Sunday's Commentators: Joe Buck & Troy Aikman

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I can't stand listening to those two. Aikman straight up hates the Cowboys it sounds like. Joe Buck has no business commenting on football.

You can just see the lustful adoration Joe has for Troy every time he looks in his eyes. His heart skips a beat, and he can't wait to get home and write about how Troy accidentally brushed up against him in his diary.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OMG...Who was the bald dude who knew squat?

And the bimbo wasn't much better

The bald dude Neil Reynolds used to play WR for the scottish Claymores in the NFL europe

they used to have a "better" team Kevin Cadle (his main sport is basketball though) and Nick Halling (who was pretty good but his main gig was boxing ) i swear i could be better job than all of them

have no idea who the Bimbo is though i think they were worried they were short on yanks ;)

whitedk57

Ram fan for life
Name
Duane
Aikman didn't think that Cassius Marsh should have been called for the facemask on Keenum... but it was obvious - what a homer!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I think Troy and Buck do a good job for the most part. What creeps me out is how Buck always looks longingly up at Troy like he is in love with him. Totes creepy....

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Aikman didn't think that Cassius Marsh should have been called for the facemask on Keenum... but it was obvious - what a homer!

Even if they dont call the facemask, wouldnt it be an illegal blow to the head? Either way its a 1st down.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I thought they sucked...

Extremely biased to Seattle the whole game.

Midway thru 3rd they stated the Rams had to clean up the penalties(which they do) if they wanted to be a winning football team. Then a stat popped up on screen that showed Seattle with 2 more penalties.

At the end of the game, Buck stated that Bennett "got a hand in the face of a Rams player" , but refused to say he threw a punch

I disagree about the bias. I didn't see it.
I did not agree with everything they said, but didn't really see lots of bias.

Which would make sense regarding Aikman given he's a life long Rams fan.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I disagree about the bias. I didn't see it.
I did not agree with everything they said, but didn't really see lots of bias.

Which would make sense regarding Aikman given he's a life long Rams fan.
I thought Aikman was good and Buck pretty good. But I was annoyed by Buck's misleading comment that the Rams gave up 6 picks to move up for Goff, which didn't explain what they got back and that two of the picks were acquired extras (if the compensatory pick for Jenkins comes through). And if they hadn't gotten Goff, it would have been all about how good the Rams D is but they will never go anywhere because they don't have a quarterback. However... the game coverage was fine.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Even if they dont call the facemask, wouldnt it be an illegal blow to the head? Either way its a 1st down.

It was a soft call, I think we got the benefit of the doubt because the crew knew they missed a few big ones on Seattle.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I can't stand listening to those two. Aikman straight up hates the Cowboys it sounds like. Joe Buck has no business commenting on football.

You can just see the lustful adoration Joe has for Troy every time he looks in his eyes. His heart skips a beat, and he can't wait to get home and write about how Troy accidentally brushed up against him in his diary.
Lolz, I didn't see your post earlier and wrote basically the same thing. Its super weird.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'll be happy to take Buck and Aikman away from you guys ;)

He's certainly better than Dick Stockton. Count Stockula needs to retire.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie

Do it. I love Aikman as a player and what he did for the Cowboys, but I can't stand him otherwise.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

YES!...........................................
giphy.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Aikman's probably one of the best analysts out there right now, and has been for a couple years now. He doesn't overreact and paint every player who does something good as the best ever, oversell guys, or go off on wild tangents like he's in a bar talking to his buddies. Professional and to the point, in a time when a lot of broadcast teams are effin clown shows.

The play-by doesn't matter to me. Tone is set by the analyst and Aikman's real good there. His not being a homer with Dallas is a positive, too. Dude is probably disgusted by Jerry the GM and his merry little band of sycophants.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

I havent' seen him in a few years, and thought back then that he had been dead for about a month but nobody had told him yet...If you think he's something, check out Verne Lundquist some time...Geez, he looks awful at about 612 pounds...

Q729

Legend
I havent' seen him in a few years, and thought back then that he had been dead for about a month but nobody had told him yet...If you think he's something, check out Verne Lundquist some time...Geez, he looks awful at about 612 pounds...
Holy shit he's still alive? I only remember Lundquist doing NBA games back in the 90s. And Stockton will always be a NBA CBS guy to me. "This is Dick Stockton and Hubie Brown saying sooo looong..."

Bruce2980

Starter
No, usually the refs don't make calls like that when it is a Rams QB that gets hit in the head, so I was surprised and it looked like Keenum was too. ha

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Just watched the game with them commentating (was at the game yesterday). I think they did great. I was waiting for Buck to go off the rails. He showed that he was a professional.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Holy crap he's still alive? I only remember Lundquist doing NBA games back in the 90s. And Stockton will always be a NBA CBS guy to me. "This is Dick Stockton and Hubie Brown saying sooo looong..."

Yeah Stockton has been bad in recent years. During Rams-Cards games, he once mistaken the cardinals as the St. Louis Cardinals. That's how bad he is