Supplemental picks in 2017?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yes it seems so. I don't know if it goes by money or by playing time though. Maybe Nick Fairley will get them a pick too. If Sensabaugh is just a rotational DB then he shouldn't cancel anything out......at least I think that is how it works.

It is funny how Peter King lauds the Patriots for benefitting from supplemental picks each year, as if they are the only team to do so. Most teams that have a good roster benefit from them. The 49ers and Seahawks have in recent years. AT least it means the Rams have a good roster.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fairley signed and now Jared Cook signed. Does anyone know if it is the money paid that determines Supplemental picks, or is it time played? A cheap starter is still a starter right?

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Fairley signed and now Jared Cook signed. Does anyone know if it is the money paid that determines Supplemental picks, or is it time played? A cheap starter is still a starter right?

Fairley helps the supplemental formula, but I don't think Cook factors in because he was released and not a FA with an expiring deal.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes it seems so. I don't know if it goes by money or by playing time though. Maybe Nick Fairley will get them a pick too. If Sensabaugh is just a rotational DB then he shouldn't cancel anything out......at least I think that is how it works.

Money, playing time, and post season honors is what goes into the formula. The exact formula is secret, though some have reverse engineered it, apparently fairly accurately.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think the Rams made an effort to do better at getting supplementals vice striking out on big ticket FAs. Drafting well, re-signing your best picks, and scooping lots of supplementals for the ones that get away seems like a great long-term strategy to field a good team. So yeah, here's hoping they do well in them next year.