SYG Offseason 1.0... Hide Your Girl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I agree with Saffold to LT and build the interior, that is the correct strategy for this season due to the relative strengths of FA and the draft. But I think the additions to the OL are a bit weak. Not to say they wouldn't work out, but I believe this line needs a difference maker on the inside to lead these clowns.

The other area I think you come up a bit short on the roster build is at CB, which is crucial without Tru's return. They're gonna keep Tru around, but if not it becomes a severely undermanned position. I don't think your additions make this roster better there.

Other than that I think it's a real nice offseason plan with lots of good ideas and enjoyed the read, thanks for putting all that together!

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree with Saffold to LT and build the interior, that is the correct strategy for this season due to the relative strengths of FA and the draft. But I think the additions to the OL are a bit weak. Not to say they wouldn't work out, but I believe this line needs a difference maker on the inside to lead these clowns.

Not a fan of Warford? I like Zeitler , but he will be paid in the top 5 in terms of guards. TJ Lang is older and will probably make just as much as Warford if not more. I like Warford because he is relatively young, with upside, a good run blocker, and a solid pass blocker.

Groy IMO is a value addition and the Rams certainly need value with limited resources and major needs for more than one player at CB, OL, WR three very expensive positions. Groy is underrated and has been with

The other area I think you come up a bit short on the roster build is at CB, which is crucial without Tru's return. They're gonna keep Tru around, but if not it becomes a severely undermanned position. I don't think your additions make this roster better there.

I agree, something I will be working towards improving next time around. Not sure I want to pay Tru what he will command, but if he gets franchised that changes everything. I am not opposed to letting Tru walk and going young like the Panthers did after releasing Josh Norman. It is a great Corner draft, so if you can hit offense heavy in Free Agency then you can take advantage of the talent in CB draft.