Suh Likely to be Released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think Suh is, and has been, very overrated.

I don't care where he lands, to be honest.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I doubt he would want to be the 3rd best guy on our D line....

jap

Legend
It's hard for me to believe that I initially wanted Suh back in early 2008 . . . until Sam Bradford's medical stability had been confirmed. Nowadays I tend to view Suh as the enemy---no matter who he is playing for.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It's hard for me to believe that I initially wanted Suh back in early 2008 . . . until Sam Bradford's medical stability had been confirmed. Nowadays I tend to view Suh as the enemy---no matter who he is playing for.

Well, he’s gonna def be the enemy in Seattle...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
. . . if he ends up there and not with us.

No chance he ends with us. He’s in Seattle, likely doing the physical now and will almost certainly sign there.

Plus, we’re supposedly grinding to keep Sammy.

jap

Legend
No chance he ends with us. He’s in Seattle, likely doing the physical now and will almost certainly sign there.

Plus, we’re supposedly grinding to keep Sammy.

That's fine with me. I would rather play against him and beat him.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
He is so going to end up in Seattle. You just know it's going to happen. Blech.

Good. They're in cap hell now, right? They sink a bunch of money into him when they need help everywhere else... win win for us.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Highly doubt he joins us , if he did this D line would be ridiculous .

I wonder if NFL players will start taking big pay cuts to form super teams. Guys like suh have made so much money already that taking a pay cut to win a ring seems logical .

Ram65

Legend
As long as he isn't in Phila or SF. He wasn't worth the money in Miami. I don't know how he has been playing. PPF has he Elite @ 91 rating. He would have made the Rams defense crazy good. Why he would go to Seattle is a mystery. They got big problems.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Suh's a girls name.

screen-shot-2017-06-25-at-6-19-30-pm.png

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Highly doubt he joins us , if he did this D line would be ridiculous .

I wonder if NFL players will start taking big pay cuts to form super teams. Guys like suh have made so much money already that taking a pay cut to win a ring seems logical .

It's easier in the NBA because the teams are so much smaller and one guy makes that much more of a difference.

That said, it would be a crazy dynamic if AD went to the Rams and either on his own or with other big $ vets decided to pool some money to sign someone on a short term deal to try to create a super team.

Oh, and I just thought of a way for Kroenke to totally funnel a TON of money to AD.

Have AD start a construction company. He can build Habitat for Humanity homes and funnel his charity monies through that. Then, have Kroenke WAY overpay to buy his construction company.

The minute he's retired, the private entities could consummate a deal in which Kroenke pays $100M for a company that's worth less than $1M.

And nothing would be illegal about it because it's a private transaction outside of football with a former player.

Now, I know there are regs about not outright paying former players...like paying a former player $10M/yr to be a quality control coach, but nothing says a real estate dev can't buy construction companies.

I wouldn't do this. Kroenke...don't do this. :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
It's easier in the NBA because the teams are so much smaller and one guy makes that much more of a difference.

That said, it would be a crazy dynamic if AD went to the Rams and either on his own or with other big $ vets decided to pool some money to sign someone on a short term deal to try to create a super team.

Oh, and I just thought of a way for Kroenke to totally funnel a TON of money to AD.

Have AD start a construction company. He can build Habitat for Humanity homes and funnel his charity monies through that. Then, have Kroenke WAY overpay to buy his construction company.

The minute he's retired, the private entities could consummate a deal in which Kroenke pays $100M for a company that's worth less than $1M.

And nothing would be illegal about it because it's a private transaction outside of football with a former player.

Now, I know there are regs about not outright paying former players...like paying a former player $10M/yr to be a quality control coach, but nothing says a real estate dev can't buy construction companies.

I wouldn't do this. Kroenke...don't do this. :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:
That was the Niners trick in the 1990s. Steve Young renegotiated 1.5 million of his contract into "future services" and the Niners got caught, but they got off light. The NFL changed the punishment to something like $4 million in fines and losing up to two 1st round picks for future offenders.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
That was the Niners trick in the 1990s. Steve Young renegotiated 1.5 million of his contract into "future services" and the Niners got caught, but they got off light. The NFL changed the punishment to something like $4 million in fines and losing up to two 1st round picks for future offenders.

Right. That's why I said, firstly, that it wouldn't be "on the books" like Young's was.

Secondly, Kroenke could argue in court that he valued the "social impact" higher than in a "sum of the parts" valuation.

So, a small construction company could be bought for a ton of money (like a bunch of startups)...

That's not future services.

In fact, he could argue that because of the antipathy created by the move AND his desire to truly be a part of the community, that the purchase was properly valued.

I've known for a long time, I'd be a good criminal, but sometimes I surprise myself...and not always in encouraging ways...LOL..