Such a contrast between Eagle and Ram handling of their rookie QB's...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Lynch was the strongest, followed by Goff, then Wentz.
Not true...Lynch, Cordale Jones, Wentz, Goff....
I've never said anything about flatter trajectory....My main judge of this is the eye test....And Jones & Lynch's arms appear the strongest...Wentz is a close third. Goff has a decent arm...We can see that....Strong enough to get it done. His deep ball flutters....

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Wentz is not only starting, but he's winning games and impressing in the process. He looks like he's been in the league for a year or two, already.

Goff has only been active in one game and has not seen a single snap. Moreover, Fisher seems willing to wait indefinitely to start Goff when he's "ready". Fans are speculating maybe game 5, maybe after the bye, maybe not until next year. WTH?

I'm frustrated...

I see only 2 possibilities to explain this current rookie QB state of affairs.

1) S&F picked the wrong QB. If so, this will be a career killing decision for both. Unless it is learned that Fisher is the one that insisted on Goff over the recommendations of Snead. In that case, only Fisher's career would be destroyed while Snead's would still be damaged. There is no greater personnel mistake than picking the wrong QB at #1 overall.

2) The coaching and prep by the Rams for Goff is hopelessly inferior to that of the Eagle coaching staff for Wentz. I'm leaning in this direction, myself. Fisher does not have a stellar record of selecting and quickly developing skill position players on O.

Neither of the above two alternatives is reassuring to me. How about you?

Like I said. I'm frustrated...

(no pun intended)

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
The place I looked it up at said Goff the the second fastest ball. Having no method of measuring power without using time. Faster means more power. Especially given that the object thrown is identical in size, shape, and weight. And I said you didn't mention the flattery trajectory thing.

KDS73

Rookie
Have to reply to this bc it's true. Wentz is special you can tell by watching. Not about the competition, it's things he's doing that he'd be doing just the same against the Seahawks or Cardinals. Making adjustments at the line, he's throwing very accurate passes and he's like what, 66% through 2 games? His pocket movement is what is surprising me the most. He moves in the pocket like Aaron Rodgers. He's already one of the best at pocket movement. He looks like he been playing at a pro level for yrs.

Yeah but none of those things have anything to do with why he's playing so well. Or so I've been told anyway. Besides, this next game is the real test. But going into a hostile environment for MNF in Chicago was supposed to be the real test, so this next game is obviously the real real test.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Did you see him doing any of that in preseason? I did not.

Did he change plays at the LOS in the Bears offense, I don't think he did but I did not watch much of him in college. What I know is he is not ready to play in the NFL and Wentz was far ahead of him in that regard coming out of college.

I don't really car what some talking head from CBS thinks, that gets as much credit as me which ain't much

Well, his coach said a lot of those things. The article seemed like an interview that was largely paraphrased into an article with a few quotes. Also, that was an offense he knew very well. I'm assuming that once he gets comfortable here hell do the same. I think saying he never made adjustments, or I read where someone said he never read a defense or never had to progress through receivers, is inherently ridiculous.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think we can all agree that our broken-ass scheme would and is holding back every QB who enters this system and thus would have held back Wentz had he been the guy. Yes, I think he overtakes Keenum in OTAs because he's more up to speed on managing a huddle and adapting to calling plays, even the nightmarish language that the Rams use, but that wouldn't make our SCHEME any better which ultimately hinders any QB back there.

It's basically like having a speed limiter on a car. The fact that it's likely Wentz likely could have gotten to 50 faster than Goff really isn't the issue when we're on the NFL Autobahn and we have every reason to believe that Goff will be able to AT LEAST be able to get to that 50 and within a reasonable period of time, even under this craptastic offensive regime (pun intended).

Part of the reason I wanted Wentz was SPECIFICALLY because of the broken scheme we run and that Fisher doesn't and won't change...and Stan Kroenke isn't in the habit of firing veteran coaches.

Now, if we could get someone like Jim Bob Cooter or David Shaw???

Who knows? We may have ended up with the true Franchise QB we were looking for.

Under Fisher? We don't even know if we got Matt Barkley... And that...well, that's just not the funnest feeling.

Would Wentz have done better here? Probably...I'd go so far as to say almost certainly..., because he was farther along and Fisher can't develop QBs worth a single damn. But it's a fait d'accompli ("done deal" for the non Frenchies). We can only hope that Goff develops in spite of Fisher... or that we get a new HC.

Cuz NOTHING about this broken scheme is developmentally friendly.

Oh, and the reason Fisher won't acquiesce to allowing Goff to start out of the shotgun? Takes away a lot of run options which require the QB to be under center and mitigates play action passing. Draws and delays rarely work with rookie QBs and Fisher doesn't and hasn't liked them. He's a power running HC and that means under center.

My worst fear is that this year has a bunch of stretches like the last two games, Fisher gets that extension and we're stuck with him for the next 3+ years... I dunno that I could take that...