Stupid Contest

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If you are under 45 you have NO chance at this.

How many of these commercials do you remember?

@DaveFan'51 is probably going to say "what none from when TV's wre first invented???"

Be honest.........

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I hate to admit this I remember all of them...hey is that a young Sam Bradford singing in the Jordache jeans commercial?:ROFLMAO:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

@DaveFan'51 is probably going to say "what none from when TV's wre first invented???"

Be honest.........

Considering My Father was a Prof. at the University of Television Technology in 1946. Your assumption is probably correct!! I Kid-you-not! (y):D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Be honest.........

Your right Les, you could of at least come up with the "Cigars- Cigarettes-Tipperillo's" Commercial! or the " Guy's remember those Levi's you.ve always been wanting to get into!" Commercial! :D:rolllaugh: Find those, IF you can! Classic's:mrburnsevil:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't remember the Duster, Dippity Do, or that Bounce commercial. I am guessing maybe the bounce commercial was regional. In the 70s our town had one black family. Rural PA was nearly all white back then and still not completely comfortable with cultures they were not familiar with.

That Duster was my first car, around 1984. I had a 72' Duster. It was jacked up in the back, aluminum slot rims, and a upholstered interior. It was all leather with bucket seats and a cool stick shifter. I loved that car.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In the 70s some may remember local TV could be exceedingly bad and cheesy. Local commercials even worse. Where I grew up we had a car dealership (Bel-Air Chevrolet) that became quite the phenomenon for how truly bad their commercials were. The spots revolved around a father (dad) and a son (junior) of course trying to sell cars. With the son imploring the dad that their prices were just too low and with the dad commanding, do the deal or sell, sell, sell. In the beginning their performances were quite robotic and you could tell they were more than uncomfortable in front of the camera. The spots were nails on blackboard hard to watch. But something clicked and they became local celebrities with people anticipating how bad the next one could possibly be. Sadly I haven't been able to find any clips and I am sure the dealership is long gone. But the memory of those silly things always brings a smile to my face.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In the 70s some may remember local TV could be exceedingly bad and cheesy. Local commercials even worse. Where I grew up we had a car dealership (Bel-Air Chevrolet) that became quite the phenomenon for how truly bad their commercials were. The spots revolved around a father (dad) and a son (junior) of course trying to sell cars. With the son imploring the dad that their prices were just too low and with the dad commanding, do the deal or sell, sell, sell. In the beginning their performances were quite robotic and you could tell they were more than uncomfortable in front of the camera. The spots were nails on blackboard hard to watch. But something clicked and they became local celebrities with people anticipating how bad the next one could possibly be. Sadly I haven't been able to find any clips and I am sure the dealership is long gone. But the memory of those silly things always brings a smile to my face.

Growing up we had a dealership like that too. C Miller Chevrolet. Cheesy commercials that got your attention because of how badly they were produced.

They had a tagline. "See the USA in a C. Miller Chevrolet" then the guy would blow a kiss to the camera.....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Jordache commercial is a bit creepy......but I had a few pair of them way back in my youth. The "trick" to getting the perfect fit was probably a myth but supposedly you were supposed to sleep in them a couple of nights before washing them. I never did that.

So the Duster and Bounce commercials were my two.......never saw them before.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Starts at 0:26. Nothing's changed as far as advertisers thinking consumers are idiots goes. This is the kind of crap the folks at 'Mad Men' were coming up with.

Noxcema
Goodyear
007 after shave
Alka Seltzer
Almond Joy
Almond Cluster
Amoco gasoline
Cheerios/V8 juice
Kix/FrostyO's
Colt 45
Alka Seltzer
ABC/The Farmer's Daughter
Lucky Strike/Tareyton cigarettes

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yWTsFVkrFc

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Oh I remember them all. That Mr. Whipple had one of the stranger fetishes I've heard of. And by the way--do kids play Frisbee anymore? I used to love them.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I remembered all but the Dodge Dart and the Bounce commercial.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't remember that particular Jordache commercial - or maybe I just managed to tune it out of my memory - thank god. The rest? Guess I'm old enough.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Oh I remember them all. That Mr. Whipple had one of the stranger fetishes I've heard of. And by the way--do kids play Frisbee anymore? I used to love them.
Absolutely hated the Charmin commercials. Wanted to smack that dude so bad.

And mostly people play disc golf with discs similar to Frisbees. Not sure I have even seen an actual Frisbee in a store lately. We used to play with those all the time.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Absolutely hated the Charmin commercials. Wanted to smack that dude so bad.

And mostly people play disc golf with discs similar to Frisbees. Not sure I have even seen an actual Frisbee in a store lately. We used to play with those all the time.
toilet paper aint the only thing whipple's been squeezin.

btw, here's a winner. marijuana was bad in the 70's , HOWEVER, its ok to have a cigarette commercial where the billboard people sing and smoke at you. awesome.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U-irxKoh6M