBs like him in this draft with good size and arms for long term development and also the Rams have one of those types in Mannion. So it's kind of like a lottery ticket approach who might work out but I'd prefer a little more focus on the position and higher draft capital expended to solve the problem.

Still... I love the center you took, he's my favorite center in this draft.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I actually am in agreement with Kaep.
JLau isn't going anywhere but I'm all for getting Brothers. Treadwell won't be there when we pick. Love me some Boehm! Clayborn would be a luxury we can't afford. Hayes is an important player who will take under market for us and Longacre has proven to be a great find. Finally I think Fuller is the next Chris Givens. Sorry, dropped passes are unforgivable and I am holding a grudge in advance.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Don't like Kaep, even more dislike when we add his contract salary to the dead money from Foles.
Don't really care for Clayborn, don't believe he's lived up to his early hype.
I do like the idea of replacing the rotational Hayes with an extended rotational Chris Long, just so long as we can keep it under $6.mil per.
I'm good with replacing Laurinaitis with Brothers, believe this is more important than replacing Cook if we can only replace one of them.
Can't see Barnes accepting the demotion, so he's gone.

Not sure we can sign all our own potential free agents by paying for Jenkins, Kaepernick & Foles dead money. 2016 could be over $30.mil just for C.Long, JJ, Kaep, Clayborn & Foles, so it may be tight. jmo.