Super Bowl Food... What's on everyone's menus today?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I always like to hear what other's are serving for their Super Bowl parties. Eating and drinking too much seem to go hand in hand with The Bowl. Here's what is being served over here...

Pulled pork for sandwiches. I've got a big pork shoulder that I've been smoking since late last night still on the smoker now (I smoke them at a very low temp for 15 hours). The key step / ingredient is the rub that I get from Stu. I gotta order more. BTW, we like to put cole slaw on our pork sandwiches down here,,, so I make my own slaw for that.

I'm also gonna be smoking some chicken wings with my homemade sauce. I make half with super hot sauce and the other half with a milder version.

Crab dip and a 3-pepper cheese dip. Wasabi pickles and a bunch of other munchie foods on the side.

Chocolate Oreo ice cream cake. My twins are celebrating their 16th this weekend too.

All forms of alcohol.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Damn man, that all sounds great. I'm not doin a damn thing. They have been working me like a damn fool at work, I just want to kick back and enjoy today. But I wish I knew someone that could cook all that stuff. I'm a grill master, but I've never smoked a thing. I really wanna try. Hey Stu, u make any good grill seasoning?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
we are going to some friend's house for a SB party ... they are doing chili ... damn I hope someone is supplying the BeaNo!!

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
40 folks coming here for chili, hot dogs, bacon wrapped smokies, hot crab dip and whatever else folks bring. Did a pig on the barrel smoker last year. Too cold for that this year. Selassie's food sounds really good! BYOB!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
40 folks coming here for chili, hot dogs, bacon wrapped smokies, hot crab dip and whatever else folks bring. Did a pig on the barrel smoker last year. Too cold for that this year. Selassie's food sounds really good! BYOB!

Holy cow! That's a party!

Sounds like damn good food too!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I forgot to list the homemade Mac n Cheese. The wife's making that too.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Copious amounts of liquor and a pizza.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Must be nice..

I have to eat Totinos here.

Maybe have a few screw drivers using Sunny D.
Totinos are great. You just fold them in half like a giant taco.
Sunny D is a good substitute too. Vodka doesn't need a fancy accompaniment. Everything goes well with awesome-water.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
You better order now.

Even Chinese is going to take 20-30 minute
I used to work as a pizza maker for pizza chain. Superbowl Sunday was very busy until game day. Once the game started it died down quite a bit. I don't think you'd have a problem getting a pizza if you wait until the game started to order it.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sippin on a Bloody Mary. Later, will have several Corona Lights with Key Limes (it's gonna be in the low 80s outside today). Game time... Capt & Diet.

Chances are high that I play hooky from the office monyana,

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I ordered Dominos once on Super Bowl Sunday...it was the Patriots/Eagles year. Ordered it @ 6...got it at 9. Homemade ever since.

It's gonna be a taco night for me.

iced

gonna smoke some ribs today....probably some chicken thighs as well, not sure what else..

should look something like this
1535431_10203011147229778_1562346215_n.jpg

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Next-door neighbor (also a Rams fan) is hosting a Super Bowl party -- pretty sure wings are on the menu. Not sure what else, but there will be assorted meat & non-meat options.

Will be washing it all down with Dogfish Head 60-Minute IPA. And since I've already taken the day off from work tomorrow, I'll have as many of those IPA's as I damn well please :D

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
We're keeping it simple, but good today, as it's just me and the Misses here today. Made a pot of chili and 2 cheese balls last night. Getting ready to make some Sweet Baby Rays crockpot chicken wings. Will probably break out some of my homemade salsa and pickled hot peppers.

The Misses will be doing blackberry wine. I got a 20 pack Bud Light bottles and a 750 ml and a half of Cuervo Gold with plenty of lemons and limes. Work should be interesting tomorrow. :LOL:

iced

3 racks of ribs and a pork butt on the smoker....just 7 or 8 hours away now...

Ramifications

Going to a friends, usually chili is served (maybe white this year for variety - chicken, white beans, creamier sauce), beer of course.

Preparing some snacks for family at home... lot of stuff was on sale at the market. Chip (kettle brand potato, the best) and dip (sour cream/Lipton's onion soup), nachos and tacquitos (guacomole, salsa and sour cream) and TGIF appetizers (spicy wings, potato skins with bleu cheese dressing and mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce).