Super Bowl ads 2013: Your complete, live roundup...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
FPxOsVD.png

By Jay Busbee | Shutdown Corner – 9 minutes ago
<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/super-bowl-ads-2013-complete-live-roundup-commercials-211816688--nfl.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... um=twitter</a>

Super Bowl commercials are an American institution. You know another American institution? Making snap, sweeping judgments on work others spent months and millions creating. We're combining both right here, with quick-hit takes on the best (and the worst, can't forget the worst) ads of Super Bowl XLVII. Winners, losers and full video ... you'll get it all right here.

We'll start with one pregame spot just to whet your appetite. The rest, you'll see when they air during the game. Refresh this page early and often to keep up with the latest.

Winners:
Budweiser, "Brotherhood"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2prAccclXs[/youtube]

Verdict: OH COME ON. Are you kidding me? Super Bowl commercials aren't supposed to make you cry! They're supposed to make you laugh or cringe or go reload your plate. This? This ad makes you want to call your parents, hug your kids, and maybe just buy a horse. Flat-out winner out of the gate. Going to be a lot of people dabbing their eyes with cocktail napkins when this one airs.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It would be great to see the commercials here!

The classic commercials don't often air in Canada. I'm not exactly sure why that is, but assume the US is the target market for most of the advertisers and they don't pay for the air time up here.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:

The classic commercials don't often air in Canada. I'm not exactly sure why that is, but assume the US is the target market for most of the advertisers and they don't pay for the air time up here.
So what do you see during breaks? Local stuff?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

So what do you see during breaks? Local stuff?

I guess I'd call it normal TV ads. Like McDonalds, car commercials, beer commercials, etc... more typical ads you'd see on NFL Sunday.

Some of them DO come through, but I'd guess we only get about 25% of the epic ads.

Usually the beer ones come through, if I remember right. I'll try to pay better attention assuming the 49'ers don't drive me to drink.