Surprise cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I would agree on Wells. The good news here is if Wells IS cut then BArnes and Jone have done well
Barnes is ready to play...Hell, Snisher may pick up a FA cut center to replace Jones if he doesn't play well.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Shaun Hill. Maybe Gilbert tears shit up and Hill is finally too old to do what he does. I doubt it happens, but it would be a surprise.

Greg Stone

Rookie
I think the last surprise cut was Daryl Richardson. Surprise cuts before the final can be to give the guy a better chance to catch on somewhere else if you think he'll be cut eventually, some behind the scenes off the field "issue", clearing cap space for a planned signing or new contract...

I'll throw out Dunbar as a possible surprise cut that might happen because Fisher seemed genuinely angry at him last year and a very good talent pool of young linebackers.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Eugene Sims.

They'd save a decent chunk of change that can be rolled over to next season and if both Westbrooks and Sam show something in the preseason Sims may be on his way out.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's not happening...He may be the best RB on this team. Yes that's right....even over Stacy. Benny's YPC were considerably better than Stacy last year.
So you would be surprised if he were cut?

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
For sure...I see where you're going with that...I guess I was just thinking more along the lines of players that are near the bottom of the depth at position but still quality players, not so much players that are a lock to make the team. Cunningham is near or at the top of the RB depth chart.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eugene Sims.

They'd save a decent chunk of change that can be rolled over to next season and if both Westbrooks and Sam show something in the preseason Sims may be on his way out.

He wouldn't be cut. Traded maybe, but Coach O thinks he's looked good in TC, which makes even that unlikely. But yes, if they decide they really want to keep both Westbrooks and Sam, AND there is a decent offer for Sims, I suppose he could be traded. At this stage I'd bet against it, though.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
He wouldn't be cut. Traded maybe, but Coach O thinks he's looked good in TC, which makes even that unlikely. But yes, if they decide they really want to keep both Westbrooks and Sam, AND there is a decent offer for Sims, I suppose he could be traded. At this stage I'd bet against it, though.

So I guess you'd be surprised if he's cut then?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For sure...I see where you're going with that...I guess I was just thinking more along the lines of players that are near the bottom of the depth at position but still quality players, not so much players that are a lock to make the team. Cunningham is near or at the top of the RB depth chart.
Fisher has remained loyal to his 2nd rounder in Pead, so I imagine Mason is a lock.
No predition by any means, but Stacy is the #1 and if Mason KILLS it in pre-season?

Right. No chance. Hence surprise

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's not happening...He may be the best RB on this team. Yes that's right....even over Stacy. Benny's YPC were considerably better than Stacy last year.
He also played a lot less than Stacy. YPC can be very misleading with few attempts.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Ball security will be a major factor in determining the RB depth chart. Personally i don't think there's much of a pure talent differential among Pead, Stacy, Cunningham, Mason.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler

Yeah, this year.

He's due $1.6M in 2015 that I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting out from under if they're happy with Sam and Westbrooks.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Surprise (deletions) will come from these 3 positions.... and it will not necessarily come from cuts. Thinik the FO is seriously working (should be) on trades (4-7th rounders). My prediction of the 3 most likely to be MOVED are one, two or three or all of the above are:

RB Pead
WR Pettis
A Defense lineman (could be one of three)

We have NOW have a team where after the initial cuts are made, there will be A lot of teams liking our left overs.

Of course it ALWAYS depends on injuries.

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Nope!! Pead will not be cut because of his STs play. People undervalue STs play. With Bailey out four games Pead is a primary gunner.

Pead is way down the list.

Good point.....and that's why it would be a big surprise.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Givens, Pead, Jones, and Pettis....that order.