Suh visiting Rams per source

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
No he just handed out concussions and CTE like candy with his vicious head slaps. A move that would be considered beyond dirty if Suh or any other dlineman used it regularly like Jones did back in the day.
Deacon Played within the rules at his time! Next thing you'll be knocking Night-Train Lane for passing out "Neck-Tie's"!:D

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Nah, they needed a DC who didn't suck and a decent coaching staff.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think Deacon would do anything to Win, But I just don't see him Stomping a guy when he's down and Out! JMHO
Can/could you imagine a lineman doing something Deacon considered "dirty" to him? And how'd he respond??? I really loved listening to Deacon jones...and as a 11 year old...due to him...and my ultimate Ram, Jack Youngblood...I grew to love the game...and yeah, I tried to play "just like Deacon"....which probably had me playing like Suh....LOL....Object of the game on the D-Line was to administer pain....just the way we played in 1975-79
yeah...that sure doesn't look right, huh???? LOL...you crack me up flv....

oh yeah....I'm over the Falcon loss.
..Not really...
.how bout some sweet 16 matchups to pump my ROD$$$ up? You game?
I also remember people saying that once Merlin got on the football field, that mild mannered demeanor was out the window. I get the feeling though that Conrad didn't change much when he wasn't playing.
Merl was active in the community....I always thought, wow, what a nice guy....he wasn't the REAL Merl when I watched...he was that older version....when I finally saw clips of his heyday...black and white film....he was the early version of Danny White....less speed...more strength. I thought that guy #90 Brooks would be like him...nope. Merl was indeed an angel off the field...and a devil on it...I believe Dobbler....but I believe he deserved what Merl would do to him.

dang

Legend
So what’s plan B when Suh takes the$15M from Tennessee. Because I believe they will high ball.
We need something else from FA to shore up the run defense!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I met Conrad at a boxing match here in Reno and when he saw my hat he immediately launched into talking about how Merlin was a wuss. I was pretty put off by it but I knew about their feud before meeting him. He said that Merlin was dirtier than he was at times but that didn't bother him. What bothered him was that one time Merlin refused to come into the game if Conrad was on the field. Not sure if it was true but there was no doubt in his mind. Otherwise, the guy seemed to be a pretty likeable guy - not at all what I pictured.

I met Merlin when I was a kid and he was an extremely nice guy and happy to talk to fans. I still hold Merlin in WAY higher regard than Conrad but it was kinda cool meeting him and talking about how football has changed.
View attachment 24268
I know at one time, after Merlin had retired, Merlin said the Conrad Dobler was the Dirtiest Player he ever Played against! And that has to say a lot, considering the era Merlin played and who he played against!

But, that said, I would like to meet Dobler and Talk Football with him too!

Olsen& Doobler.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Merl was active in the community....I always thought, wow, what a nice guy....he wasn't the REAL Merl when I watched...he was that older version....when I finally saw clips of his heyday...black and white film....he was the early version of Danny White....less speed...more strength. I thought that guy #90 Brooks would be like him...nope. Merl was indeed an angel off the field...and a devil on it...I believe Dobbler....but I believe he deserved what Merl would do to him.

Merlin15.png

nfl_g_molsen1_576.jpg

Had I saw film of him as a kid, he'd be my favorite Ram....Loved the way he played too....

Night-Train4.jpg

Night Train.jpg
He was a Beast and a great Football Player!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Wasn't there a cash reset just a few days ago? Is there going to be another one?

Ranma

Rookie
So what’s plan B when Suh takes the$15M from Tennessee. Because I believe they will high ball.

Hopefully, the backup plan is Jonathan Hankins if we miss out on Suh, otherwise, the draft would be the obvious alternative. In fact, I get the impression that if Suh chooses someone else, the Rams may actually prefer just finding a NT prospect in the draft over Hankins.

Personally, I'd rather have Hankins to address our run-defense, which would further allow the Rams to select best player available with their draft picks.

Last edited:

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

I'm not sure this interest in Suh is really as hot as some folks seem to be making it out to be...It doesn't make the most sense in the world to me....There are a lot of other things that need money thrown at them other than than Suh..

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I'm not sure this interest in Suh is really as hot as some folks seem to be making it out to be...It doesn't make the most sense in the world to me....There are a lot of other things that need money thrown at them other than than Suh..

Well let's just say this and agree on it . If he goes to a .500 team or a team in rebuild mode for 15+mil a year . He's is, again following the money and not his passion for football

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Our biggest needs are at NT, ILB, and OLB. Suh fills one of those needs with an All Pro talent.